• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Question Gunn and Faith...Together?

IndianaSolo221

Potential
I've been lurking around the ship threads recently, and a little idea popped into my head. Do any of you feel that Gunn and Faith would've made a good couple? I feel like it could've worked, given the chance, but I want to know what everyone else has to say. If nothing else, it might make for a good fanfiction prompt.

AstridDante

Potential
Yup definitely like the idea of these two together. I think they would have much better chemistry than her and Wood and I think they would keep each other on their toes

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I could probably ship Faith and Gunn. He'd certainly be better than Wood, plus as a member of AI, he doesn't have any issues with Angel or Spike who are Faith's allies (especially Angel).

M

M

I would have liked a Funn pairing. I like how out of everyone present, when Faith arrives to deal with Angelus, it's Gunn who seems most appreciative of what he sees, not only her looks but also her attitude. I think they come from similar places. Unfortunately, the creators lose an opportunity by focusing too much on Connor's appreciative eye, and the problems that causes, and in the process they wasted the natural chemistry between Faith and Gunn. Then again, I really can't stand the guy who plays Connor or the character, so I may be biased.

Reactions: Bop

Bop

Scooby
Sineya
I thought they seemed to get on really well in Angel season 4, Faith seemed like she could have built a good rapport with Gunn but also with Connor (and Wesley, everyone tbh I wish Faith had time to stay longer) I really liked her goodbyes to Gunn and Connor in Orpheus.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
In Angel s4 Faith is pretty much all business because Angel's soul is on the line, and Gunn is still raw from his break-up with Fred (although Gwen helps him get over that) so they really couldn't do much more than spark and admire each other, which they did. The natural chemistry wasn't wasted, it just couldn't, realistically, be acted upon because of circumstances.
But later on down the road? Hell yes.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
In "Salvage", Faith meets Gunn:

FAITH
Love the name. I hear you're a good fighter.

GUNN
I hold my own.

FAITH
That's a shame. You're with me, Wes, and the kid.

I hold my own/ that's a shame is an obvious sexual reference and I think Faith is attracted to Gunn immediately. There is no reason this couldn't become something a bit more real. Gunn is a streetfighter as is Faith, so they should have some shared ideas and they could be compatible. I like the pairing better than Gunn/Fred because Faith and Gunn have a lot more in common and they are not strictly bound by cultural norms in the way Frunn would be.

Antho

Scooby
I think Gunn S1-S4 fits more Faith than S5 Gunn. Faith would be more attracted to the Gunn with his gang and in the street than the intellectual type of man he becomes in S5

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
In their brief interactions I really liked them, so heck yeah, I really like Fred and Gunn but since that was over with I can totally get on board with Faith and Gunn, they seemed to click and I can see them growing close.

Priceless

Scooby
I think Gunn S1-S4 fits more Faith than S5 Gunn. Faith would be more attracted to the Gunn with his gang and in the street than the intellectual type of man he becomes in S5
I'm not so sure. I think Gunn is the complete package in S5, he's still got his fighters ability and street smarts but he's now chock full of knowledge. You could argue he's similar to Robin, and Faith fell for Robin quiet quickly.

thetopher

Sineya
I think Gunn is the complete package in S5, he's still got his fighters ability and street smarts but he's now chock full of knowledge.

Isn't Gunn also morally comprised to a degree though? He gets into the 'shades of grey' discussions rather quickly whilst working at W&H.

After all Gunn returns to who he is by the end of the season and seems to be more sure of himself.

Faith fell for Robin quiet quickly.

She fell for his act, sure.
But I don't think she felt much for him, or he for her actually. It seesm like a very shallow pairing given what we know about both of them.

Faded90

Scooby
I'm not so sure. I think Gunn is the complete package in S5, he's still got his fighters ability and street smarts but he's now chock full of knowledge. You could argue he's similar to Robin, and Faith fell for Robin quiet quickly.
Gunn is nowhere near as manipulative, petty and devious as Robin though. Gunn doesn’t project his Mother issues onto Faith. Gunn is more on Faith’s level in that he fights because he believes in it and wants to help people, Wood only ever helps when there’s something in it for Wood. When Wood’s annoyed with Buffy he just takes himself out of the fight and stops helping. Only returning when the opportunity arises for him to have a go at Buffy, Gunn would never do that, he’d never be such a fair weather ally

Sorry Priceless, just couldn’t resist the opportunity for some Robin bashing. I feel like Gunn is the actual good, decent solid guy that I think we’re supposed to view Robin as being

TriBel

Scooby
Gunn doesn’t project his Mother issues onto Faith.
Gunn projects sister issues (as does Angel)...or at least, both are haunted by elements of their past that revolve around the death of a sister (Angel's are more complex) and they act out the trauma.

Faith/Gunn would be good but, IMO, temporary because Faith needs a home...and Gunn needs a homemaker. Personally, I think Annie is the closest you'd get to Gunn's ideal. She encompasses positive elements from his past (providing a home for homeless youth) and he gets to protect her. In fact, he (almost) dies trying. Faith (not necessarily through any fault of her own) is a "home wrecker". In NFA Annie is "Still fighting the good fight", which Gunn perceives as more worthy than his own. She asks Gunn for his hand...he says "I do" and they start building a home together. Ahh...sweet.

LOL! Annie get your Gun!

T
thrasherpix
Wow, a ship I could get behind and might even get excited over. (And I love another member's idea that they name a daughter after Buffy who later becomes a Slayer.)
Priceless
Priceless
Gunn/Anne is a great ship
Taake
Taake
I was gonna say something similar earlier, Anne would be a great gal for him too.

Faded90

Scooby
Gunn projects sister issues (as does Angel)...or at least, both are haunted by elements of their past that revolve around the death of a sister (Angel's are more complex) and they act out the trauma.

Faith/Gunn would be good but, IMO, temporary because Faith needs a home...and Gunn needs a homemaker. Personally, I think Annie is the closest you'd get to Gunn's ideal. She encompasses positive elements from his past (providing a home for homeless youth) and he gets to protect her. In fact, he (almost) dies trying. Faith (not necessarily through any fault of her own) is a "home wrecker". In NFA Annie is "Still fighting the good fight", which Gunn perceives as more worthy than his own. She asks Gunn for his hand...he says "I do" and they start building a home together. Ahh...sweet.

LOL! Annie get your Gun!
Lol I do LOVE Anne and Gunn and their similar values. I wouldn’t see Faith/Gunn as endgame (I think my profile picture answers that question 😉) but I could see Gunn showing Faith that not everyone just wants sex and then to ditch her and repair some of her trust in a romantic partner and show her that she could be happy in a settled relationship. I think this is what they set Robin up for in S7 but I think because of the character he is he’d be too toxic for Faith long term - basically whispering in her ear in Touched ‘maybes you should believe the bad guy and should be wary of Buffy’s intentions’ are a big NO NO NO when it comes to Faith. She doesn’t need that negativity and someone encouraging distrust in her life

thetopher

Sineya
Faith/Gunn would be good but, IMO, temporary because Faith needs a home...and Gunn needs a homemaker. Personally, I think Annie is the closest you'd get to Gunn's ideal.

Completely agree, Gunn/Anne is probably one of the best-suited longterm ships. I like Faith/Gunn because it would be healthy for Faith to be romanced a bit by an actual decent guy who could understand her and for Gunn to be appreciated in general, but its not a forever love.

Leo

"Mist... cemetery... Halloween. Should end well."
They don't have chemistry. Faith and Angel do. Gunn and Fred do.

Top Bottom