• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Hey yall

Hollypop

Townie
Hey y'all, Anybody want to help this old girl who never has been on a "board"? Before? Just want to read what other ppl think mostly. I'm rewatching the entire series again and it feels like being home again with my little sister at that age where everything was so visceral. I Have opinions: faith is too stressful to enjoy watching, xander shouldn't have been character assassinated in the later seasons because he was such a blast, willow is the shit, spike spike, spike , spike. Buffy makes you feel like trying to be strong and get your shit together now again. So yeah, :D This show is really so insightful and I'm enjoying all the thought provoking scenes. Willow in particular makes you think. Thanks for having me,!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome to the forum! Don't worry about opinions, on this board there is no seniority, your opinions are as valid as mine and I have been here for eight years. As fan forums go, this one is intelligent and reasonably civil, more so now that we have cut out political discussions.

I get the idea that Faith is a loose cannon, she isn't someone I would want in my sphere of influence. The character assassination of Xander started early but certainly continued although he ended up as a respected building contractor. I like the stories around Willow, she is an example of what happens when someone who was always relegated to being socially undesirable gets some power and she finally becomes an LGBT icon. In the end, Spike is everywhere - he takes over the show in Season 7. Buffy is supposedly a feminist icon but that doesn't mean her life runs smoothly.

You should watch Angel, the spinoff series as well. It has a different vibe to it and some people prefer it as a show.

Hollypop
Hollypop
Thanks for the very thoughtful response! Cool how you mirrored all my points with own! Love your image. He is hilarious. He said Rak wasn’t fond of the floppy eared, and talked about bugles and lemonade I believe...Rak reminded me of steven Tyler.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Hello,welcome to Buffy-Boards :) I'm sure you'll settle in nicely here. There are many Spike fans :)

Hollypop
Hollypop
Thanks for commenting and being nice in spite of your faith leanings 😁🤔

Priceless

Scooby
Hi and welcome. I hope you have fun here :)

Hollypop
Hollypop
I like your banner. I’m so into Spuffy. I wish they had a good love scene in the finale. I guess writers were afraid to show a consensual scene after the AR? Or did I miss one?

tarasamber

Townie
Hey y'all, Anybody want to help this old girl who never has been on a "board"? Before? Just want to read what other ppl think mostly. I'm rewatching the entire series again and it feels like being home again with my little sister at that age where everything was so visceral. I Have opinions: faith is too stressful to enjoy watching, xander shouldn't have been character assassinated in the later seasons because he was such a blast, willow is the shit, spike spike, spike , spike. Buffy makes you feel like trying to be strong and get your shit together now again. So yeah, :D This show is really so insightful and I'm enjoying all the thought provoking scenes. Willow in particular makes you think. Thanks for having me,!
Hi! Welcome to boards and enjoy! 😊

Kratos

Scooby
Welcome.

Faith’s an unpredictable character, but that’s what makes her so fascinating to watch.

Xander goes through some of the best character growth in the series in the later seasons imo. I agree about Buffy, though. Whenever I’m stressed out, I think of similar situations in BtVS and other shows I love and that helps me.

Hollypop
Hollypop
Xander had both growth and some plots that really diminished him. Leaving Anya at the alter just didn’t make sense to me, his speech about how much he loved her was very thruthful and he still did after so how was it the right call?

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Welcome :)
To be honest Faith is my favourite character but I do think it's stressful to watch some of her episodes- like Enemies. She's worth it though.

Hollypop
Hollypop
Wow even a fan of hers finds her stressful. If it weren’t for how she season 7 I think I’d have continued to full on hate her. I can’t imagine anyone thinking of her as a favorite from watching Buffy. Maybe she’s more likable in Angel?

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
@Hollypop Well Faith's story isn't sunshine and roses so of course some parts are stressful and being a fan of hers doesn't stop that. Faith was my favourite from just watching Buffy but some of her best stuff is from Angel so I would recommend watching that.

Hollypop
Hollypop
Cool, thanks yes it’s next up to watch. I do get some of faith’s appeal, she’s more like the common heroine of this genre, super thinking of Anita Blake. Just saying, nobody’s story is sunshine and roses in Buffy, lol.

Priceless

Scooby
@Hollypop I like your banner. I’m so into Spuffy. I wish they had a good love scene in the finale. I guess writers were afraid to show a consensual scene after the AR? Or did I miss one?

Totally agree. I'd have loved a romantic love scene, but Joss wanted to leave it open for the fans to make up their own minds whether they slept together in Chosen. Do you read the comics? There are some nice Spuffy scenes in them, though they don't come close to the tv show.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
i don't see their banner. Did they take it down?
Hollypop
Hollypop
I think they did. It was buffy and Spike images I really thought.

Kratos

Scooby
@Hollypop I’m a big Spike fan too. Love most of the Buffy/Spike scenes in the series, even though I’m not a Spuffy shipper.

I really like Willow, though not as much as Buffy or Spike.

Hollypop
Hollypop
Actually agree completely! Tell me, what would you say is the difference between being a big spike fan of the buffy scenes with him, and being a "spuffy shipper" I'm not up on the lingo but I thought from context they were synonymous?

Hollypop

Townie
@Hollypop Being a big Spike fan of the Buffy scenes with him means just enjoying their chemistry and interactions. Being a Spuffy shipper means seeing Buffy and Spike as a couple.
Yeah their chemistry is electric but that actor has chemistry with everyone, I swear. Masters is just on fire in that role. His love scene with Anya was amazing too, and with Dru you can just imagine him... anyway, I see the word shipper often; and, I wonder if it means being very invested in them staying together as a couple. Of course I could not "ship Spuffy" after the AR or his death in the finale. (Though I've learned from this site that his soul survived and is somehow reborn in the comics! Totally reading those today) I might end up being a "shipper" after all. I mainly asked bc I don't want to sound like a dufus if I use the term here lol.

Last edited:
Priceless
Priceless
Have you watched Angel?
Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
Shipper comes from the word "relationship". A shipper is a supporter of a relationship.

Hollypop

Townie
@Hollypop I like your banner. I’m so into Spuffy. I wish they had a good love scene in the finale. I guess writers were afraid to show a consensual scene after the AR? Or did I miss one?

Totally agree. I'd have loved a romantic love scene, but Joss wanted to leave it open for the fans to make up their own minds whether they slept together in Chosen. Do you read the comics? There are some nice Spuffy scenes in them, though they don't come close to the tv show.
Thanks, me too! I'm going to read what I can find today actually, just finished chosen last night, binged the whole series all week, now it's in my dreams and everything, lol. Spike spike spike.

Last edited:

Hollypop

Townie
Yeah their chemistry is electric but that actor has chemistry with everyone, I swear. Masters is just on fire in that role. His love scene with Anya was amazing too, and with Dru you can just imagine him... anyway, I see the word shipper often; and, I wonder if it means being very invested in them staying together as a couple. Of course I could not "ship Spuffy" after the AR or his death in the finale. (Though I've learned from this site that his soul survived and is somehow reborn in the comics! Totally reading those today) I might end up being a "shipper" after all. I mainly asked bc I don't want to sound like a dufus if I use the term here lol.

Hollypop

Townie
@Priceless Have you watched Angel?

Not yet! I'm going to look at buffy season 8-12 of the comics today and then play Angel on amazon prime next. But I don't care about spoilers like some do so. So no worries if anybody wants to tell me about something that happens in angel. Especially involving Spike. 🤷🤣💞💕

Hollypop

Townie
@Hollypop Well Faith's story isn't sunshine and roses so of course some parts are stressful and being a fan of hers doesn't stop that. Faith was my favourite from just watching Buffy but some of her best stuff is from Angel so I would recommend watching that.
I really appreciate your response. I say nobody in the show is all flowers. Faith isn't the only one who suffers. I agree faith has a ton to work through. Maybe you can tell me why attach to the one who is always upset and can't be pleased. ?

Athene
Athene
Because I understand why Faith is upset and I wouldn't say she can't be pleased.

Hollypop

Townie
Welcome to the forum! Don't worry about opinions, on this board there is no seniority, your opinions are as valid as mine and I have been here for eight years. As fan forums go, this one is intelligent and reasonably civil, more so now that we have cut out political discussions.

I get the idea that Faith is a loose cannon, she isn't someone I would want in my sphere of influence. The character assassination of Xander started early but certainly continued although he ended up as a respected building contractor. I like the stories around Willow, she is an example of what happens when someone who was always relegated to being socially undesirable gets some power and she finally becomes an LGBT icon. In the end, Spike is everywhere - he takes over the show in Season 7. Buffy is supposedly a feminist icon but that doesn't mean her life runs smoothly.

You should watch Angel, the spinoff series as well. It has a different vibe to it and some people prefer it as a show.
So appreciative of your excellent explanation. I mostly understand as a newby and you're my unwitting Giles. Ty.

Hollypop

Townie
Hmm well I know I did something wrong and dumb but I just can't put my finger on it.

Top Bottom