• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How do you feel about the Buffy Reboot?

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Underrepresented groups, eh? Rebekah, The Amish Vampire Slayer. But is she an Amish girl who slays Vampires, or a girl who slays Amish Vampires?

HyperionWitch

Townie
Since we've heard literally nothing of true substance since the initial announcements last year, no information on cast or crew hirings, no air date, no idea which channel or format it will be broadcast on, no plot details, jack all nothing basically, I'm still taking a wait and see approach. Put out the names of some actresses or actors that may appear, and which character(s) they may play, or some information on when exactly this is going to be broadcast, or what outlet this will be available on, (ie network cable, primetime, CW, Netflix or Hulu) or maybe even an actual air date as to when this will be broadcast.

I'm still taking a guess that unless this is a short series, 10 or 12 episodes or so for the season or something, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't hit the airwaves until sometime in 2020 or possibly even 2021. If this isn't going to be a Netflix or Hulu project, odds are the earliest that we could see something would be up in the summer season when most shows are on hiatus. Given the considerable amount of nothing we've heard so far, I don't think this will be the case, and I'd bet $1,000 that if nothing of substance is released before the beginning of summer, that puts a late summer/fall air date as unlikely.

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
It's apparently going to be a sequel, featuring a different Slayer, and not a reboot.

I don't know how (or if) they will keep the "Buffy" name without Buffy, but I am much more interested in this idea than in a reboot or revival. Especially with Joss at least in the loop, and Mutant Enemy people running the show.

Btvs fan

Scooby
It's apparently going to be a sequel, featuring a different Slayer, and not a reboot.

I don't know how (or if) they will keep the "Buffy" name without Buffy, but I am much more interested in this idea than in a reboot or revival. Especially with Joss at least in the loop, and Mutant Enemy people running the show.
As long as it is a sequel and not just reboot marketed as a sequel, which is pretty much what the Star wars ST is

Angel6
Angel6
I don’t really mind if it’s a modern sequel with some Easter eggs. The problem with Star Wars is it actively disrespects what’s come before.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I think it's unnecessary and is trying to cash in on the nostalgia the fans have for the original series. There will be a lot of PC crap so that it is "woke" for the current generation that get offended at everything.

You only have to see what they've done with the Boom comics as an "updated" version.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Since Joss Whedon is something of a pariah anyway, I think he should troll them.

Well, not really, I'd rather we get a GOOD reboot, but if we can't have that then I'd rather see trolling (with the help of Seth Green!) than pandering.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
How do I feel about the Buffy reboot? It's vapourware. No one has done anything beyond naming a showrunner. No financing has been disclosed. No customer has said they want it. No one has written a script or even optioned a writer. There is nothing that indicates that a dime has been spent on it. They are looking to see if anyone is interested and so far, no network or streaming service has stepped up and said, "We have to have this." Even this forum is a bit leery of what a new start could do to our beloved series.

The idea has been floated to see if there is any interest in it. It seems no one is interested. Unless some miraculous alignment of the stars occurs, if it hasn't happened yet, it's not going to.

Black Thorn
How do I feel about the Buffy reboot? It's vapourware. No one has done anything beyond naming a showrunner. No financing has been disclosed. No customer has said they want it. No one has written a script or even optioned a writer. There is nothing that indicates that a dime has been spent on it. They are looking to see if anyone is interested and so far, no network or streaming service has stepped up and said, "We have to have this." Even this forum is a bit leery of what a new start could do to our beloved series.

The idea has been floated to see if there is any interest in it. It seems no one is interested. Unless some miraculous alignment of the stars occurs, if it hasn't happened yet, it's not going to.
I would be happier if Big finish did the Buffyverse audio plays that they proposed could be a thing in the future to be honest.

I think it's unnecessary and is trying to cash in on the nostalgia the fans have for the original series. There will be a lot of PC crap so that it is "woke" for the current generation that get offended at everything.

You only have to see what they've done with the Boom comics as an "updated" version.
I think it's a really weird to complain about a potential Buffy reboot being "woke" when in the context of when it was being made the original was super "woke."

Last edited by a moderator:

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
If this happens it will be on Disney+. They will be looking for all kinds of cool content in order to compete with Netflix right out of the gate, and a new Buffyverse series seems like a no-brainer. With the new trend for 10-episode seasons it's not like there's much risk involved in a failed series.

telperion66

Potential
How do you all feel about this Buffy reboot?
I just think with something like Buffy, there's so much weight with the original cast members, it'll be difficult to pull off something as good that stays true to what the original show meant to people.

The original cast was so strong (unique in today's TV).

I'm hoping it will be good but there's so much to live up to for the new cast to pull off the impossible here.

Dora

Scooby
I hope this does not happen , I really can't see it possible being as good as the original , what are they going to used as the big bad ? are they going to ignore the original series ? all the potentials that was changed ? , is whedon going to be able to keep it in his pants , so many questions

Top Bottom