• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Go Fund Me Border Wall

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I had no idea there were so many Trump supporters in the Buffyverse fandom.
People can support border security without being a fan of Trump.

I really dislike that politics has become so tribalistic instead of being based on the actual issues.

On a slightly related note Paddy Ashdown of the Lib Dems has passed. A sad day.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Stop it, evil hand! Stop it!
Black Thorn
Quite true. Though I feel that landmines, not a wall, would solve the illegal immigration problem overnight.

There could be a Go Fund Me page to finance landmine purchases before they're lovingly placed at the border. No muss, no fuss. You try to sneak across, and boom! No legs. Harder to run from ICE now.

Plus, nothing has to be built! I fully support this idea.

Last edited:

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Quite true. Though I feel that landmines, not a wall, would solve the illegal immigration problem overnight.

There could be a Go Fund Me page to finance landmine purchases before they're lovingly placed at the border. No muss, no fuss. You try to sneak across, and boom! No legs. Harder to run from ICE now.

Plus, nothing has to be built! I fully support this idea.
They did a poll several years ago about placing landmines around the walls/fences and I was surprised at how many people supported it.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
yet your countrymen and women support guns, how odd?

I really dislike that politics has become so tribalistic instead of being based on the actual issues.

On a slightly related note Paddy Ashdown of the Lib Dems has passed. A sad day.
When they start referring to people as "illegals" that is going beyond just talking about the issues. There have also been several insults towards liberals.

Most people who support the wall ARE fans of Trump.

I'm not a Democrat or Republican, I'm Nonpartisan. I don't even refer to myself as a feminist since I have issues with abortion which I never talk about online since that's the quickest way to get accused of being a self hating misogynist.

People dislike Trump BECAUSE of his stance on the issues and measures he has taken involving those issues. Assuming someone is a Trump supporter because they are all for an extremely costly racist wall that Trump wants to build is not just being tribalistic.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
If you are a fan of really good (bad) ideas from folk of other countries, get someone who is real good at building walls; the Chinese. Apparently the Chinese are real good at falsifying computer data, so they can get the Mexicans to fund building the wall and not know it. Heck any hackers in the USA?

It's a lot easier to say "illegals" than "visitors that decided to unlawfully live in our country"
If human trafficking were still legal, would you refer to runaway slaves as "illegals"? I mean, they were only allowed to live in the US as property so living as free people, they were living here illegally.

Many Latinx come from families who visited the region that became the US centuries before it was discovered by Europeans. Even after it became a country, the border line moved so some Mexicans had their homes (lived in for generations) suddenly count as part of Texas and since they aren't US citizens they're illegally living in their own home.

If it was just about security then why is there no talk of a 21-70 billion dollar wall separating Canada? Terrorists could go up from the UK to Greenland & Iceland then to Canada and into the US.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
If human trafficking were still legal, would you refer to runaway slaves as "illegals"? I mean, they were only allowed to live in the US as property so living as free people, they were living here illegally.
If they are here illegally then they are here illegally. There are many sex workers that are shipped here illegally, but I think there is a distinction between those forced to live here and those that actively circumvent the law to live here. The former I believe, can seek asylum through various organizations. I am sure the same would be the case for these hypothetical runaway slaves.

Many Latinx come from families who visited the region that became the US centuries before it was discovered by Europeans. Even after it became a country, the border line moved so some Mexicans had their homes (lived in for generations) suddenly count as part of Texas and since they aren't US citizens they're illegally living in their own home.
What? Just... what?

If it was just about security then why is there no talk of a 21-70 billion dollar wall separating Canada? Terrorists could go up from the UK to Greenland & Iceland then to Canada and into the US.
It's not about security. Or not just about security. Why would terrorists want to go up from the UK to Greenland & Iceland just to get to Canada to enter the US?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
...they are all for an extremely costly racist wall that Trump wants to build...
Yes, a wall would be extremely costly. That's why Iand mines are such a better idea; they'd be incredibly effective AND cost efficient.

One more thing. How is a wall racist?

Spanky
Spanky
You haven't heard of the wall to wall hate crimes?

white avenger

white avenger
Yes, a wall would be extremely costly. That's why Iand mines are such a better idea; they'd be incredibly effective AND cost efficient.
If Chuck and Nancy are upset about the possibility of a wall, which, in itself, would be both totally non-aggressive and relatively maintenance free, they would go totally apoplectic at the very thought of mines.
Plus, the technology for disarming explosives is fairly commonplace, once it is established that the mines do exist.

Drug cartels maintain tunnels from Mexico to the US that would go under any wall.
Nothing would make our borders totally impregnable, short of borrowing force field technology from the Wakandans, but a proper wall would, at least, deter the majority of illegal border crossings.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
I've read that it would only stop at most 30%. Seems like a lot of time & money to stop less than a 1/3 of the problem

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Well it has been long enough since the last reply. Of all those reports of Alien spacecraft, of the hundreds or thousands of government employees who spouted the blatantly dumb explanations ( like its a weather balloon ). If they had been sacked the money saved could have paid for the wall by now.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
Well it has been long enough since the last reply. Of all those reports of Alien spacecraft, of the hundreds or thousands of government employees who spouted the blatantly dumb explanations ( like its a weather balloon ). If they had been sacked the money saved could have paid for the wall by now.
I have no idea what you just said.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Sounds just like a Government employee, did you say that on twitter?

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Sorry Give Us A Kiss, that won't work if Trump was to use his own money he'd need to declare it on a Tax Statement and he doesn't do them.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Here is an idea of how to build a theoretical wall/ fence etc:
How some genius make trip switches that will cause a nuclear weapon to go off, have the radiation only affect that area, and make it unusable for a thousand years. It won't cost much as USA has got a couple of thousand nukes.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
...a wall, which, in itself, would be totally non-aggressive and relatively maintenance free...
Hey, landmines are totally non-aggressive as well. They're just lying there, minding their own business. In all fairness, its not like they asked someone to step on them.

Top Bottom