• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Go Fund Me Border Wall

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
A Purple Heart recipient has started a Border Wall Go Fund Me page. It's raised over 10 million in just 4 days. The proceeds are said to be donated to the government to help fund the building of the wall. He mentions that if every one of the 63 million people that voted for Trump pledged $80 it would be more than enough to get the wall built. Maybe it's a case of putting your money where your mouth is. But what of the people that voted for Trump not because of the illegal immigration policy.

But I am surprised it raised so much money in such a short time.

As a result of its success, a rival Go Fund Me page started to help build ladders so that they can climb over the wall.

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
People have donated over $10,000 to this, so no wonder it's risen to millions so quickly

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
If this is true then I hope these people end up being prosecuted for aiding and abetting an illegal act.
Well, despite the false claims of why the page exists, they say later on that:
"all funds raised will go to the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (RAICES) , a Texas-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that promotes justice by providing free and low-cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families, and refugees."

So the whole point of the page is disingenuous. They said they are speaking of "metaphorical" ladders. (insert one of them eye roll emoji)

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
So the whole point of the page is disingenuous. They said they are speaking of "metaphorical" ladders. (insert one of them eye roll emoji)
I agree. But I think the fact that its a snap reaction to the 'Build A Wall' funding types indicates that these people are the ones who want to abolish borders, ICE and other such things, rather than true, sensible immigration reform.

white avenger

white avenger
A Purple Heart recipient has started a Border Wall Go Fund Me page. It's raised over 10 million in just 4 days. The proceeds are said to be donated to the government to help fund the building of the wall. He mentions that if every one of the 63 million people that voted for Trump pledged $80 it would be more than enough to get the wall built. Maybe it's a case of putting your money where your mouth is. But what of the people that voted for Trump not because of the illegal immigration policy.
Well, despite the false claims of why the page exists, they say later on that:
"all funds raised will go to the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (RAICES) , a Texas-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that promotes justice by providing free and low-cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families, and refugees."
Well, the subject seems to be moot now, since the House has passed a bill funding the Wall and the Senate is expected to follow suit. It seems strange to me that all this support didn't come before literally the last few hours of a Congress controlled by the Republicans in both Houses. better late than never, from the supporters' view, but apparently a real blow to Schumer and Felosi, who both swore and bedamned that there wouldn't be enough votes to get the job done.

Support the Wall or not, we have to agree that this is one of the major points in Trump's election platform, and he has, apparently, done what few politicians manage to do. He has made good on his promise.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Just in case it is blatantly obvious to you yet, the wall is still a promise so he hasn't made good on it.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Of course America can make Mexico pay for the wall, they just have to choose how much in the way of tariffs they put on the restructured trade deal. There are just so many ways to penalize Mexico for not having their house in order.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
Of course America can make Mexico pay for the wall, they just have to choose how much in the way of tariffs they put on the restructured trade deal. There are just so many ways to penalize Mexico for not having their house in order.
Obviously the Trump fan base think he was lying to them to begin with or he's too incompetent to carry out the task in the manner he set out.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Obviously the Trump fan base think he was lying to them to begin with or he's too incompetent to carry out the task in the manner he set out.
No. They think that the Democrats in the House tie his hands and prevent him from doing anything.

thetopher
thetopher
Exactly.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
To help pay for the wall Trump is pulling all US troops out of Syria. That way ISIS will survive and get stronger, I wonder why a lot of countries are seeing Trump as a person not to be trusted.
How many of his election promises has he kept.
Maybe if the wall does get built he'll call USA a state of Mexico so that Mexicans will have paid for the wall.
And his charity has been closed because he and his family thought it was their money, can't wait to see if Trump is impeached.

white avenger

white avenger
I had no idea there were so many Trump supporters in the Buffyverse fandom.
You know, I've heard the Bangel shippers here say the exact same thing about Spuffies. It just goes to show, diversity is rampant wherever we go.

I'll bet there are even a few people here who actually prefer cats to dogs, but lord only knows why.

NeonSlayer
NeonSlayer
That they didn't know there were a lot of Spuffies?

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
I don't think it'll hit it's target amount, once the initial interest wears off it'll struggle to get big donations, at the moment it's still in the limelight so people are still donating and sharing it.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
I don't think it'll hit it's target amount, once the initial interest wears off it'll struggle to get big donations, at the moment it's still in the limelight so people are still donating and sharing it.
I dunno. Considering the government shut down because, in part, of wall funding it might actually get more donations.

Top Bottom