• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

How old are Buffy Xander Willow and Faith in this season?

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
Buffy says she’s 30. That’s all I know.

The Ferg

Scooby
30. I'm guessing Andrew is around 26, seeing as he wasn't in high school while the Scoobies were.

It actually makes complete sense:
S7: 21-22yo
AS5: 22-23yo
AtF: 23-24yo
S8: 24-25yo
S9: 25-26yo
S10: 26-27yo
S11: 27-28yo
off-year: 28-29yo
S12: 30yo

Cangel1987

♥ Cangel ♥ Spuffy ♥
To see the Age is really weird. I mean when the series start they was older than me - and now it looks weird, since I have the same age as Buffy, Willow and Xander.

nightshade
nightshade
I know, being the same age as them but completely different life points is so weird

SunnydaleGlitz

Potential
Sineya
How old is Faith? I'm guessing also 30. I should know this... but was she the same age as Buffy or slightly older?

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
How old is Faith? I'm guessing also 30. I should know this... but was she the same age as Buffy or slightly older?
I always thought she was slightly younger. Buffy went through the crutiamentum but Faith hasn’t done so.

It’s weird because Buffy was always older than me growing up and now she’s younger!

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I thought Faith was younger and possibly turned 18 while in the coma so no test for her.

NileQT87

Billowy Coat, King of Pain
If you use continuity from Go Ask Malice, Faith is indeed older than Buffy by a month (December 14, 1980), but she ended up reading Watcher Diana Dormer's diary and she learned about the Cruciamentum, which invalidated the test.

This definitely helps Giles' moral case in that he didn't have to give Faith her Cruciamentum just a month prior to subjecting Buffy to it.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I don't get them only being 30 though. Is it just a different timeline than the show? If you went from the timeline of the original show starting in 96/97 Buffy, Willow and Xander would be in their mid-30's at least.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Is it just a different timeline than the show?

It is. Season 8 took years to come out. The comic book timeline is different from the show timeline. Some seasons were much longer than others. They have been avoiding giving us markers to identify how old anyone really was until season 12 in which we find out Buffy is 30.

NileQT87

Billowy Coat, King of Pain
Which means it's 2011, which actually makes a better case for the markers we do have to be real (some writers couldn't help but put too many pop-culture references in that moved the timeline forward). Season 8 has some huge timeline gaps.

Granted, I only read the A&F title, as I completely stopped the BtVS title with the Twilight arc. NOPE. Every time I peak in, it still just looks like a bad soap opera meets Friends with the occasional SJW virtue signal that often doesn't make a lick of sense within the continuity.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
My internal perception of comic book time, which I have concluded without much concrete evidence, is that s8 and 9 were over a number of years - s8 bring the longest. The entirety of season 10 feels like a year. Season 11 seems like less than a year, it was only 12 issues and not much happened I’d say 4-6 months.

ETA: wait I checked and s9 was same length as 10, not sure why perception is it was longer. I can’t remember much of BtVS s9 to be fair but A&F s9 felt long and epic. Hmmmm.

Top Bottom