• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How old was Gunn was he was introduced in Warzone?

Kristine

Townie
It says on the transcript on Buffy-World: Camera pans up from a pair of black shoes, black pants, a sword, long black coat, to the face of a black teenaged boy wearing a black bandana. 18?
How old would he be in Not Fade Away? 22?

thrasherpix

Scooby
He seemed used to handing over ID to cops in one episode, which strongly suggests he was an adult. It would've been interesting to see how often he got pulled over driving that tricked out truck of his (and showing DL). Had he been a minor then I expect that would've complicated things somewhat for AI, especially when Kate was being a pain (and ran his ID through their system, and if she had his name of Charles Gunn then his ID should not have been a fake). If he's a teen then I'd place him in War Zone as 18-19. This would let his sister be 15-17 which also fits for me.

In the season 4 episode where the characters resort to being underage teens (in their minds), Gunn acted less mature than he did in season 1. That is to say, he acted younger and more impulsive than he was in season 1 so that adds to my impression he was 18 minimum in War Zone.

This is just off the top of my head.

Heh, it just occurs to me that Fred really likes to date outside her age...what with robbing the cradle with Gunn (since she'd be years older than him given both her academic accomplishments, which were not portrayed as her getting a significantly early start, AND years in a demon dimension) and then with Wesley (many years her senior). And can't forget her crush on Angel. :D

Last edited:

thrasherpix

Scooby
I saw Dear Boy a few hours ago and Kate does get his real name, and runs his ID. She lists many crimes (from grand theft auto to resisting arrest), and adds something along the lines of that some were from back when he was a minor while others were a couple of weeks ago. I was disappointed that they didn't say which was only a couple of weeks ago. In any case, he was definitely an adult at the start of season 2, and Cordelia talked as if Gunn hadn't been a minor for awhile (as any crimes Gunn did should be dismissed as youthful hijinks and not count against him today).

ETA: in California, you are a minor in the eyes of the law until you're 18. I also checked, and juvenile offenses are not automatically expunged at 18, the lawyers made sure that they'd have to get paid before such youthful hijinks were expunged from the legal record (so Kate would get Gunn's crimes as a minor). Presumably Gunn wasn't convicted of most of those crimes (at least not since an adult) as he'd then have an officer to report (and make payments) to...and he'd probably be a lot older.

Last edited:

Kana

Soulless human
Gunn was about 21/22 in War zone. His date of birth was about 1978 because in Double Or Nothing he has a flashback to 1995 and it was stated he was 17 then. War Zone aired about 2000 so Gunn would have been in his early twenties.

Top Bottom