• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question How do I merge my own posts once I've posted them?

katmobile

Scooby
As I seem to on the verge of being kicked off for this. How do I merge posts if I happen to kinda post in rapid succession through oversight and then need to merge posts togehter as I' rather not you know annoy the mods and get kicked off.

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
Don't make them to begin with. If you are the last poster just edit, and add your other post to that. Or if you already posted, copy the post, add to the one before and then delete it.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Haha mods cant win! There used to be an automerge but then people complained about that too. From what I know, since the last upgrade, you can edit your posts for an hour after writing them. So maybe instead of double/triple posting you could edit the original to add more thoughts? I am guilty of double posting too, but with the longer edit time I'll try and edit the original now. I am not staff so this could be incorrect but I didn't see any online right now so I hope this is helpful.

katmobile

Scooby
Thanks HoppyHippy - I edit the original post when I remember but sometimes it's remembering or reading something else. Can someone tell me why isn't such a big deal to begin with it's a geunine question. Other boards they just put you a time out between posts so if you've posted something you can't post anything else for a few minutes.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I guess it is seen as spamming. Other boards may use anti spam technology. I think the rules say no spamming. There is a certain amount of self moderation expected on this board as most of us are adults. Mods arnt baby sitters but they are there to keep the nastiness in line and the board tidy. As far as I know they are volunteers so the community tries to make it as easy for them as possible. If they are busy tidying up spam they might miss abuse, and the abuse is a higher priority than edits.

I know they are generally happy to help and edit posts when you post for assistance, but mainly just try and stay with in the rules and you'll have no problems. Being on a forum like this is a bit like an online playground. Play by the rules or get kicked out of the sandbox. I enjoy your contributions so I hope you can manage it :)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
It keeps the board orderly and the discussion in the threads easy to follow. Also, it doesn't take up extra server space for no reason.

I pmd you detailed directions before, so if you have questions about those, just reply to the conversation.

Top Bottom