• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Question How is BTVS the geekiest thing to ever grace the Earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sineya
Big Bang Theory is the geek equivalent of blackface. Sure, the characters are moving ahead with relationships but it is still the geek centre of gravity. Much more than Buffy.

Sineya
BtVS may have its geek aficionados but Star Trek, Star Wars, Big Bang Theory and a bunch of other geek shows are far more geek oriented. BtVS has a lot of emotional content that is not normally found in a geek show because geeks prefer action to subtle nuances of character development or romances. Buffy has a fan base that would be familiar to a lover of geek entertainment and a long-lasting effect due to its inversion of the usual trope of the man having to save the damsel in distress. The most significant part of the fandom is the LGBTQ community which may have some of the characteristics of a geek fandom but look at some of the most recent threads about Willow's sexuality and preferred ships that are as likely to be homosexual as heterosexual. Yeah, there may have been something going on between Batman and Robin but their fandom largely ignores it. A lot of our most frequent posters identify themselves as LGBTQ and the inclusion of the first lesbian romance is what brought them to Buffy.

Blaze
Blaze
It's all part of the gay agenda you know ;)

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
I don't think it is; it's a geek stereotype from people who don't watch it. It's about a girl becoming a woman. Nothing geeky about that:p

Athena

Belinda
Staff member
Black Thorn
I have mentioned to you before about making sure your starting threads contain enough information. "The title says it all?" No, it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom