• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

He's back!

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
“Angel” No. 0’s release will coincide with the character’s comic-book debut in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” No. 4.

In the upcoming comics, Angel will stumble upon a new demon uprising and learn that his humanity could be restored by taking the life of a certain Slayer who resides in Sunnydale.

source

WillowFromBuffy

Hear Me Roar!
Angel seems to be in a suburb with a church on one side and a row of houses on the other. It does not invoke LA for me, even though I've never been. I tend to associate Angel with more urban environments.

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
Aw, wee baby Angel! Looking so Young! getting a bit of a Damon Salvatore vibe though.

Is this a bit of a role reversal? Spike being in town, possibly having a connection with Cordy, being semi-decent compared to Angel rolling into town to kill himself a Slayer.

Either way, glad they’re bringing my favorite character on board and it’ll be interesting to see what they do with him. I don’t have much faith in Joss when it comes to Angel but if it is all new and improved maybe we’ll go radically different routes? Including story and ships (no Bangel, no Spuffy... all aboard the Spangel train! 😋)

WillowFromBuffy

Hear Me Roar!
Hill goes on to tease there would be "love stories" (as in plural) ahead for Angel in this series. But don't worry, Buffy's in the mix somewhere.

"Without giving away the way we are going to approach [their relationship], it’s kind of bitter sweet – the tragedy of it, love and its boundaries," Hill said.

source

Bangel is confirmed!

I am not sure if I am happy, though, because it will be weird is Buffy will just be one of many ... and not even the "first."

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
gah Bangel - again?

WillowFromBuffy

Hear Me Roar!
I hope they manage to make the bound between Buffy and Angel seem significant somehow, though I don't see how they'll be able to establish a connection within one issue.

Mylie

Scooby
I hope they manage to make the bound between Buffy and Angel seem significant somehow, though I don't see how they'll be able to establish a connection within one issue.
Yeah, that's my fear.

What I'd love is for them to do like the Avengers crossovers. Each have their own separate series and a crossover Buffyverse one where eventually other characters would join, maybe like Faith? I'd love to see the comics world get expanded but I also want my favorite characters to have meaningful interactions.

WillowFromBuffy

Hear Me Roar!
Yeah, that's my fear.

What I'd love is for them to do like the Avengers crossovers. Each have their own separate series and a crossover Buffyverse one where eventually other characters would join, maybe like Faith? I'd love to see the comics world get expanded but I also want my favorite characters to have meaningful interactions.
It would have been great if the original shows did this. However, in the BOOM comics, there may not be the same shared history.

It feels likely that Faith may show up on Angel rather than BtVS. Who else is going to be in the Angel comic? Gunn and Doyle, I guess. But if she shows up there first, she is not going to be the same Faith who had a meaningful and complicated relationship to Buffy.

Mylie
Mylie
True...

DayDreamer27

Potential
I don't know how to feel about this... « somewhere in the mix » doesn't really sound like a good thing.
Maybe we're gonna get the manwhoring Liam persona and he's got a number of girls, with Buffy as his latest interest. lol

Nice to see Angel and the art is great. But I am still stuck on the writer's earlier interview about disliking Angel and the "team Sweetie Pie Spike" comments. lol So.....boy, I am hoping well for Angel. But I am wary for him.

Last edited:

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
I am still stuck on the writer's earlier interview about disliking Angel
About at first disliking Angel. Not disliking Angel. There is a big difference. There are many posters here on this forum that "at first" disliked Riley then completely change their tune in subsequent years. To me this is no different than that.

WillowFromBuffy

Hear Me Roar!
Nice to see Angel and the art is great. But I am still stuck on the writer's earlier interview about disliking Angel and the "team Sweetie Pie Spike" comments. lol So.....boy, I am hoping well for Angel.
Disliked. Past tense. As a teenager. And Jordie won't be writing Angel.

Angel6
Angel6
So Angel is seriously only gonna be on Buffy for like 2 comics? Yeeesssh

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Angel #0 will officially kick the series off next week on April 17, and will do so exclusively as a physical comic. Digital copies of Angel #0 will begin to be sold two weeks after that, so for now, the only way to read the issue will be to pick up a copy in-store.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
They are doing Spuffy with Angel and Bangel with Spike and I suspect they might, to a degree, be doing Baith with Woods.

Top Bottom