• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

buffynmarvel

Townie
I'm new to this forum. I've read things on here before but I've just signed up because I want to ask some questions and join in conversations with people on here :)
So hello!
How is everyone?
I love Buffy and often re-watch a lot of episodes. Despite the age and bad CGI in a lot of ways, it will always be iconic. I love (most of) Angel as well, but mostly season one. Just watching him make ( and lose :( ) friends, gain a team/family in that first year, it was amazing. And of course that family continued to grow :)
How long have you all been on here? :)

buffynmarvel

Townie
Hi and welcome :)

Do you have a favourite season, character or arc etc?
I love season five of Buffy.
Tara was amazing, watching her grow throughout four, five and six and become more comfortable around the others though still kinda remaining closest with Willow. It's sweet.
Best arc, I guess, would be Spike. His storyline was fascinating and I enjoyed it :)
What about you?

Priceless
Priceless
I love Season 5 too, and I'm one of those people who like all the characters, even the ones I hate 😄

buffynmarvel

Townie
Welcome to the boards! :D

Great name, too, my current obsession is all things MCU :)
Ah thank you! :D
Yes! I love Marvel. I could rewatch their movies and shows dozens of times and not get bored. In fact, I'd probably see/hear something I didn't in the past lol.
And that "Actual size" under your username - from Fear Itself season four, right? The Fear demon that Buffy squashed with her shoe? Honestly, that was the best hahaha

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome to the forum! If you have been lurking, you should know the general tenor of our conversations (more civil and intelligent than most fan forums) and you can jump right in. As for your last question about how long people have been here, hold your cursor pointer just under the top of an avatar and you will get the join date and other pieces of information. Mine says Scooby - from Canada / October 13, 2012, and when they were last on and their number of posts, likes and points.

I agree that Buffy has aged well because things like CGI don't really define a show (I still like Ray Harryhausen movies), it's the personal interactions and plot that make a difference.

LemonBanana

Glorious Purpose
Sineya
Hey welcome to the boards! Your gonna love it here, everyone is so nice and there is always something to do, welcome to the BB family! I too am a hardcore Marvel fan, great to have another one here!

buffynmarvel
buffynmarvel
Thank you!! So glad I finally decided to join! And yes to Marvel, I absolutely love it :) also, I love that image! You're all so creative with those :D

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Welcome to the forums! Love your username! I love Buffy and Iove the Marvel movies as well! Who is your favorite MCU hero? Mine is Captain America, and also I love Wanda!
I agree that Buffy has aged well because things like CGI don't really define a show (I still like Ray Harryhausen movies), it's the personal interactions and plot that make a difference.
I kinda of agree with this. Special effects evolve and you can't expect everything to look amazing. Although there are some instances where the bad CGI does not hold up well, luckily Buffy uses more practical effects which is why it holds up. It's all about how you use the effects. There's a few bad effect demons though, but it also adds to the campy charm of the show, IMO.

buffynmarvel
buffynmarvel
I love Tony's character arc/growth. Nat's amazing. Yes to Captain America. Sam is awesome. Wanda is everything. Honestly, too many to decide lol. Everything you said about the CGI is true as well :)

Kratos

Scooby
Welcome. I also love BtVS. It’s my second favourite tv show behind The Fugitive (the 1960s one). I used to watching old series so the age and bad cgi doesn’t bother me. I love most of AtS as well, but mostly seasons 1, 2 and 5. Buffy, Faith, Angel, Cordelia and Lorne are a few of my fav characters too. Agree about Buffy’s checkpoint speech. I joined this forum 3 years ago.

buffynmarvel
buffynmarvel
Nice to meet you! Yes, those seasons are awesome. Oh, I can't get into older shows personally as much as I've tried lol.
Top Bottom