• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Help Make the Unproduced Firefly Episode "Dead or Alive"

EditorsNote

www.editorsnotecomics.com
As I'm sure most of the people on this board know, there was an unproduced script for Firefly, "Dead or Alive" written by Cheryl Cain. It's just a draft, and not a final script, but I thought it would be fun to try and put together this episode.

This would exist as a podcast to be put up on itunes and YouTube. My plan for the final product would be also incorporate sounds and music from the show to try and make it feel as complete as possible.

No monetization of any kind will be done on this and it's just intended to be a fun fan "what if" kind of project. I did some research into the legality of something like this, and I think as long as this isn't a monetized project, it should be fine.

What I really need help with is voice actors. I have a few people who offered to lend their voices, but I need a lot more help that what I have so far! Nothing has been set in stone yet as far as who is playing what roles.

The full cast list looks like this:
Mal
Zoe
Wash
Jayne
Kaylee
Inara
Simon
River
Book

Cashier/Crowd Voice 1
Commander Tanaka (Alliance)
Lt. Quillin (Alliance, 40's female)
Corporal Grayson (Alliance, 20's)
Declan Everton (late 20's)
Angry Local
Crowd Voice 2
Jonah (talker, bounty hunter)
Mather (grunter, bounty hunter)
Azuria (older male)

The only real requirement is just being able to record your voice. This is just meant to be fun, let me know if you'd be interested!

Athena

Has anyone seen my human vessel?
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'd be happy to lend my dulcet tones to the production, however I want my trailer to be the biggest and I've faxed over a copy of my rider. Have your people speak to my people :p But seriously, I'm used to recording my voice for the podcast, so it'd be just another recording session for me ;)

Do we have to do accents? I can do American, but I do have a tendency to veer into Californian Valley Girl....

EditorsNote

www.editorsnotecomics.com
I don't think it's only Americans that made it to space! Don't worry, I could never do a western accent if I tried. Having people who like the material is way more important!

Top Bottom