• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Go Ask Malice, Week 5: April 25th - May 12th

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Staff member
Black Thorn
Book Club: Go Ask Malice
Fifth week (week 43): October 16th
- October 23rd

The book is in diary format and this week we will be reading the book dates
April 25th - May 12th (pages 122-149)

Discuss these dates here.

:)

Bloody William

Potential
Oops. I finished the book last night! Won't ruin it, but it wasn't too bad. A little over the top in places but overall I'd recommend it.

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Staff member
Black Thorn
Oops. I finished the book last night! Won't ruin it, but it wasn't too bad. A little over the top in places but overall I'd recommend it.
Haha, you can still join in on the discussions I hope :)

I've only started these pages but so far I already feel that 'a little over the top in places', like there's some kind of unevenness here... Because the bad stuff is still piling on, Faith's mom obviously dies and she decides not to go to the funeral but now has to deal with this and I don't know, it's just such a short book that it feels like there's no way to do justice to what this character is really going through her. She doesn't really get to properly deal with anything I feel because the story just keeps going.

Is Alex's mom a Slayer I wonder now, and trying to connect with/possess Faith somehow to take out this bad vampire?

WillowWhispers

Bored now...
Just now catching up, was two weeks behind on reading. I did find this part of the book rushed (once more) as well. although, I would definitely say that the way Faith deals by running away is psychologically common. That she ran into K again is interesting...kind of feeds into the self destructive path. I love the portions talking about the dreams- it feels like this is the more consistent story line in the book.

Also my understanding of Alex was that she was the murdered daughter of a slayer... the slayer taking up shop in Faith to exact her vengeance upon the "Father".

Top Bottom