• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Go Ask Malice, Week 3: February 5th - March 22nd

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Staff member
Black Thorn
Book Club: Go Ask Malice
Third week (week 41): October 9th - October 16th

The book is in diary format and this week we will be reading the book dates
February 5th - March 22nd (pages 67-94)

Discuss these dates here.

:)

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
We're at week three!
I haven't finished reading these pages yet but I started last night and I have to say that Faith's dream was really effectively creepy. I also felt it's an insight to why she loves Slaying so much (for her it's becoming a superhero and not a burden as it is for Buffy). It really makes it all that much sadder that her life spins out of control anyway. Obviously there are no magic fixes.

This is kind of random, but in Faith's dream she does all of these Slayer acrobatics, tapping into powers she didn't know that she had... and it really made me think about the original script to the Buffy movie. They cut it from the actual film but there's a short scene when one of Buffy's friends talks about how she during one gymnastics session made this impossible inhuman leap that just completely floored them all, and Buffy get's really awkward about it because she can't explain it and doesn't want to be a "freak". Even if Faith's thing was a dream it does make me think of Slayer lore and how they're 'better' even as Potentials, but as I said in the previous week's discussion, I wonder if they start getting more Slayer like as they are about to be called. Like even if the Watcher's council doesn't know who is going to be called the magic does and it starts stirring in the body of the right Potential, manifesting as increased abilities and dreams.

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
Very nice that we get a first glimpse of what'll become Faith's tattoo!

I also like the little show reference where she's confronting her boyfriend about his stealing and she says:
"Because it's wrong,' I said, but the words didn't sound right coming out of my mouth, like I didn't believe them myself."

Again, I'm no fan of the blackouts and at first I thought it was ridiculous that she was locked up, but then I actually liked that she started to make a friend aaaand of course that was cut short. Nothing lasts in Faithy's life.

How is everyone else doing? :D

WillowWhispers

Bored now...
I got way behind in reading myself and read all of week 3 last night LOL. I agree with you @Taake that her dreams are heavily prophetic of her upcoming powers and that her powers are increasing in intensity. I was wondering if maybe her powers were ramping up in the fight scene in the locker room from week 1. What I'm really curious about is why Kenny could see her "imaginary friend" towards the end her stay in the hospital. I got the impression after this that he really doesn't have schizophrenia, but maybe has "seeing" ability. Also begs the question about the little girl and what her role is.

Taake

Staff member
Black Thorn
I also got the feeling that he was more of a seer or vision-guy than schizophrenic. It was interesting I thought too because doesn't she say that he's holding hands with the little girl Alex? She feels more like a ghost or something than imaginary as Faith assumes she is.

Top Bottom