• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Greetings from Germany!

Amenadiel

Sinnerman
Hi!
My name is Alex. I am almost 33 years old and a Buffy fan since it first aired here in Germany. I think it was 1998 and I was 12 years old at the time. Time flys by...
I thought it would be nice to find a forum that's still active to find people with the same interests as me.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited by a moderator:
Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
Willkommen!

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Hi Alex. Welcome to the boards! :D Hope you stay a while, settle in and have fun.

Firstly, I like you lil' avatar.

Secondly, here come the the obligatory curiosity questions: ;)

Do you have a favorite Season?
Who's your favorite character?
Have you watched/enjoyed the Angel spin-off series as well?
Do you like a particular romantic pairing on either show?

:)

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
Hey Alex! I'm from germany too! But I wasn't even born when Buffy ended, so I'm defenitely not as long a fan as you are. :p lol.
Btw cool av ;)

Amenadiel
Amenadiel
Dankeschön! :) Dann bist du ja noch ein junger Hüpfer im Vergleich zu mir! :D

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
Hi, and welcome to BB! Time does indeed fly! Glad you found your way here and that you're still a fan of the show!

Amenadiel

Sinnerman
@thetopher:
Well, to be honest, it's a long time, that I watched Buffy and I cant really distinguish the seasons anymore. I guess I should watch it all again when I'll have my parental leave.

One of my favourite characters has to be Giles. His fatherly nature, all his concerns for everyone he cares about and his wisdom are just astounding! I really liked how he transorfmed from just being the strict watcher of Buffy to the friend of the whole group!

Of course I watched Angel and I liked it. The story didn't touch me as much as Buffy did, but I enjoyed seeing how his story went on. You know like, when you have a great movie and it ends but you still want to know what happened afterwards.

Concerning the romantic pairing... Well... I liked the relationship between Angel and Buffy becaus of the intense moments they had. Like when buffy had to kill Angelbut he got his soul back right before she had to do it... Man... Teenaged me was goingmad for a couple of days!
But I also liked the "forbidden" love with Spike. And Willow and Oz. And Willow and Tara. And Xander and Anya.... Actually every relationship in the show had their moments... xD

thetopher
thetopher
Giles is one of my faves too. :)

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
@Amenadiel
Dankeschön! :) Dann bist du ja noch ein junger Hüpfer im Vergleich zu mir! :D
Haha lol! "Junger Hüpfer" 😂 Ich musste gerade so lachen als ich das gelesen habe :p Lol! Es ist schön noch mehr deutsche hier zu haben, aber es gibt auch schon einpaar andere.
Es gibt sogar ein Forum um Buffy und Co auf deutsch (und anderen Sprachen) zu besprechen: Buffy and Angel International
Aber es ist nicht wirklich aktiv...

@thetopher:
Well, to be honest, it's a long time, that I watched Buffy and I cant really distinguish the seasons anymore. I guess I should watch it all again when I'll have my parental leave.

One of my favourite characters has to be Giles. His fatherly nature, all his concerns for everyone he cares about and his wisdom are just astounding! I really liked how he transorfmed from just being the strict watcher of Buffy to the friend of the whole group!

Of course I watched Angel and I liked it. The story didn't touch me as much as Buffy did, but I enjoyed seeing how his story went on. You know like, when you have a great movie and it ends but you still want to know what happened afterwards.

Concerning the romantic pairing... Well... I liked the relationship between Angel and Buffy becaus of the intense moments they had. Like when buffy had to kill Angelbut he got his soul back right before she had to do it... Man... Teenaged me was goingmad for a couple of days!
But I also liked the "forbidden" love with Spike. And Willow and Oz. And Willow and Tara. And Xander and Anya.... Actually every relationship in the show had their moments... xD
I really like Giles too!
I love Angel (the series)!!!
And it's amazing that you like so many relationships, I do too! (Though obviously I love Willow and Tara the most ;))
Who's your favourite character on Angel?
(I love Fred)
And have you watched other Whedon things (outside the Buffyverse)?

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
@Amenadiel

Haha lol! "Junger Hüpfer" 😂 Ich musste gerade so lachen als ich das gelesen habe :p Lol! Es ist schön noch mehr deutsche hier zu haben, aber es gibt auch schon einpaar andere.
Es gibt sogar ein Forum um Buffy und Co auf deutsch (und anderen Sprachen) zu besprechen: Buffy and Angel International
Aber es ist nicht wirklich aktiv...

I really like Giles too!
I love Angel (the series)!!!
And it's amazing that you like so many relationships, I do too! (Though obviously I love Willow and Tara the most ;))
Who's your favourite character on Angel?
(I love Fred)
And have you watched other Whedon things (outside the Buffyverse)?
I love Willow & Tara a lot too .

Over on Angel I liked Fred the best . Who do you think would be best for Fred .
Gunn . Wesley or as some think Willow ?

Amenadiel
Amenadiel
I kinda liked Lorne the most. :)

Kratos

Potential
Welcome. I never heard of Buffy when it first started airing (I was 10 or 11 at the time). You speak good English. Giles is one of my favourite characters too.

I like most relationships on the show. I’m a big fan of Buffy & Angel and Spike & Drusilla. I like Willow & Tara as well, though I’m not as passionate about them as other BB members are.

I hasn’t watched Buffy or Angel in a long time either until I started rewatching them nearly 2 years ago and the Buffyverse is still one of my fav franchises along with TMNT.

Buffy Boards is a great website for talking Buffyverse and other stuff. Best Internet forum imo and one of the few still quite active.

Amenadiel
Amenadiel
Thanks for the compliment! I studied English for 4 semesters at university and I also live in an area with a lot of Americans. There's a huge military base around the corner ^^

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome to the boards! There are a lot of interesting opinions voiced here and for a show that ended long ago, it is surprising that the membership on this board continues to grow. As fan forums go, this one is quite intelligent and civilized.

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Agreed . Its very friendly .

Evil Seal

The Blake Bortles of whatever's going on right now
Hallo! Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch aber it's been a long time since I practiced :p
I love that you put your own spin on Angel's tattoo, it looks great.
Welcome to the boards, and if you're looking to rewatch Buffy or anything else, there will be plenty of members who will gladly watch and discuss with you.
And I'm assuming that you're a Lucifer fan? Plenty of those here too, myself included :)

Amenadiel
Amenadiel
Thanks! Yeah. my wife and I just finished watching Lucifer two days ago! A great show!

Mr Trick

Scooby
@Amenadiel Welcome to the boards its great having you here! I love your AV too:)

Also we try to do regular watches so you could do a Buffy or Angel watch sometime with other board members?

AmberMissy

Buffy obsessed, but new here...
Hallo! Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch aber it's been a long time since I practiced :p
Welcome to the boards, and if you're looking to rewatch Buffy or anything else, there will be plenty of members who will gladly watch and discuss with you.
And I'm assuming that you're a Lucifer fan? Plenty of those here too, myself included :)
Also a massive Lucifer fan here too! :D <3

Amenadiel

Sinnerman
where did you learn to speak German? it's always cool to find someone speaking my mother tongue outside of Germany ^^

Evil Seal

The Blake Bortles of whatever's going on right now
where did you learn to speak German? it's always cool to find someone speaking my mother tongue outside of Germany ^^
We had a choice since the first year of middle school: German or Spanish as a second language. I was one of the few who chose German :p

Top Bottom