• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Gunn Appreciation Thread

This Year's Girl

Grateful grapefruit
Sineya
I think Gunn was a great character and he deserves some credit. :)

My criticism of him is not really based on him, per say, but more on the writers for how he was portrayed. I feel like in some ways he was the "token black guy" if you know what I mean. I feel like his characterization and mannerisms were at times quite stereotypical. It's almost like Joss realized how many white people there were in the show and needed to be more PC by adding a black dude.
To some extent I agree with you (3 years later, lol) that he could be portraited a bit stereotypical at times. But at the same time, I think his character really grew and that he proved again and again that he was definately more than just a stereotypical character.

And oh my god, his friendship with Wesley was adorable! I wish Fred hadn't come between them. Honestly, I wanted me some Gunsley action! :D

kittenpoker

Raising penguins in Guam
Sineya
I love Gunn!!!!!!! Oh I really just absolutely adore him!!!!!!

I think he's got such a huge heart and he really goes on a journey, of peeling off layers of pretense.... to get to his true authentic self. He's absolutely a hero and a champion.

I could go on and on about it.

and I have.

:)

PassionBecoming
PassionBecoming
[No message]

BananaBuffy

Peanut Bear
I like Gunn, I do. I always say that I prefer him on his own other than in a relationship (with Fred, specifically) because I appreciate his funny comments and I get a true laugh out of him sometimes.

I don't believe that he stands out a whole lot however. None of his storylines really make me think or anything and that may be why he goes almost unnoticed by the BB crowd, :)

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
I LOVE Gunn!! I'm only into S3 of AtS, but I simply adore when Gunn is on the screen. He had a rough life and basically no upbringing, but he still knew to do the right thing. He protected his friends and family the best he could, and he made a great addition to AI. To me, he seems noble and loyal, and I just love his swagger. ;)

I do think he and Fred are cute together, but I think I prefer him out of a relationship. He had more of an edge before he started dating.

Wesley Pryce

Angel Investigations
Black Thorn
I always thought Gunn was awesome,i loved Gunn and wes's friendship. Gunn was a guy who would never stop fighting,always ready for doing good. His last scene with Anne in the finale was touching and thought provoking,love gunn :)

SlayerPrincess

Potential
Gunn defiantly is underrated. I love him. Gunn is the man, especially in the last episode of Angel, he went out like a G. And I don't care, I liked him and Fred together, I thought they were cute.

Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
[No message]
Top Bottom