• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Have we seen these before?

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I was googling the release date of issue #3 because @WillowFromBuffy has an image in her banner with dialogue that I hadn't seen before and it sent me to the Buffy wiki page for #3 where there were some images I certainly hadn't seen before. Have I completely missed the release of these or are they new? Here's the images:

Spike and Dru (I think?)

Human Cordelia

Vampire Cordelia

Whilst the Spike and Dru one might just be a variant cover, what's with the vampire Cordelia? I know they did a vampire Willow one but I just thought that was because we had vamp Willow in the show? Did the comics do vampire covers of all the scoobies?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
WFB is a bloke. 😜

S Rou

Potential
I was googling the release date of issue #3 because @WillowFromBuffy has an image in her banner with dialogue that I hadn't seen before and it sent me to the Buffy wiki page for #3 where there were some images I certainly hadn't seen before. Have I completely missed the release of these or are they new? Here's the images:

Spike and Dru (I think?)

Human Cordelia

Vampire Cordelia

Whilst the Spike and Dru one might just be a variant cover, what's with the vampire Cordelia? I know they did a vampire Willow one but I just thought that was because we had vamp Willow in the show? Did the comics do vampire covers of all the scoobies?
I love spike's hair in this new comic series.. its so straight.

Nothing against people with curly hair, but I honestly hated how spike's hair looked in the original show. It was so blatantly curly but they tried so hard to straighten it and failed. They made it look like ramen noodles.

The thought of spike with straight hair that is either slicked up or back sounds really hot! Like the Billy idol 70s look he had!!!! 😍

Taake

I can kill you with my brain
Staff member
Black Thorn

They seem to be doing one for each issue.
Just saw this and...
Oh my...
..... is it wrong to find vampire Giles very, very, attractive?

Is it possible that they’re doing one vamp cover for all to throw us off the scent of the one they’re actually planning to vamp-up? (Assuming now that they are planning that)

W

WillowFromBuffy

..... is it wrong to find vampire Giles very, very, attractive?
I give him a strong 8 on a scale from 0 to Ethan Rayne. It's a pretty stunning cover. I like that it's not an obvious copy of a promotional photo.
Is it possible that they’re doing one vamp cover for all to throw us off the scent of the one they’re actually planning to vamp-up? (Assuming now that they are planning that)
The blurb tells us that "someone from the Scooby gang must make the ultimate sacrifice." As of Issue #3, the Scoobies include just the core four. Everything points to Xander as the one being vamped.

I just can't understand what they're thinking. The reinvention of Xander seems to be the most interesting so far. The other characters (except maybe Cordelia and Buffy) feel quite vague and undefined as of yet.

Maybe this is just going to be an annoying fake-out of some kind.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I love spike's hair in this new comic series.. its so straight.

Nothing against people with curly hair, but I honestly hated how spike's hair looked in the original show. It was so blatantly curly but they tried so hard to straighten it and failed. They made it look like ramen noodles.

The thought of spike with straight hair that is either slicked up or back sounds really hot! Like the Billy idol 70s look he had!!!! 😍
Which season had the "ramen noodles" hair?

The blurb tells us that "someone from the Scooby gang must make the ultimate sacrifice." As of Issue #3, the Scoobies include just the core four. Everything points to Xander as the one being vamped.
Im hoping Willow will be the one making the ultimate sacrifice and the sacrifice will be her girlfriend. Willow is far too... stable? She needs to lose something.

W

WillowFromBuffy

Im hoping Willow will be the one making the ultimate sacrifice and the sacrifice will be her girlfriend. Willow is far too... stable? She needs to lose something.
I guess. That would make Rose Willow's Jesse. However, nobody cares about Jesse, because he dies before the we get a chance to know him as anything other than Xander's annoying friend. Rose is nice and she has a cool look but really she's a total redshirt at this point.

Technically, though, if Rose dies, it would be she who makes the ultimate sacrifice, so I would feel tricked. But it is better to be tricked than to loose Xander so...

S Rou

Potential
I guess. That would make Rose Willow's Jesse. However, nobody cares about Jesse, because he dies before the we get a chance to know him as anything other than Xander's annoying friend. Rose is nice and she has a cool look but really she's a total redshirt at this point.

Technically, though, if Rose dies, it would be she who makes the ultimate sacrifice, so I would feel tricked. But it is better to be tricked than to loose Xander so...
I want xander and Anya to get together 😭😭😭😭

Top Bottom