• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Guess the Big Bad for House Points II

Who or What is Twilight? (Multiple choices allowed)

• A Scoob

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • Sam, or Riley, or something initiative related

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Something Mythological, most likely Celtic, or Norse

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Kenny the Thricewise, or something related

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • A Demon

• A Mystic

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • A God

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • A Slayer

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • A Watcher

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Something, or somebody else

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Something we haven't seen or heard of before

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Caleb, or something like him. Something related to the First Evil

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • The Immortal, Pike, Hank Summers, or Ethan Rayne

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Kennedy

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Warren or Amy

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • A Vampire, or Werewolf

• Andrew

• An Android or Cyborg (part man, demon, or wholly mechanical)

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • There's more than one

• A human lacking any personal magic power (it comes from objects) 4 9.09%

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
OK this is going to be fun, I think.

I'm not in charge of how the final points will be tallied up here. That will be the house contests organizers who decide on that. I do however have a little influence with them. I can offer suggestions. There is a general plan in place. The details are still being hammered out.

So here's what I'm thinking. Want some input?

I'll tell you what I'm thinking. Tell me if you think it's fair, you see problems, or you have a better idea. I'll package it all, and put it forward to the contests organizers.

I'm thinking both positive and negative points should be awarded. In this way you must be careful how many choices you make. A person could never go below 0 though, so you wouldn't have to worry about going negative, and penalizing your house.

We need a scale as to how many possible points a single person can make from this. Let's try to keep it at about 1000 for now. It can be adjusted later.

I'm hoping we can get about 5 poll threads here before the big reveal. I'll calculate the points before each issue. In this way nobody can slip one in after the reveal. Let's say a deadline vote of 5 days before each issue. I'll keep an eye out for spoilers, and make the necessary adjustments.

For points I'm thinking something like this.

Closest to - 300 points
Almost - 150 points
Kind of - 50 points.
Wrong - Negative 100 points.

So say the reveal happens and we discover it's Sam of Riley and Sam. Anybody who voted the Sam or Riley option would get 300 points every time they clicked it. Suppose Sam found sort of magic relic, and that's what was giving Sam the power as Twilight. You'd also get 150 points each time you clicked A human lacking any personal magic power (it comes from objects). Suppose Sam had been physically damaged as a result of an initiative mission, and had been recreated with cyborg parts, the power object installed. You'd also get an additional 50 points for "Kind of" every time you voted "Android". You'd get negative 100 points for every other selection you voted for during the course of the whole contest.

How about an opportunity for a major bonus? I'm thinking you could PM the organizer with a guess if you think you have an exact idea of exactly who Twilight is and the story behind it. 500 points for closest guess. 300 points for second, 150 points for third. After the reveal the three closest explanations would be posted in a separate thread.

Would anybody have an objection to who's voted for what so far being posted with each thread? I think it's a good idea. That way everything is on the up and up come the final reveal.

Edit:

Oh, and here's a link to the last thread for reference.

Guess the Big Bad 1

A
Allycat
you have my vote... for this plan of course, not for Big Bad. Although it would kick ass of course... poor Buffy would never win.
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
I still go for the human, taking Joss's view, a Chinese man. In Serenity the world is ruled by the Americans and the Chinese.

Exitmat

Townie
Twilight

Joss is obviously keeping Twilight's identity a secret for a reason. So, when the big reveal happens, who is it going to be?

Here's my theory, and I don't think I've seen it anywhere yet.

Twilight is Buffy's father.

Three reasons for this:

1. Last time Buffy heard anything from her father was when she lost contact with him in Europe.

2. It would be new territory for Buffy to explore. Her relationship with her father has never even be dealt with. A new family dynamic between Buffy and her father sounds like drama goodness to me. (Might help explain why her father wanted nothing to do with Buffy when she became the Slayer too.)

3. It would be an unexpected surprise (well, I guess not anymore now that you're reading this!).

What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea? Or am I just a complete nutter for coming up with this?

LittleMissLikesToFight

Into Every Generation...
I just can't see Hank Summers being in any way involved with the supernatural of the world. He seems like a guy who would shun it's existence (and we know he has, since we know he was partly involved in the decision to put Buffy into a mental hospital back in L.A).

Superstar

33.3bar% Pure Evil
It would be an unexpected surprise
Nah. Unexpected surprise would be Jonathan. JONATHAN! JONATHAN! JONATHAN!
I mean the guy is dead. He wasn't all that impressive in Season 6.
See? Unexpected surprise.

It's Xander.
Really.

My first gift is my last.
Too bad Angel isn't around to not be able to perform CPR again.

white avenger

white avenger
Twilight seems to have at least some sort of military connection and appears to be familiar with Buffy's fighting style. Who is there from Buffy's past who would fit that description? Riley. (or maybe Riley's evil clone)

NightBird

Potential
Twilight seems to have at least some sort of military connection and appears to be familiar with Buffy's fighting style. Who is there from Buffy's past who would fit that description? Riley. (or maybe Riley's evil clone)

Or Ethan Rayne, the only reason Buffy and Giles ever stopped Rayne was because he couldn't fight, now maybe he can.

When was the last time we saw Ethan, oh yeah, he was being carted off by the military.

white avenger
white avenger
Yeah, I'd completely forgotten about ol' Ethan. Good point.
S
Superstar
Well, actually his corpse is in cell 30 and shown in issue 4.

andrewcutter

Buffy/Angel fan for life
i rather he be someone that no one knows. like when he takes off his mask and everyone is like " i have no idea who you are".

I really dont seeing it being buffys dad or anyone else..... the closest theory that works is riley but even thats ify.
in the end i just hope he is someone new

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
I've got it. I know who it is, because it would be a total suprise. It's Clem. ;)

N
NightBird
Or maybe Willie, maybe he wants payback for all the times Buffy beat the hell out of him.
S
Superstar
Hey. I joked someplace it was Oz because of the neck scratch. Reminded me of a dog and a flea.
C
Clem Rocks
Clem wouldn't do such a thing! D=

LittleMissLikesToFight

Into Every Generation...
i am still voting for Xander... though i think its more of me sticking to my guns than having a plausible reason any more lol. Why would it be Riley? I think he'll always love Buffy in some way, and wouldn't be so diabolical to do such a thing... unless he's a brainwashed military pawn... AGAIN.

S
Superstar
Xander gun sticky thing here too
A

Allycat

Actually, Xander isn't such a bad idea:

He has the military knowledge from the episode "Halloween".
He knows all her moves.
It would be the "closest, the most unexpected" betrayal.

D
DrusillaRox
What would be his motive?

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
No, it can't be Xander, because then everything believe in would be crapped on, lol.

Xander's the eternal good guy, the only one of the originals who hasn't done anything pure evil. To make him Twlight would be a real shame I think. It would totally ruin everything he's stood for in the show.

Superstar

33.3bar% Pure Evil
Actually, Xander isn't such a bad idea
Well they intentionally left that door wide open.
Xander stays behind on purpose. Xander is outside with Dawn when big boom happens.

I'm still shooting for the Xander we've been seeing is a bot regardless.

Edit:
Xander's the eternal good guy, the only one of the originals who hasn't done anything pure evil.
Just means it's his turn.

nc519

Townie
I say Xander, for some reason he was came to mind the second I finished reading issue 11 and the idea has stuck. Don't really know why...

A

Allycat

No, it can't be Xander, because then everything believe in would be crapped on, lol.

Xander's the eternal good guy, the only one of the originals who hasn't done anything pure evil. To make him Twlight would be a real shame I think. It would totally ruin everything he's stood for in the show.

Xander: 'Willow. Uh, she told me to tell you...'
Buffy: 'Tell me what?'
Xander: '... Kick his ass.'

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
Xander: 'Willow. Uh, she told me to tell you...'
Buffy: 'Tell me what?'
Xander: '... Kick his ass.'

That's not evil...that's a jealous boy wanting the girl of his dreams all to himself.

I'll be over here in my corner, soaking in my denial. lol

F
Fake Shemp
im with you, that aint evil, angel was angelus at the time and was evil not xander, slight bad judgement but totally good as he was looking out for everyone
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom