• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

How long has Buffy been a Slayer?

buffy2015

Townie
How long has buffy been a slayer? I mean like how long has she been training? Someone told me she's only been a slayer for about 5 years, but I feel like it's been a hell of a lot longer than that. anyone have a solid answer?

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Depends on where your canon ends. Buffy became a slayer when she was 15, and there were 7 years of tv shows, and now the comics.

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
As nightshade said, she became a slayer at 15. As for the exact timeline, that would be hard to say because Buffy's birthday changes a few times through out the show :p But as a general rule, Buffy is 16yo in s1, and then each season represents a 1yr span.

buffy2015

Townie
but we can include comics right? the show ended in 2003 but its still going in comics, so she would have to slaying longer than 5 years.

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
but we can include comics right? the show ended in 2003 but its still going in comics, so she would have to slaying longer than 5 years.

Well by the end up the series alone, Buffy had been slaying for over 7years already. So with or without the comics, Buffy has been slaying for more than 5 years.

buffy2015

Townie
ok thanks. But including the movie and the comics before the show (im pretty sure there were a few comics before the show started) it's definetely longer than 5 years. Again sorry for the stupid question.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
it was a reboot but with the same character though?
Right, but her age changed.. she went from being called at 18 (or near it) and a senior to being called at 15ish and a freshman (before the show started).

white avenger

white avenger
This thread reminds me of something. With the 7 years of the series, another year for Season 5 of "Angel," the approximately 1 1/2 years after that until Season 8 began, by Season 10, doesn't that make Buffy about 27, well past the age of 25, making her the oldest Slayer in history? You would think that there would have been some mention of the event somewhere, a celebration greater in scale than just a normal birthday. Or is my math completely wrong?

Blaze
Blaze
I think it has more to do with the fact that now there are so many slayers, age isn't much of a factor anymore. And obviously Buffy is already seen as the big boss of slayers

gite63

Gone
Sineya
This thread reminds me of something. With the 7 years of the series, another year for Season 5 of "Angel," the approximately 1 1/2 years after that until Season 8 began, by Season 10, doesn't that make Buffy about 27, well past the age of 25, making her the oldest Slayer in history? You would think that there would have been some mention of the event somewhere, a celebration greater in scale than just a normal birthday. Or is my math completely wrong?

You are right, and frankly I think it's quite odd how much they - meaning Buffy, Willow and Xander - still talk about having to learn how to be an adult, or "look at us, living in an apartment building like grow-ups", as they were teenagers.

white avenger

white avenger
Anaheed is older than Buffy.

Didn't Buffy say in a couple of episodes that no Slayer has ever lived past their 25th birthday? Maybe the First Slayer was Called at a much younger age, meaning that she was just on the job longer than Buffy, or the Watchers' records didn't go back that far.

EVIL UU

Scooby
Didn't Buffy say in a couple of episodes that no Slayer has ever lived past their 25th birthday? Maybe the First Slayer was Called at a much younger age, meaning that she was just on the job longer than Buffy, or the Watchers' records didn't go back that far.

Anaheed is the slayer activated in 2003 - she's Buffy's roommate in season 9. First slayer's name is Sineya.

Anaheed, if memory serves, is 30 years old. But she was called way after Buffy (by Willow's spell), so she wasn't in the fight so long to be killed.

Don't worry - Buffy's still the most experienced slayer ever, just not the oldest one.

white avenger

white avenger
Anaheed is the slayer activated in 2003 - she's Buffy's roommate in season 9. First slayer's name is Sineya.

I knew that, I was just checking to see if you would catch it (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it)

Don't worry - Buffy's still the most experienced slayer ever, just not the role as oldest one.

I don't think that being Called at the age of 30 is the same thing as living past the age of 25 while actually being the Slayer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom