• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Headcanon Sexualities?

katmobile

Scooby
Let's reframe this on the Kinsey's scale where 0 is totally het is totally gay where do we think people are on it.

I think Oz is a zero and Tara a 6 but most people in the verse are probably 1 or 2s with Willow being a 4.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Oh gods, I suddenly want to see what body switching does to sexuality!

Remember the old man who took control of Angel's body, and later has a vampiric/lusty moment with Lilah? What if instead that old man was thoroughly gay? Would he have still felt attracted (and probably very confused) to Lilah? Or would his sexual orientation pass long with him so the he felt no attraction to Lilah (but to someone else)? (And if it did, then that begs a lot of questions about the psychology and even soul of sexual orientation.)

Though all things considered, perhaps it's best the writers didn't go there as they'd have turned it into a big joke.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Oh gods, I suddenly want to see what body switching does to sexuality!

Remember the old man who took control of Angel's body, and later has a vampiric/lusty moment with Lilah? What if instead that old man was thoroughly gay? Would he have still felt attracted (and probably very confused) to Lilah? Or would his sexual orientation pass long with him so the he felt no attraction to Lilah (but to someone else)? (And if it did, then that begs a lot of questions about the psychology and even soul of sexual orientation.)

Though all things considered, perhaps it's best the writers didn't go there as they'd have turned it into a big joke.
Since body switching is essentially transplanting one personality into the body of another, I imagine the sexuality preferences would follow that personality rather than residing n the physical body. The brain and mind are both the same and different entities so to speak. The brain is the physical box that contains the mind but the mind is what makes you you. Therefore sexuality is contained in the mind rather than the brain.

WillowFromBuffy

To be or not to evil.
What if instead that old man was thoroughly gay?
The old man fears Angel is gay, as he is told that he has to tell Fred that he isn't interested. When he sees the real Fred, the old man is immediately attracted to her, which Angel isn't, and he later sleeps with Lilah, whom Angel has expressed no attraction to.

And I don't think the old man fears that he has become gay like Angel. He just imagines it will be harder to get with women if everyone thinks he is gay, and he finds it awkward to have to reject Wesley, whom he thinks is Fred.

Last edited:

katmobile

Scooby
Chemistry is subjective, since I see it with Xander/Spike more than Xander/Angel. But talking things in common? Xander/Spike have way more in common than Xander/Angel. Way, way, way, way more in common.

Xander/Spike:

1) Both losers being picked on by bullies.
2) Incredibly insecure.
3) Don't take rejection well.
4) Both hate and are jealous of Angel.
5) Both had unrequited love for Buffy.
6) Dawn had a crush on both of them.
7) Both don't mind following a woman's lead.

What do Xander and Angel have in common? I honestly can't think of anything except that they both love Buffy.

From that list I have read and enjoyed Xander/Angel and Xander/Giles. I also adore Xander/Graham and Xander/Larry.

But the best Xander ship out there will always be Xander/Spike. There's a reason why it's incredibly popular.
Xander and Larry is some fanfic I'm waiting to write. I want to do a series on ships that never sailed and ever since someone in a character ratings for Buffy described briefly an alt reality where Xander and Larry are picking out wedding tuxs it's always been a what if scenario for me. Anya in that series would hook up with Giles as that looked like an intriguing relationship in Tabula Rasa.

Personally I think Spike's a 1 on the Kinsey scale and Xander a 2. I think Spike's insecurities lie in his gender ID rather than his sexual orientation - read the essay 'Love's bitch but man enough to admit it' about Spike's kinda ambivalent gender ID.

katmobile

Scooby
I don't ship Spander but it does warm my heart to see them develop a snarky bromance in the comics.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Re: Body Swaps and Sexual Orientation: I assume you are a plaything of the body in this regard.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Re: Body Swaps and Sexual Orientation: I assume you are a plaything of the body in this regard.
I think your bod is at the mercy of whoever is puppeting you. Buffy is lucky that Riley was the only guy Faith had chance to sleep with during the body swap.

AlphaFoxtrot
AlphaFoxtrot
Things that are a matter of volition or personality, sure. But things related to the shape of the brain, or the endocrine system, surely are of the flesh.
Top Bottom