• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

How many times have you rewatched the series?

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
How many times have you watched the series? Do you keep track? What's your re-watch style? Do you always re-watch all the way through, or do you skip episodes you don't care for and pick and choose? What are your favorite episodes to re-watch?

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
I'm not 100% sure how many re-watches I've done. Watched it as it aired, got another copy from questionable sources. Bought the dvds. Watched them by myself and with my partner. Guessing maybe 4 re-watches. I go through in order including Angel.

Stake fodder

Soulless
I'm on my second watch, watching BtVS this time with AtS. I plan another re-watch when I'm done, more slowly so I can read through the BtVS episode discussion threads at the same time. I'm buying the DVDs, so I'll surely re-watch several more times!

thrasherpix

Scooby
I've only done 2 full rewatches of Buffy, counting the entire series. I've rewatched many arcs and eps, but not as a whole (though I meant to to do a full rewatch but got interrupted, like when my grandmother died and I had to go to another state to work it out).

In the not so distant past I intended to do another rewatch, but stopped after s4. What I felt like doing was going straight back to season 1 and starting over. I didn't, but I now realize that I'm a pre-Dawnverse fan (but I have nothing against Dawn as a character and have, at times, taken her side against Buffy and the Scoobies). I'm starting to realize why, but it's still hard for me to put it into words at the moment.

I tried an experiment more recently of starting from season 5 (though I skipped the Dracula episode) to see if I'd like the later seasons more. It didn't help, and I gave up my rewatch after season 6 Gone. I liked it well enough, but I knew I was still going to find it tedious and worse if I tried to continue to the end of season 7.

Though just to be clear, I do like season 5 and 6 (at least the first part, but I can get through all of it). It's only season 7 that I have no affection for (and also why it took me years before I gave Angel a chance as season 7 Buffy turned me off the series and made me not feeling able to like the stories anymore), and even that season still has a few gems.

So far I've only watched Angel all the way through once, though I've revisited some arcs and eps a lot.

I'm currently doing a rewatch of Angel the series in whole right now, just starting season 3. The guy I'm watching it with is enjoying it but had to take a break from it for about a week in late season 2...and now it's my turn. I plan to recontinue next week (and he's waiting for me). But I'm excited to be doing a full rewatch!

Joan the Vampire Slayer
Joan the Vampire Slayer
Cool! I just rewatched Angel a couple months ago.

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
Phew. Too many that I can counts. I used to watch all the way through show but learnt that it was ok to skip MOTW episodes that sucks & don't have much joy/interest for me to rewatch (Teacher's Pet, I Robot You Jane, Go Fish, Where The Wild Things Are, many ATS S1 episodes... )

Priceless

Scooby
Too many to count. I'm currently on a re-watch after just finishing a re-watch as I'm recording all the episodes from E4. I never watch an episode out of order, I have to start at Welcome to the Hellmouth and finish at Chosen and I never skip an episode. I am not in the least bit OCD and quite slapdash about things in real life, except for Buffy.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Five times for Buffy, the original airing then a series at 5 PM that repeated itself three complete cycles then the DVD set.

I watched Angel as it aired then the DVD set.

All of this was a while ago so maybe I am losing some detail about plot and characters.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Yeah, gotta go with the 'too many to count' club. At this point, I'm legitimately bored when I try to re-watch it, so I just do it through reaction videos. I know exactly what's gonna come; dialogue, outfits, everything, it's frankly very predictable in a way that no other show I've seen a hundred times is.

Crossbow

Potential
I had wanted to watch BtVS but it didn’t show up on my streaming service until December, last year. I’ve streamed it a few times now, in order, from the beginning to the end. I haven’t re-watched any episodes on their own. I like watching them in order as even the MOTW‘s have small nuggets that add to the overall character development.

I saw AtS once, in April. I didn’t really care for it. It’s kind of dark but there were a few stand-out episodes. Also the jarring soundtrack noise that’s made when they switch scenes (made me jump, at first). I did re-watch S5 right after “Chosen” to see if Spike’s character “fit” better (I didn’t think so, the first time).

Hunga Munga

Scooby
Buffy , more than I count .

Angel 5-6 times ? But season 5 usually goes in after a Buffy watch .

In general , I like to watch the whole show in order . This is how I consume television in 2021 . Spent too many decades watching odds and sods of shows .

However I have been watching random episodes with members online . That's been interesting ... and fun :p .

I'm not a big skipper ...but I have been known to duck 'Restless' .

Joan the Vampire Slayer

Carpe Spuffy!
Everyone's responses are so interesting!

For me, I'm in the "lost track" camp as well. I have re-watched it through multiple times. And I will often watch an favorite episode or two here and there if I'm bored. I never get bored of the series. It always pulls me right back in. Watching it feels so familiar and soothing. And it can always make me laugh.

I know many of us dislike "Beer Bad", but I rewatched it the other day and was reminded by how genuinely funny and clever the episode is.

Faded90

Scooby
I’ve rewatched Buffy a crazy amount of times plus watched individual episodes a crazy amount of times as well 😂 although I think I’ve watched Empty Places maybes twice - it ALWAYS gets skipped and recently I’ve noticed I’m skipping Touched as well as it suffers from a EP hangover. In spite of my hatred for it though I could probably reel off THAT scene word for word and write a book on my hatred of it 😂 it helps not to watch it in order not to suffer a rage stroke...... why was Robin Wood there anyway?......

Angel I think I’ve only watched once in full and the odd arc and episode a few times. I feel a bit ‘meh’ about it largely

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Have no idea how many times I've rewatched it. Watched it a lot when I was younger and burnt myself out. My biggest problem (besides outgrowing the show) is that I have to rewatch the whole thing without skipping an episode or season. That can get arduous when you generally dislike many of the characters. I cannot just watch the odd episode (unless it's for a bubby-boards rewatch) or season so I end up just not watching it.

Kratos

Scooby
Only once in full. I’ve watched most episodes/seasons 2-3 times, though. Some fav eps I’ve seen 4-5 times (e.g. Faith-centric ones).

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Honestly I have no idea how many rewatches I've done!
Nowadays I pick episodes I like. Although I'm planning an Angel rewatch this year.

TriBel

Scooby
I dunno - 6/7 times for a full rewatch? I've seen 5-7 more and 7 countless times...mostly Lessons and Touched because I was writing articles on them. I've got recorded segments of Touched which I watched over and over (mostly in boring meetings). I don't watch it for enjoyment now.

Top Bottom