• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Gwen in season 5

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
Would you have liked to see Gwen return in season 5? Maybe even have become Angel's love interest instead of Nina?

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
I would have liked to have seen her return - I love Gwen, she's one of my favorite Angel characters - but not as a love interest for Angel.

Considering her tryst with Gunn, I'm a little squicked to think that she would then move on (or back, depending on your POV) to Angel. I would have much rather have seen the awkwardness between Gwen and Gunn as they tried to figure out how to work together.

Then, of course, we have AtF, where Gwen plays a major part and is actually in a relationship with
Connor
if my memory serves. So, yeah, awkward, lol.

Taake
Taake
Really? I kind of love that spoiler :)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
I would have loved to see her come back in S5, even as a love interest for Angel BUT I would have preferred if they still paired her with Gunn.

And that other thing Lyri mentioned from ATF...ack! Awful.

Tome

Berktwad
Black Thorn
No thanks. I never liked her much.

Also, aaargh! Angel didn't need a damn love interest... I have become tired of the forced romance in shows. Angel did NOT fit with Nina at all. If it had just been a one night fling, okay, but not a relationship! What the hell? Cordy had died a couple weeks before that... Just wrong. I hope this wasn't Joss' doing (which it probably was), but it seems like they always tried to make it look like Angel didn't give a crap about Cordelia after S4. First, he goes to Sunnydale and visit his old flame and exchange stupid jokes and then they share a totally out of place kiss (while Cordy is in a coma back in LA and Angel is supposedly traumatized by having to erase his son's memory). THEN, he starts dating a werewolf a few weeks (maybe less) after the woman that he loved the most for the past 3-4 years died. And he does it as if nothing had happened... IT MAKES NO FREAKING SENSE!

Okay. Rant over. I'm out. :p

P.S.: Gwen and Gunn made a nice couple.

nightshade
nightshade
i gotta agree, but at least with gwen they had something before which makes it slightly better than nina
chasesummers
chasesummers
[No message]

Robb Stark

King in the North
Sineya
No thanks. I never liked her much.

Also, aaargh! Angel didn't need a damn love interest... I have become tired of the forced romance in shows. Angel did NOT fit with Nina at all. If it had just been a one night fling, okay, but not a relationship! What the hell? Cordy had died a couple weeks before that... Just wrong. I hope this wasn't Joss' doing (which it probably was), but it seems like they always tried to make it look like Angel didn't give a crap about Cordelia after S4. First, he goes to Sunnydale and visit his old flame and exchange stupid jokes and then they share a totally out of place kiss (while Cordy is in a coma back in LA and Angel is supposedly traumatized by having to erase his son's memory). THEN, he starts dating a werewolf a few weeks (maybe less) after the woman that he loved the most for the past 3-4 years died. And he does it as if nothing had happened... IT MAKES NO FREAKING SENSE!

Okay. Rant over. I'm out. :p

P.S.: Gwen and Gunn made a nice couple.
Actually, I thought it made quite a bit of sense that Angel went to see Buffy. Cordy is essentially dead by this point after having her body being invaded and ripped apart by an alien force bent on world domination. Then his kid goes nuts and Angel has to arrange things so Connor has no memory of him. Those are two pretty traumatic events. It makes perfect sense that he'd want to see Buffy after that. I know when things get crappy in my life, really crappy, I like to be around the ones I love. And S5 of AtS makes it abundantly clear that Angel never really stops thinking about Buffy. Plus, let's not forget that W&H gave him that amulet with predictions of doom for Buffy and Sunnydale.

And, there was "You're Welcome" in S5. That's the ultimate Angel/Cordy episode (and a great one at that).

PassionBecoming
PassionBecoming
[No message]

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I would have loved to seen Gwen come back. She was one of the highlights in season 4 and I really enjoyed her character. I don't think she would have made a good love interest with Angel. I did like the idea of jumpstarting his heart though.

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
I would have loved if she was back in S5. For one, she would have been handy in the fights going on. Second, interactions between her and Illyria would have been pretty epic. I wouldn't have wanted her to be involved with Angel, though I did like her and Gunn together.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I would've liked to have seen Gwen too, she saw the potentila of Gunn before W&H got hold of him, I think maybe she could've been a nice romantic interest.

Also it would've been nice for Fred to interact with another girl, Angel S5 was a bit too guy heavy. Harmony and Eve not withstanding.

PassionBecoming
PassionBecoming
[No message]

white avenger

white avenger
Angel and Gwen could have made a good pair, and not just because she's the only literal heart throb that he's had in 200 years, although all kinds of plot possibilities could have come from that element alone. Plus, it's been pointed out before, she would have been an asset in the final battle.

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
I can't imagine Gwen working for W&H though, I see her a bit more like Spike was in that season, helping out when she felt like it but not actually with the company.

bespangeled

Scooby
Black Thorn
I can't imagine Gwen working for W&H though, I see her a bit more like Spike was in that season, helping out when she felt like it but not actually with the company.
I see it that way too - replace Nina with Gwen. Nina is he Angel-is-not-a-eunuch-werewolf. But if he had to prove it to the audience Gwen was hotter. Read a brilliant story idea once where Angel has Gwen stashed on the roof. He gets everyone away and she starts frying demons as fast as they come through. So, she could be useful too.

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
Yeah, I think she'd feel a bit untrustworthy towards them once they started at W&H. Like everyone else. Maybe she could have been written into s5 by stealing something from Wolfram & Hart.

Gunn and Gwen were nice, quite natural. I didn't feel any real spark (lolol) between Angel and Gwen though.

I'd have liked to have seen her back in s5, be it written in for one episode, or more longterm and even joining them in the fight for the finale.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Would you have liked to see Gwen return in season 5? Maybe even have become Angel's love interest instead of Nina?
I know this is an old thread but I just have to say the answer is YES YES YES. They had this really great character with I thought very good chemistry (prob better than the chemistry he had with Cordy) and they should have used that for the story arc in Season 5. She would have made a very compelling love interest. Slightly darker, a bit morally ambiguous. Angel's need to help her be a better person would have fit nicely.

That being said I had no problem with Nina. She was fine, I just thought they already had someone that I thought fit well with Angel and they should have used the character.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
I would have liked Gwen to be a continued love interest for Gunn and ally to AI. But I like the Nina arc. It's cute even though it's limited. I don't think Gwen needed to be a love interest for Angel. If that's why she wasn't brought back then I'm fine with it.

Top Bottom