1. Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Ten thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Greetings & Solicitations

Discussion in 'Check In' started by Ayko, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Ayko

Ayko Ambassador

Greetings everybody. I am Ayko (Luke) and welcome you to my new membership here. Or is that backwards?

I have always been a loyal fan of Sarah Michelle Gellar as an (entertainment) artist, a sex symbol, and a family lady. Because of my series of business ventures and travel over the last couple of decades, I had little to no time for (TV media) entertainment of any kind. I always promised myself to watch through the Buffy series (on DVD) as soon as I had the chance. Recently, due to injuries that kept me 'bed-ridden' for months, I decided to watch the series in full. I was so impressed beyond any of my expectations I quickly organized myself the Angel series in full and have just finished all episodes of both series. I knew I would be an instant fan but at this high level...I wasn't prepared for. My health has improved and my strength is coming back although I find myself left with lost business ventures now being operated by wealthy thieves and no friends or family anywhere. What an 'eye opener', the experience of nearly dying and then first finding one has no (true) friends. I am not looking for sympathy or a place to cry about it but, the Buffyverse has been a large part of my rehabilitation and an only family friend that kept me going and kept me happy during these times. Thanks! :):cool:

In any case, I am now a member here at buffy-boards and I hope to have some interesting and fun discussions and messaging while finding some (cyber) friends with a common interest & hobby. Any suggestions where I should start/continue?

Ayko

SunnydaleGlitz likes this.
  2. Nix

Nix Queen of Coffee!!

Sineya
    Hellllllooooo and welcome to the land BB :D Have you seen Firefly and Dollhouse yet??

Ayko likes this.
  3. Last Watcher

Last Watcher Tweed Icon

Sineya
    Hello and Welcome.......:)

Just dive right in.....there's always loads going on in here......;)

Ayko likes this.
  4. Athena

Athena Belinda Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Welcome Luke, to adventures untold :) I'm glad your health has improved and you've found the light that is the Buffyverse :D

Ayko likes this.
  5. Carrie Hopewell

Carrie Hopewell Little girl lost in the woods

Sineya
    Hi! Welcome to the boards :)

Ayko likes this.
  6. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    Welcome to the boards! Feel free to jump in and discuss anything. As for the thieves, do you remember the rocket launchers in "Innocence" and "Him"? You always have options.

Taake and Ayko like this.
  7. brinkster130

brinkster130 Riley's BFF Staff Member

Sineya
    Hello and welcome!

Ayko likes this.
  8. Zenseem

Zenseem Evil, skanky and kinda gay

Black Thorn
    Hello and welcome to the board! I hope you have a great time here.

Ayko likes this.
  9. Ayko

Ayko Ambassador

Thanks, me too.

Hey.

Thanks. And you're right about options with some being employed that I receive retribution, sooner or later, so it is not as bad as it sounds right now.

:)

Like your Name, Athena. Thanks for the kind words and for pointing out the light. Hey, can I be Tweedledee?

You have a way for words. I will do that whenever I have the chance.

Hi Nix. I have not seen any episodes of either series. I read a small article about Dollhouse and I am not familiar with Firefly. You must be the Joss Wheson fan and I presume you recommend them. Well, I know when to respect authority and I will get on it organizing those series too. Thanks.:)

10. Ethan Reigns

Ethan Reigns Scooby

Sineya
    That's the fun of this place - no one needs (or is expected) to respect authority - there is no authority! But I do recommend Dollhouse and Firefly as very different types of Whedon stories from anything in the Buffyverse. Everyone's advice on this board is offered as something to be checked against facts and all advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

11. Ayko

Ayko Ambassador

Athena, while browsing, I noticed that member Taake is Tweedledee and so I take my request back and please tell Taake I meant no disrespect. That being said, you think I could be Tweedledoh?

In any case, the other day I was looking through the boards for a place to start when I then first realized how much ground is covered with so many themes making it difficult to decide. I guess i will start with the beginning unofficial unaired 25 Minute pilot episode with a different actress doing Willow and actor doing Flutie. You all familiar with it?

12. Athena

Athena Belinda Staff Member

Black Thorn
    It's no problem :) But I don't think there ever was a Tweedledoh ;)

Ayko likes this.
  13. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

Welcome to the boards! :)

What about their less intellectually inclined cousin, Tweedledim?

Athena: No, his name was Tweedledunce, wasn't it? :-p
    Taake and Ayko like this.
  14. Ayko

Ayko Ambassador

If my choices are Tweedledim & Tweedledunce, I will go with Tweedleduh although I will first warm up to Taake aka Tweedledee. Don't wanna' overstep my bounds. Not yet anyway. ;)

15. GwenRaiden

GwenRaiden AKA Apology Girl

Black Thorn
    Welcome along! I hope you're enjoying it here!

Ayko likes this.
  16. Taake

Taake Bella Staff Member

Black Thorn
    *bows to our new GuardianTweedle* Oh your hands shall be full! We're a lot of work. Try to get us to agree on something, I dare you! :p

Also welcome, great to have you here! The Buffyverse is a great set of shows to help restore your mental health (or shake it :p), glad you like Angel too. I would also recommend giving Firefly and Dollhouse a try, there's no Sarah Michelle Gellar but a lot of other familiar faces appear. :)

Did you like it? I think the decision to re-cast Willow was one of their best. Nothing against the actress, but Alyson Hannigan just embodies the character better. :)

Ayko likes this.
  17. Ayko

Ayko Ambassador

Sure, I liked the unofficial pilot show, too. I can barely remember the storyline, though. I'll have to rewatch it sometime. The decision to recast Willow, for me, was neither a good or bad Thing. I believe the idea was to create a 'ugly duckling to swan' theme with Willow (and Xander) that the management didn't want for some reason. I do not believe it had anything to do with the actress but, I do feel kind of bad for the original actress who probably looks back however often with a bitter feeling of disappointment. If I were Whedon, I would have called her back after the show became successful to play another role but, that's just me. Alyson is great as Willow but I cannot say that the first actress would have not embodied the character as well without comparing for more than just one unofficial pilot.

Btw, I changed my Avatar pic to fit in better with you and our other Tweedle Partner. I started with a BtVS Collage while considering, then chose the loan shark demon (don't know his name) who is a great character but, since Illyria and Glorificus are likely of The Old Ones with both power and Beauty, I thought I choose someone Fitting. Angel would have been good but, another avid member uses him real good and I thought better leave that and find my own with Little Options except Riley, and now when I think about it, as an old fashioned, honest and loyal friend and hero (later with a facial scar) and just as tough as the rest, and sometimes unpopular for some strange reason, I realized that he might be fitting for me. What do you think?

In any case, Taake, thanks much for the grand friendly welcome with lots of smileys.. That made me feel good at this time while feeling down and rejected. I like you, my Tweedle cutie. :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  18. Taake

Taake Bella Staff Member

Black Thorn
    Sounds like your avatar is good fit! It's a rare picture too, so it's definitely "unique" to you. The loan shark avi was great though, as for his name: Sharky? Sharkster? McSharkston? I might just be widely guessing here ;)

Ayko likes this.
  19. DeadlyDuo

DeadlyDuo Scooby

According to the Buffy wikia, it's name is "Teeth" but later changes it to Bro'os when it goes to LA.

Ayko and Taake like this.
  20. ChaseRules

ChaseRules When it comes to dating I the Slayer.

Sineya
    Glad to see you here .As the saying goes the more the better :D

And while I like Alison more than I can say I think the other actress would have been better since Willow was Jewish she looked more like one.
    But. beside that fact I have nothing against Alyson .:cool:

Ayko likes this.