• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Her Death

InsaneMystic

Ex-Scooby
I was devastated, even though I had already been spoilered. I very much remember my first view of "Shells", three years ago (yes, German TV is slow, and lame, and *insert usual rant* :p) and being glad that Shempy was online to cheer me up afterwards because I felt so sad and numb watching it. :(

xfivebyfive

Because its Fate.
Black Thorn
Nope. Shes the one death I dont cry over.

I cant remember if I cried the first time or not, but now I just make barfing sounds and then cheer for Illyria :D I'm so mature lol

Taake

That's right, I'm watching you...
Staff member
Black Thorn
Oh yes, when she sings and then bam, just starts coughing blood and collapses I was practically jumping in my couch going "nooooo", that whole episode is heartbreaking.

Aimee
Aimee
Same! I couldn't believe what was happening :(

HisMrs

Scooby
Sineya
I bawled the first time I watched "A Hole in the World". I knew what was going to happen, 'cause it's kinda hard not to get spoiled when you see Illyria all over Whedonverse fandom, but yeah... The way it all happened, my heart just broke for her and for Wesley.

SlayerFest

Wiley Dairy Gnome
Black Thorn
I didn't. I really did not think that she was going to die...so I was kind of in shock. I teared up a bit but I didn't actually cry. I'd seen pictures of Illyria and I thought that Fred was just going to be possessed by some...thing. So even after she died I just kept telling myself that she would be back. I realized how wrong I was when I watched Shells :(

wickedtiger86

Scooby
Sineya
I really cried. Like sobbed. I couldn't handle Wesley's reactions to everything. At all.

It's still hard for me to watch.

Aimee

Scooby
I was truly gutted. I loved Fred and watching her die was awful. Wesley's pain was heartbreaking. He'd already suffered so much. All he ever wanted was her. They finally got together, happiness all round, and she dies! It's hard not to cry

Valjavertjinn

I am, I am, I am.
I cried the first time. And when my friends saw it, even though they hadn't seen much of the show and didn't really care too, they both also cried.

Jodast

Lapsed BBer
Sineya
Of course I did. I cry at the drop of a hat when anything sad happens in the Buffyverse.

Oshawott

Water-type
I cried. And the last time I watched Shells I cried at the very last scene when Fred gets into the car. Basically, I cry over most deaths :c The main factor in the crying wasn't just that Fred was dying, it was also that Wes lost Fred right after they got together . . .

Robb Stark

King in the North
Sineya
I just re-watched that episode last night, and it was a heart-wrenching scene for sure. The way she dies, and the way Wes is just devolving before Ilyria emerges is so powerful.

I actually found the next episode, "Shells", to be a bit sadder. The entire time during "Hole in the world" I was expecting Angel to save Fred. I mean, it's Angel; he always saves the day. Only this time he didn't. Even after Ilyria arrives at the end of the episode, there was still a part of me expecting her to be okay. In the next one though, when they try so many different ways to bring Fred back, and they just can't do it, when you find out that she really is gone...that was heart-breaking.

Wesley Pryce

Angel Investigations
Black Thorn
It is certainly one of the most tragic,sad, heart wrenching and soul splitting things i have ever witnessed. I loved fred,such a sweet soul,a decent person,and Wesley is my favorite Verse character. To see him finally get what he wanted,to know some bliss at last only to have it taken away from him in such a very short time was tragic. I think its one of the most emotional and thoughtful episodes i have ever seen on either Buffy or Angel.

sleecin

Potential
Sineya
How could one not cry?

I LOVE Fred! And also so did Wesly. Watching how it all play out as it did during their last minutes. Its so heart griping. I both love and hate that scene .

Veyron

Scooby
Black Thorn
I cried buckets, but then I'm an emotional person, for my sins.

Fred was my favourite character up to that point and I took a dislike to Illyria at first, but over the following episodes her weaknesses were exposed, she learnt to live as a human and even showed some compassion.

Now, I have to admit that I love both characters equally.

pixd

Townie
Sineya
Cried, bawled, went through half a box of tissues? Yes indeed! Admittedly, I cry any time Amy or Aly cries but I do believe the combination of Amy & Alexis in a scene is paramount to perfect and their characters' storyline was a beautiful ode.

Hmmm... now I want to re-watch Fred/Illyria's storyline

jom

Potential
Didnt feel much for Fred's death on the episode she died. I dont know, there wasnt instant mourning and also Fred was kind of still around in Illyria. The shells episode gave me more of a feeling of her passing especially at the end. Spike was great on those 2 episodes, i liked it when wesley said "time is not on our side", and Spike said "nobody is on our side", he really felt one with the team

Top Bottom