• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Guess the Big Bad for House Points * Bonus Round *

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
So were rounding the corner to the big reveal as to who the Big Bad of Season 8 is behind the mask.

Here's a last chance to score some major points for your house by figuring out the mystery before it's revealed.

The rules are like this.

Meet within your house. Figure out, not just who the Big Bad is, but exactly who he, she, or it is behind the mask, and offer an explanation as to Twilight's background and possibly motivation.

Get a prefect or house representative to post your official house explanations here.

3 explanations per house are allowed.

I'll be judging. The house with the most guesses as to identity of the BB, and or background, closest to wins. If in my judgment my own house of Drogyn appears to be the winner, I'll pass the final judgment on to an independent judge, or judges.

This contest will not replace the voting poll. Votes on that poll closest to will also receive points for their house. However explanations of the Big Bads background within that thread will not count.

Oh, and here's a disclaimer by way of showing you a problem that happens later in this thread...

There is of course, the open thread for guessing who Twilight is Here.

This one's more for official house guesses, but I leave it open for feedback, so all can enjoy.

You people with a house though, wanna be careful you don't shoot all your house's bullets before your house knows what you're doing. Your house just gets 3 guesses so check with them before you post a guess here.

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
It looks like Drogyn will be the first to offer an entry here then.

----------------------------------

Drogyn Entry # 1

-----------------------------------

Who is Twilight?
Drogyn's First Guess

One thing we know about Twilight is what his chin looks like.

ChinsofTwilight.jpg

We have seen chins of other characters.

Chins.jpg

None of them really match up. Forensic experts at the mighty house of Drogyn have meticulously gone through the data looking for a chin match. They discovered this...

TwilightScientist.jpg

TwilightScientist2.jpg

Observe the chin of the scientist who works at the military stronghold we saw in Buffy 8: The Long Way Home - Part I. We suggest this is a chin match-up if not perfect, at least as close to meeting parameters as any other character in the series.

He is a man of science, not magic. This suggests motive. We know Twilight's objective is to rid the world of magic. Because Twilight has a network of connections within the military the scientist would have had the opportunity to create that network. Because his place of business also investigated magic, and magic personages such as Ethan Rayne and Amy we know he has knowledge of that world just as Twilight appears to have.

We know Twilight can fly. How does he do this. Is it magic? Is it advanced anti-gravity science? Magic could be embedded within the costume Twilight wears, or hidden in some mystical object beneath the suit. We have seen science enabling flight and super human power in a suit before elsewhere in the super-hero realm. Iron Man has such a suit.

A little known fact is Joss Whedon had a fascination with Iron Man in his early days as writer. He produced an outline for an Iron Man script.

MAIDA: you were once slated, or tapped or rumored - I don't know how you want to put it - to write a script for the "Iron Man" movie. Is that correct?

WHEDON: Yeah. I was in talks to do it. I had an outline, and it was good and solid, and I just stopped dead. Because I realized I just didn't want to have my first movie be something beholden to a lot of corporations.

MAIDA: Okay.

WHEDON: Marvel and New Line. All of whom were very nice and reasonable. I just realized, I didn't want to develop a script that was somebody else's property. I wanted to write something of my own. So, I put the kibosh on it. I thought it was terrific, and they really did like the story. But I just felt that I had to make my own mark.

Here is photographic evidence of a striking physical similarity between the man beneath the Iron Man suit (Tony Stark), and the Twilight scientist.

NEWironunmasked.jpg

We at Drogyn therefore suggest the Twilight scientist may be Twilight himself.

Clem Rocks

Scooby
And we at Merrick are going to go with....Angelus!

It's the only logical solution:
  • Twilight knows how Buffy killed Caleb, Angel was there!

• Angelus is the only character we know off that would stop in the middle of a speech to his minions just to scratch his neck.

• Twilight's speech is often in a different font to other character's, a font that looks Celtic in origin. Let''s not forget that Angelus is Irish.

• And since Angel became human, what happened to Angelus? No doubt the Senior Partners would want him on their side, but knowing Angelus, I'd say he'd probably steal stuff from them(Say enough magicks to allow him to fly and a suit that would protect him from sunlight, much like the windows at the old LA branch of Wolfram & Hart?) and go after Buffy, the one person he's never manage to get the better of.

• And who would want magick gone more than someone who was cursed with a soul because of it? Magick ruined his afterlife!

• And let's not forget, they wear the same coat lol

• And N4H, when you went down the visual route, did you check the panel of Twilight scratching his neck in A Beautiful Sunset by Georges Jeanty with the alternate cover of After These Messages....We'll Be Right Back also by Georges Jeanty?

i1wchf.jpg
2vt1g81.jpg

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
[*]And N4H, when you went down the visual route, did you check the panel of Twilight scratching his neck in A Beautiful Sunset by Georges Jeanty with the alternate cover of After These Messages....We'll Be Right Back also by Georges Jeanty?

No. 8.20 hadn't come out yet. The art style there is based on the existing art from the Buffy animated project. Andrew's jaw can line up there from time to time though, as well.

Buffyverse Fan

* The 28th *
Sineya
And we at Merrick are going to go with....Angelus!

It's the only logical solution:
  • Twilight knows how Buffy killed Caleb, Angel was there!

• Angelus is the only character we know off that would stop in the middle of a speech to his minions just to scratch his neck.

• Twilight's speech is often in a different font to other character's, a font that looks Celtic in origin. Let''s not forget that Angelus is Irish.

• And since Angel became human, what happened to Angelus? No doubt the Senior Partners would want him on their side, but knowing Angelus, I'd say he'd probably steal stuff from them(Say enough magicks to allow him to fly and a suit that would protect him from sunlight, much like the windows at the old LA branch of Wolfram & Hart?) and go after Buffy, the one person he's never manage to get the better of.

• And who would want magick gone more than someone who was cursed with a soul because of it? Magick ruined his afterlife!

• And let's not forget, they wear the same coat lol

• And N4H, when you went down the visual route, did you check the panel of Twilight scratching his neck in A Beautiful Sunset by Georges Jeanty with the alternate cover of After These Messages....We'll Be Right Back also by Georges Jeanty?

i1wchf.jpg
2vt1g81.jpg

Yes!!!

I've been saying that Angelus would be my ideal Twilight since his first appearance. I'm hoping that After the Fall, Angel wasn't restored to being a human so much as he was split apart, separating Angel (Liam's Soul + All the memories) from Angelus (Angelus' Demon + All the memories), exactly like it was in slumberland with Faith, only flesh & blood this time.

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
I guess I should make it clear, if you make a guess here, you'll be making it for your house, and each house only has 3 guesses, so I'd suggest you get their endorsement somehow before you post.

BTW, I heard somewhere there's some kind of big reveal, or step change of some sort concerning Twilight coming up in # 25.

Might wanna get your guesses in, because if a spoiler pops up on the internet somewhere giving the big reveal, I'll close both the guessing threads down immediately.

L
Lou
But, what if someone were to tell you to post and also tell you not to read much as the thread was spoilery, but NOT bother to mention there were two when you asked if it was the right one?

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
I'm not a house member as far as I know.

Yeah that's OK. That was a warning to anyone with a house listed under their user names. If they guess here, they use up one of their house's guesses.

There is of course, the open thread for guessing who Twilight is Here.

This one's more for official house guesses, but I leave it open for feedback, so all can enjoy.

You house guys just wanna be careful you don't shoot all your house's bullets before your house knows what you're doing is all.

L
Lou
Ah, the trick is knowing what you're DOING! There should be a disclaimer on this thread about that, I'd have never have posted if I had known that was the prerequisite!

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
Hey guys,

I'll be taking over this competition for N4H, We've only had 2 guesses from Drogyn and Merrick, both of which still have 2 guesses each and the other 2 have 3!

So remember to discuss in the house and have it posted in her by a house rep!

If you want to be making individual guesses check out here!

ukkid09

Potential
Am going for Glory true form,i carnt find a picture of glory true form because we dont have a clue lol ;)..When Twilight said " i know that move" But did buffy swing the gods hammer down and up like she did that move to caleb ,..

Anya2012

Floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
It looks like Drogyn will be the first to offer an entry here then.

----------------------------------

Drogyn Entry # 1

-----------------------------------

Who is Twilight?
Drogyn's First Guess

One thing we know about Twilight is what his chin looks like.

ChinsofTwilight.jpg

We have seen chins of other characters.

Chins.jpg

None of them really match up. Forensic experts at the mighty house of Drogyn have meticulously gone through the data looking for a chin match. They discovered this...

TwilightScientist.jpg

TwilightScientist2.jpg

Observe the chin of the scientist who works at the military stronghold we saw in Buffy 8: The Long Way Home - Part I. We suggest this is a chin match-up if not perfect, at least as close to meeting parameters as any other character in the series.

He is a man of science, not magic. This suggests motive. We know Twilight's objective is to rid the world of magic. Because Twilight has a network of connections within the military the scientist would have had the opportunity to create that network. Because his place of business also investigated magic, and magic personages such as Ethan Rayne and Amy we know he has knowledge of that world just as Twilight appears to have.

We know Twilight can fly. How does he do this. Is it magic? Is it advanced anti-gravity science? Magic could be embedded within the costume Twilight wears, or hidden in some mystical object beneath the suit. We have seen science enabling flight and super human power in a suit before elsewhere in the super-hero realm. Iron Man has such a suit.

A little known fact is Joss Whedon had a fascination with Iron Man in his early days as writer. He produced an outline for an Iron Man script.

Here is photographic evidence of a striking physical similarity between the man beneath the Iron Man suit (Tony Stark), and the Twilight scientist.

NEWironunmasked.jpg

We at Drogyn therefore suggest the Twilight scientist may be Twilight himself.

Don't they usually draw character's chins squarish? I mean original characters.

I'm really thinking it could be a future Scooby. Xander or Buffy or even Dawn.

U
ukkid09
I agree but i think its Glory.

ukkid09

Potential
I still think its Glory ..lol..;) Mind you a furture scoobie seems a brilliant story,And willow kill one of them and that how she turn evil again ...Great !!:)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom