• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Question How do you guys think spike would've died at the end of his original run

docsharkboy

Townie
You guys ever wondered how Spike would've died?

Like at the end of his original five episode run he was meant to get dusted and I know it would be really easy to say that Buffy would've dusted him but I don't actually think she would've. I think he would've escaped and then Angel would've dusted him shortly after his transition into Angelius. I just feel that would've fit better with the theme of the show. But what do you guys think, how do you guys think Spike should've died.

I did a video talking about it and if you're interested you should check it out, it's only five minutes. and hey if you like that please, share, comment like and subscribe.

TheMaster666

Potential
At that point, though, why wouldn't she have? If given the choice, anyway. Yeah, it would probably be a bit predictable I suppose. Hey, you know what would have been cool, what if Spike gets out alive and then comes back for an episode or two in following seasons. Ooh, and then he can become a comedic relief-turn anti-hero-turn real hero. Good thing somebody thought of that.

Stake fodder

What about my me?
Good video! And it's a clever idea that Angel would dust Spike, controlled emotion defeating uncontrolled. Still, I tend to think it would have been Buffy, just because it's her show, and also I don't think they wanted it to seem too much like Buffy needs Angel to protect her. Probably she just would have chucked a stake at him rather than hitting him in the head. Which always seemed stupid, even if they wanted Spike to live, because Buffy would know that an organ dropping on him, or even the whole church, was not going to kill a vampire.

BuffyNvrForgets

Little Albatross
I do agree with @Cohen that the church would have been good.

In terms of poetics, I think either Angel (not Angelus) dusting him would be poetic for the relationship he had, (Wouldn't it have been interesting for Angel to kill Darla, Spike and Drusilla? Literally killing his past and the "living" representations of his sins?)

That or, because Spike was so full of himself and obsessed with being percieved as "cool" and the best, it would have been cool if some nobody dusted him. And they made a point of emphasizing the cruelty that, after he'd spent so much time going to such lengths to be the most infamous, evil vampire, it doesn't matter one bit, and he dies a meaningless death with no fame or glory.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
A white picket fence would be the perfect weapon. He even mentions that he is afraid of picket fences to Drusilla later. Just have Buffy trip him as he walks beside one.

Dora

Scooby
I blame Joyce we would not have had those last crappy two season certainly the Horrid Season 6 if only she had used the sharp side of that axe

T
thrasherpix
The ONLY reason I wouldn't want this to happen (killer of Slayers killed by Joyce) is it would out Buffy much sooner.

burrunjor

Scooby
I think that Angel would have staked him in the back when he was fighting Buffy in What's My Line part 2. I say that because I've read that James said that Angel was going to kill him, and Joss said that rather than kill him he stuck him in a Wheel Chair so that does seem like the time he would have killed him.

Also Angel didn't do anything in that episode other than get tortured LOL, so perhaps whilst Buffy would have saved the day, Angel would have had the honour of killing Spike.

Top Bottom