• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Harmony appearance in S6

spikenbuffy

"The big bad is back, and you will aaaggggg"
Hi. So I read earlier today in a Buffy official magazine (Number 3) that Harmony should have appeared near the end of S6 which never happened, I read it in an interview with Mercedes McNab.

Would you have liked that? What do you think was her purpose in S6?

Black Thorn
Honestly I don't think Harmony would have fit the tone for the last episodes of season 6. I love Harmony's character but she is never really a serious character, she is great for comic relief but she isn't one of those characters that were used for comic relief but we have seen other sides to, (Xander, Anya, Cordelia, Spike, etc). The end of season 6 is more serious after Tara and the attempted rape, Willow going off the rails, there is a time for comedy and he end of season 6 was not that time.

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
Honestly I don't think Harmony would have fit the tone for the last episodes of season 6. I love Harmony's character but she is never really a serious character, she is great for comic relief but she isn't one of those characters that were used for comic relief but we have seen other sides to, (Xander, Anya, Cordelia, Spike, etc). The end of season 6 is more serious after Tara and the attempted rape, Willow going off the rails, there is a time for comedy and he end of season 6 was not that time.
Totally agree with that! I couldn't have said it better!
But I am really interested to know what they planned with her for season 6. Does anyone know that?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
I love Harmony. Any time she appears, it's just glorious. I don't know why she appeals to me so much. 😅

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
I might have liked it. I enjoyed her character, so I guess it all would have depended upon how and why they brought her back.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Warren: "Great, we'll have to take the French maid costume to the dry cleaners before returning it to the costume shop. Next plan sparky, my new friend Amy here is going to transmigrate Andrew's soul into Harmony, thus creating a warrior we can unleash against the Slayer!
Tucker's Brother: "What, why me? I don't want to be inside a girl!"
(Amy, Warren, Jonathan, Harmony and Katrina's ghost start laughing).

Xander: Hahahaha!
Willow: Xander, what's funny?
Xander: I don't know.

Cordelia: Well Fred, I'll remember that for when I turn 27 ... Vision! Oh wait, Harmony's in danger, and, and, he walked right into that one.

Lilah: Really, really? (Laughing) Wait, can we do that? To Angel, you idiot. No? Well, thanks for the story.
Wes: What was that?
Lilah: I didn't say you should stop.

Harth: "Ha ha!"
Lurk #1: "What's wrong mate?"
Harth: "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
To be serious for a moment, Harmony is an example of a character who will never grow up, much like the Trokia or Amy, stuck in a state of arrested development. And since both the Trokia and Amy probably hate her, probably a lot more than they hate Buffy and Willow, it could make for a good caper episode filled with double crosses.

vampmogs

Townie
Hm, interesting. I had never heard of this myself but I imagine she could have served a couple of different purposes if she'd appeared towards the end of Season 6.

The first possible scenario is that Spike may have briefly rebounded with her after Buffy dumped him in "As You Were." He had the random date in "Hells Bells" so maybe they could have had Harmony appear for an episode instead.

The second possible scenario is that Harmony could have been the one to spill the beans of Buffy/Spike to the Scoobies. What if, instead of how things played out in "Entropy", Harmony instead stumbled across Buffy/Spike and then blabbed this to everyone?

I agree that she would have been an odd fit with the end of Season 6. I did always really, really enjoy Harmony though. I think Mercedes McNab is really under-appreciated and underrated in fandom. I think she absolutely blossomed as a vampire and I can't think of a single scene where she didn't just nail the character.

Top Bottom