• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Article Gravitas Acquires ‘The Nightmare Gallery’ Starring ‘Buffy’ Alum Amber Benson

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
By Dino-Ray Ramos

Gravitas Ventures announced today that they have acquired the U.S. rights to the feature horror The Nightmare Gallery starring Amber Benson, who is best known as Tara on the cult classic Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The film will be released on-demand June 18.

The Nightmare Gallery features Benson as a renowned anthropology professor investigating the unexplained disappearance of her star pupil. A mysterious collection of occult artifacts leads her on a dark, DaVinci Code-esque journey toward an unspeakable truth that threatens her career, her wife, and her sanity. The film is directed by Gene Blalock and written by Jhan Harp and Rob Stith.

The Nightmare Gallery also stars Kevin Chamberlin (Road to Perdition, Jessie), Mat Devine (Kill Hannah lead singer) and Mieko Hillman (Teen Wolf, Days of Our Lives). The film is produced by Seraph Films and AWOL Studios.

“This film explores the horrors and heartbreak that build as Amber’s character dives further down the dark rabbit hole of obsession,” says Blalock, who is also the founder of Seraph Films. “While we were already fans of Amber’s work on Buffy, we were truly blown away by the raw and brilliant intensity that Amber infused into her character.”

“The unsettling artistry and progressive storyline reflected in this movie strives for the ideal blend of entertainment and meaning,” adds Charles Hilliard, executive producer and founder of AWOL Studios. “Films can delight and inspire, yet we are passionate about pushing the envelope and using this powerful medium to advance important cultural conversations.”

Source: Deadline

KatrinaL

"I'm not strong. I'm not an Amazon. I'm just me."
I really like Amber, they could have done more with her character in BtVS.

Taake

I can kill you with my brain
Staff member
Black Thorn
Cool, might try to check it out just cause I like Amber. :)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
Eh, not that impressed with the trailer as a whole, but some of those shots were damn good. Not so much the "scary" stuff, but the atmospheric ones; like him standing atop the stairs- his shadow cast upon the wall, the walking into the house with the lights pouring out onto the fog, the close-up of the door handles, the filament of the lightbulb. Really like the way some of it was shot.

But not reading the article so as to have a clue about the movie, the trailer gave me a Prince of Darkness vibe. Same beats but updated. Especially the last shot of the trailer and the voiceover really felt Prince of Darkness when they were looking through the mirror.

(edit: I did read the OP and it doesn't overtly sound like PoD ... oh well)

Top Bottom