• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Guy gets tired of his wife's complaining

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
from avclub

Speaking to Reuters, Vojin Kusic said that he “got tired of [his wife’s] complaints and frequent refurbishing of our family house” and, as a logical solution to this problem, told her “I’ll build you a rotating house so you can spin it as you wish.”

To achieve this small feat, Kusic spent six years working away on the carousel house, which is located outside of Srbac, Bosnia and now “spins around a seven-metre axis” that gives a rotating view “of cornfields and farmland changing to forests and the river at a desired speed.” Citing inspiration from Nikola Tesla and Mihajlo Pupin, Kusic said “that coming from a poor family without the possibility of a good education had forced him to look for ways to make things by himself.”

Accordingly, he plugged away at the project bit by bit, taking a bit of a break only “for a hospital stay due to a heart condition” and downplaying his accomplishment by saying the house “is not an innovation.”

“It only requires will and knowledge,” Kusic said. “And I had enough time and knowledge.”

During his time in hospital, Kusic “asked [the] doctors to try to prolong [my life] for at least a year because I have this project in my head and ... nobody will know how to complete it.” Now that it’s finished, his wife can sit as the house completes an entire circle over 24 hours when it’s set to its lowest speed or, when she’s feeling like enjoying a homemade carnival ride, speed things up so it finishes a full circle in only 22 seconds.

Mrs. Kusic didn’t provide comment on the story, which is understandable, as she is likely too busy playing around with a camera, filming her own versions of Jamiroquai videos to bother talking to press about her cool new house.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I would like to see how he accommodated electricity, supply water and waste water in a rotating house. He could use electricity through slip rings and supply water through a rotating coupling but waste water? Maybe a hydraulic slip ring but that would be difficult. Maybe he has a rotating outhouse to match it.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Looks like he should have stayed in hospital, did the guy really think a constantly moving house was a good idea?

Top Bottom