• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Her Death

Yumisushipjs

Total newbie
I felt sad for Fred as she had lost so much of her life trapped in the other dimension living in fear. She had just gained a life only to lose it. I loved the character or Illyria though, if she can access Fred's consciousness and not just her memory surely she lives on in a way? I guess it depends on what defines self.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Sister to the Fates
Black Thorn
I was truly gutted. I loved Fred and watching her die was awful. Wesley's pain was heartbreaking. He'd already suffered so much. All he ever wanted was her. They finally got together, happiness all round, and she dies! It's hard not to cry
Yes, exactly.

AnthonyCordova

modulating between criticism and reconstruction
Sineya
Her death was the hardest to get over for me on either show. Wes was a close second. Having Illyria softened the blow a little though, while with Wes....done.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
The most heartbreaking death of the series. The fact that she is slowly hollowed out from the inside with nothing to do makes it even worse.

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Fred looked terrible on her death bed, she was bruising and turning blue and you could just see her slowing leaving and Illyria growing. It almost looked like she had suffered from cancer. It was horrible to watch, at least everybody else's deaths were quick.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
"Wesley...why can't I stay?"

Possibly one of the most heartbreaking lines of the verse and delivered with perfection by Amy Acker. Yes, I sobbed like a little child and I'm not ashamed of it!

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Whenever I watch A Hole in the World, I am super conscious of being emotionally manipulated, which makes me dislike the episode a bit. But it doesn't stop me from bawling my eyes out, lol!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
My thoughts during the episode were, it's going to be OK, they are going to pull the rabbit out of the hat at the last minute, wait, who is this blue being? Oh well, surely they are going to fix it in the next episode.

By the next episode it was nope, no cure here but who is the blue creature and what is she going to do? By the time it was confirmed Fred was dead, there was another person (if you could call it that) who was more interesting than Fred and she showed the ability to morph into Fred so surely Fred is going to return at some point, right? By the time I was disabused of any of these notions, there was nothing to cry about - Amy Acker was still in the story and as a more interesting character.

Top Bottom