• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How are all of you coping with the world right now?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Doomstar Requiem
Black Thorn
Its no secret that the world isn't exactly sunshine and puppies right now. We'll get through it, of course; but in the meantime, how are you dealing with the utter dreariness? What are your coping mechanisms? More importantly, how are you FEELING right now?

As for me, dealing with a crappy job, my neighbours, and my mum's illness has left me feeling somewhat hopeless.

Your turn. What's going on with you right now?

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
Let me quote an old favourite from Laurie Anderson:
You're walking. And you don't always realize it
But you're always falling
With each step, you fall forward slightly
And then catch yourself from falling
Over and over, you're falling
And then catching yourself from falling
And this is how you can be walking and falling
At the same time
That is pretty much it. I stumble, then I get back up. I fall a little, then I get back up. To be honest, it is stress in my private life that weighs me down the most. Even so, the covid-19 situation doesn't make my life easier. I am lucky, though, to have a secure job and a partner with a secure job. We have a lot to worry about at the moment, but money is not on that list. I also realise that as much as I dislike our current government, I am lucky to live in a country where even a government I dislike is less violent and less corrupt than many.

Edited to add that I realised that my frustration that the Eagle Products 3,2 L campfire pot I want seems to be out of stock all over the country is a bit of a coping mechanism. As long as I am scouring the 'net for that one, there is a lot of other things I do not think about.

Last edited:

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Doomstar Requiem
Black Thorn
Laughing to keep from crying, basically. This has been the most brutal and challenging year of my life.

What's getting me through it? Friends, nature, whiskey, yoga and Buffy.
2020 is definitely the year of the Apocalypse. We just have to take it one day at a time, and hope for the best.

There's talk of a NATIONAL lockdown here, and all I could do is sigh.

Jodast

Lapsed BBer
Sineya
I'm doing okay. I was a lot better during the first lockdown. I think the difference this time is that Christmas is coming and I won't be seeing my friends this year. Plus I'm worried about my job still being there in the new year. I'm luckier than some, I know, but I'm worried nonetheless.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Sometimes I feel bad that my life really hasn't changed much - not from the pandemic, not from the political unrest in the US, not from anything. I feel for all the people who have fully experienced the worst parts of the past year, but I'm also grateful that it has barely touched my own life.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Don't feel bad! You are a VERY fortunate girl.

Faded90

Potential
2020 is definitely the year of the Apocalypse. We just have to take it one day at a time, and hope for the best.

There's talk of a NATIONAL lockdown here, and all I could do is sigh.
What country are you in Bunny Slayer? In the UK we’ve just entered another lockdown so back to working from home just as it felt like we were getting some sense of normality back

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Doomstar Requiem
Black Thorn
I'm doing okay. I was a lot better during the first lockdown. I think the difference this time is that Christmas is coming and I won't be seeing my friends this year. Plus I'm worried about my job still being there in the new year. I'm luckier than some, I know, but I'm worried nonetheless.
Glad that you're doing okay. 😊

As for the upcoming holidays, I plan on seeing friends and family. Damn the consequences. I shan't hide away in my flat, eating a microwave Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner! NO.

Your job will be there. God is in the mix, never fear.

What country are you in Bunny Slayer? In the UK we’ve just entered another lockdown so back to working from home just as it felt like we were getting some sense of normality back
I'm in the US. Currently, its a complete MESS here. I'm seriously considering a move to New Zealand...or Canada.

DarkLordsHaunt

Max the Vampire Slayer
Sineya
Doing okay. Could always be better but could always be worse.
Although my day to day life was never filled with much activity in the first place, it seems that the one year I needed to start doing things.. the pandemic hits. It's put a halt on things I really need to be doing - like lots of therapy! But there's always next year... hopefully. 😳

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
It's a lot darker and gloomier now that it was a few weeks ago at this time. More uncertainty than ever had before.

Nix

🤪
Sineya
I'm focusing on Christmas. It's only the 3 of us this year but I will still make it magical. Guests or no guests we will have a good one (I hope)... trying to ignore that I'm petrified of my family getting covid. Already had my brothers kids with it, thankfully they pulled through but with all of our health being so crap, it's scary so trying to ignore my fears by focusing on something I love.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
🎄🎁🎀🦄 I'm actually thinking of getting a tree this year. Haven't bothered for the longest! You're going to LOVE your gift, by the way. 😈

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Anyanka Bunny Slayer 🎄🎁🎀🦄 I'm actually thinking of getting a tree this year. Haven't bothered for the longest! You're going to LOVE your gift, by the way. 😈

OOoo yes get a tree :D
Uh Oh.... well I might have to say the same about yours MWHHAhahahahaha 🤪

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Weirdly, the Pandemic has been the least of my problems this year. As my Missus can work from home it has meant that she has been home every day & we have got into the habit of going for a walk in the local forest every lunchtime. The area I live in hasn't been that badly hit in comparison to other parts of the Country, so we've been quite lucky.

Other stuff, completely unconnected with Covid 19, has had an effect though so I will be glad to see the back of this year too....

But as others have said....could be worse!

Kratos

Scooby
I’m good. My sense of humour probably helps. I wasn’t inclined to go a lot during normal times so lockdown didn’t really curtail my freedoms. In Ireland, it looks like things may have turned around by December, as the level 5 restrictions have cut the number of Covid cases down significantly.

At least the weather is dry and bright most days, though it was awful last Wednesday with all that heavy rain. I agree things could be much worse.

And I’ve started to enjoy baking the last few weeks. Never got into it before because of the way it was taught in school. So I’m still learning new things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
I work in a supermarket, and so many people were suddenly buying flour, yeast, etc. The pandemic has created a lot of new bakers...but some of the customers are running out of ideas. 😂

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I'm sorry for all you people having problems brought on by the Covid-19. Personally I suffered during the two months of lock down about 6 months ago but
Australia has just kissed Covid-19 goodbye. When compared with the rest of the world we got it right.
You should be careful, Anyanka Bunny Slayer if you do go to New Zealand as they are having big problems with vote rigging at present, the New Zealand Bird of The Year vote has had massive problems with false votes being sent in.

white avenger

white avenger
I am thinking about something attributed to President Lincoln, though some deny that he ever really said it

"'America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within.' — Abraham Lincoln"

Reason: Removing political talk.
Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom