• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

How long does souled Angel spend with Darla?

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Does anyone know from context clues or sources unknown to me how long Angel was back with Darla and the whirlwind after he got his soul and was trying to be bad to fit in with his old family? Darla says he was only killing criminals etc but no time period is given except that when he arrives and when he leaves they are still in the thick of the boxer rebellion.

@NileQT87 do you have any thoughts on this?

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
I don't think we know for sure. The Buffyverse Wiki has a chronology (that I didn't independently verify):

A1.18 Five by Five Romania, 1898
Darla rejects Angelus when she senses his soul.

A2.07 Darla Romania, 1898
Darla, Drusilla and Spike nearly wipe out the entire Kalderash Clan.

A1.18 Five by Five Borşa, Romania, 1898

A2.07 Darla China, 1900
Angelus tracks Darla, Spike and Drusilla to China in the midst of the Boxer Rebellion.

B5.07 Fool for Love China, 1900
Spike kills Xin Rong, the Slayer.

A2.07 Darla China, 1900
Angelus leaves Darla when he can't bring himself to kill innocent humans.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
So it seems it was at least the same year/less than a year. Hmm...

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
Can't have been more than a few months, max. He arrives in the middle of the riots and the next we see of them in China is Angel walking through the riots looking for Darla. He then sees the missionary family, back away and meets up with Darla, Dru and Spike. The next we see of the two of them is when Darla tries to make him eat the missionary couple's baby. She mentions that he's only been feeding off criminals up until then.

So I'm guessing the time between him finding her in China and the missionary scene is either weeks or a few months; they probably moved from riot to riot. I think realistically it would have to be a few weeks, as I don't think Darla would have waited so long to question his weird killing patterns. Between missionary scene and baby-rescue it's probably a day or two. Darla wouldn't have had trouble tracking the family down quickly.

Last edited:

NileQT87

Billowy Coat, King of Pain
June 1900, if I recall, was the Peking/Beijing incident being depicted. He was with the Fanged Four only for a few weeks, more likely. Months, tops, but I doubt it given the historical context of everything happening during one specific event. After the missionary baby, Angel didn't go back. There's no way the baby incident is more than a day later.

Last edited:

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I tend to agree that it wasn’t long. Darla is not an idiot she would have caught on. There is only so much acting Angel can do.

I hate that Angel went back but I understand it all the same. This was the only family he had. He was utterly alone.

Top Bottom