• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Harmony in Angel season 5

Wesley Pryce

Angel Investigations
Black Thorn
Should Harmony have been so focused upon in Angel season 5? Should she have been a main caster? I like her a lot,but she didn't seem important enough to the story line to be in that highlighted position. It seemed to take away from the usual tone of the Angel show. So,what do you think? :)

Robb Stark

King in the North
Sineya
I always felt her role was pretty clear. She was the comic relief of the season. I think that the show's runners isolated a big part of their fan base in S4 and wanted to sort of re-brand and readjust the series for the fifth season. Importing characters like Spike and Harmony brought a new type of humor that AtS hadn't really had before. It gave Angel two great characters to bounce different aspects of his character off of, which I loved and thought really worked well.

I don't think Harmony needed to be developed any differently than she was. I know not everyone on here is crazy about her, but I thought she was likable, and had good chemistry with Angel and the rest of the cast. She added something different, and I felt the show, at that point in time, needed that new infusion of energy.

A
Aimee
[No message]

fitz1980

Townie
My guess would be that she was there to replace Cordillera from a dramatic standpoint as Angel's perky secretary. I did read a thing saying that Joss killed Corey because he was angry about Charisma Carpenter hiding her pregnancy from him and forcing him to rewrite his plan for season 4.

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
I think Harmony was a great addition, she was a big ball of pink fluff in a darker show but didn't take away from the show. Plus the show needed that comedy person.

I think adding her as a main cast was really nice as well, not for the character, but for the actress, she'd been with the verse since the unaired pilot of Buffy. If I remember correctly Whedon said at the time thats why she was added, and I think thats a great reason.

Blaze
Blaze
[No message]

Wesley Pryce

Angel Investigations
Black Thorn
I just feel like Spike added enough for "comic relief" as well as having other comedic characters like Lorne. I don't think she was really needed,but that's just my opinion.

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
I think it was a nice touch to include her just for the fact that she's the supporting character that was there the longest. Were talking about 9 years of being part of the cast, so I'm glad they gave her a more prominent role. I'm actually not a fan of her, she's okay but not my favorite, but I do think she deserved the spot.

Wesley Pryce

Angel Investigations
Black Thorn
Being a supporting cast member for a long time does deserve recognition,but I just don't think its enough of a reason to add someone to the main cast. If it were then Jonathan should have been added to the main cast of Buffy.

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
Being a supporting cast member for a long time does deserve recognition,but I just don't think its enough of a reason to add someone to the main cast. If it were then Jonathan should have been added to the main cast of Buffy.
I wish he would have been instead of Andrew lol

Wesley Pryce
Wesley Pryce
I like andrew,but I agree Jonathan is better :)

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
I hate Harmony - there isn't actually a character on either show that I hate more than Harmony. But I also hate Mercedes McNab, so that might have something to do with it, lol.

I think, though, that Harmony was just completely useless in AtS. She added nothing to the plot and I think her part could have been taken on by any other character in the show and it would have made just as much - if not more - sense.

There were a few scenes of hers that I liked (the one where she said she missed her heartbeat would be the main one, it was delivered with just the right emotion) but overall, I cringed and winced every time she was on screen. And I don't think her betrayal of Angel made all that much sense, mainly because it was expected. We were all waiting for it to happen and I was a little disappointed that it DID happen.

I just hated her addition to the show.

Wild At Heart

the moon lights his way
I love her. She brought some lightness to the show that it needed IMO. I find her hilarious as a vampire & I liked seeing her try to be good & work/live as a human. I wish we could've seen more of her if the show hadn't of ended.

jom

Potential
HOTTEST chick in the buffyverse. Too bad she didnt get much airtime, and her career is practically over

white avenger

white avenger
I always thought that she was there, at least in the first few episodes, to be a sort of embarrassment/shame for Spike, for the way that he treated her in Sunnydale, and then no one had the heart to write her out.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Harmony is the only character that started in the first episode of Buffy and ended in the last episode of Angel. The AI team that took over Wolfram & Hart appeared to be all geniuses - Gunn became a walking legal compendium, Wesley and Fred were established researchers, Angel became CEO, Spike was his old competitive self, Lorne managed entertainment but Harmony was a secretary for Angel and seemed to be her established self - a follower, not a leader - and she became one of the people who would represent the non-professional, ordinary type of people. She was a lot of fun whenever she showed up either being one of Cordelia's gang in high school, Spike's disposable girlfriend later, the finder of the Ring of Amarra, the classic bitch-slapping, hair-pulling fight with Xander or a Wolfram & Hart employee.

I put Harmony in the same class as Spike - not people I would like, but when these characters show up in the story, you know it is going to be fun.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I always thought that she was there, at least in the first few episodes, to be a sort of embarrassment/shame for Spike, for the way that he treated her in Sunnydale, and then no one had the heart to write her out.
That's actually quite funny, since Spike shows neither of these things. When he becomes corporeal the first thing Spike does is try to hump her.

Not that I exactly can blame the guy- he thought that he was going to hell for quite a long time...

Mr Trick

Scooby
Maybe they could have given her more of a purpose and maybe built on certain things from the past, like the thing with Spike or when Cordy passes she seems a logical character to mourn. But no I wouldn't have given her a centrally role. Harmony works best as supporting comic relief. And like ER pointed out there is a nice completation to her starting in Buffy S1 and concluding her arc in the last season of Angel.

cryptwarmer

I'm in charge of morale!
Black Thorn
I like Harmony, well, not LIKE her exactly but like to see her character. She's fun. She's pretty. She has a fairly predictable dynamic with the other characters, and then they throw a little curve in there from time to time to keep it interesting.

I just watched S5 Halloween party show, and shes out there dancing. Prettiest thing...Can't believe Spike wouldn't dance with her.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Harmony was fantastic in Angel Season 5 & deserved even more focus imo!
Harm's Way was one of the best episodes of the season & she also was not in any way useless. I felt she had a lot more of a plot then Lorne in this season.

Top Bottom