• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How to add Tara Post Seeing Red

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
So what does everyone think of this theory that was inspired by something @ChaseRules and I were chatting about?

Tara in Seeing Red does get shot but instead of being dead goes into a coma. Tara could be in a coma for the next 2 episodes only to wake up in Grave and instead of Xander giving Willow his speech, Tara gives the speech to Dark Willow.

In S7 Tara and Willow rebuild their relationship to what it was with Tara finding it hard to trust Willow and bam Kennedy shows up.
We get a Kennedy/Willow/Tara love triangle for Season 7 that could end in Chosen where Willow chooses Tara over Kennedy.

What do y'all think?

buffy1990

"Every now and then, people surprise you."
Interesting theory!

Though, I think if Tara was around in S7, Kennedy wouldn't have even crossed Willow's radar. At the very least, she wouldn't have gotten as close to her with sleeping in the same room and going on dates because she would have been with Tara.

I also have to wonder if Willow would have gone as off the deep end if Tara had just been in a coma, because Willow would have been focused on getting her to the hospital after she got shot. Will didn't totally lose it until she was told Tara was gone for good, and there was no way to bring her back.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I think Willow would have gone off at almost losing Tara like that esp since Buffy went to the hospital too.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Interesting theory!

Though, I think if Tara was around in S7, Kennedy wouldn't have even crossed Willow's radar. At the very least, she wouldn't have gotten as close to her with sleeping in the same room and going on dates because she would have been with Tara.

I also have to wonder if Willow would have gone as off the deep end if Tara had just been in a coma, because Willow would have been focused on getting her to the hospital after she got shot. Will didn't totally lose it until she was told Tara was gone for good, and there was no way to bring her back.
The doctors could have said Tara may never wake up?
Willow could go outside and get angry. Etc

buffy1990

"Every now and then, people surprise you."
The doctors could have said Tara may never wake up?
Willow could go outside and get angry. Etc
That's true. I still feel like she would try to magic her awake or something first. Or maybe gone off the deep end then immediately used magic to revive her, like we saw with Buffy.

Outside of Willow, though, the crayon speech was really important coming from Xander. It reminded Willow that she does have other people in her life that love her, and I think it highlighted Xander's importance to the team, even though he doesn't have any powers. Either way I know I definitely would have loved Tara to stick around, even though I do think her death was the best method of getting Willow where they wanted her to go, plot-wise.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
And then she goes to see Buffy & sees she about to die to & that makes her snap .

Priceless

Scooby
I don't think Willow would have gone dark if Tara hadn't have died. If she were in a coma I have no doubt that Willow could have found a spell to wake her up. As long as Tara and Buffy were alive, Willow wouldn't have gone on a rampage and wouldn't have killed Warren, she would have left him to the police because Tara would tell her that was the right thing to do.

white avenger

white avenger
I don't think Willow would have gone dark if Tara hadn't have died.
We could have had Tara be only slightly wounded, Buffy killed (again!) and Willow bring her back to life (again!) because they, for whatever reason, absolutely HAD to have the Slayer, and Faith, obviously, wasn't available. This time she actually does come back wrong, with her body walking around killing people, but her soul missing. Maybe they actually could have had Faith show up at the last minute, to replace both Giles' return and the Buffy/Willow smackdown. The last part of the Season would have been Willow and Tara trying to find a spell that would bring Buffy's soul back without the escape clause included in Angel's curse.

(I know, that would come awful close to paralleling Spike's own quest to get his soul, and Faith's breaking out of prison to help Angel, but that, itself, would help explain both the bond that Spike and Buffy shared in Season 7, after what happened in "Seeing Red," and why Faith was there )

TriBel

Scooby
Tara gives the speech to Dark Willow.
How can Tara give the same speech that Xander gives? What does she know of the yellow crayon story? Willow’s incantation “From the pit of forgotten shadows” calls forth the Goddess and it is from a similar pit, the unconscious, that Xander draws the redemptive image of the “Yellow Crayon”. It is the memory of an insignificant moment from her childhood coupled with Xander’s love that saves her. Events leading up to Spike's ensoulment partially twin Spike (William) and Willow. The editing suggests their separate conflicts take place simultaneously (in actuality, they probably don't). Spike also accesses “forgotten shadows”. Buffy and Dawn are fighting in a pit of "forgotten shadows" (figured by the coffins). Moreover, they're fighting demons that come from the earth at the same time Spike is fighting insects. In short, from Seeing Red onwards there's an incredibly complex process that relies on montage, symbolism and metaphor. It links Buffy, Dawn, Spike and Willow together through notions of warrior / the earth / the unconscious and, most importantly, the mother. It's no coincidence that Tara McClay aligns with Terra or Gaia - Mother Earth. I could map it all out but - believe me - you wouldn't thank me.:( The redemption of all the main characters - Buffy included - hangs on what happens here. It's difficult for me to imagine how it could be done otherwise. Yes - Willow needs to go dark BUT she has to go dark in a way that enables her to go light in Chosen.

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
How can Tara give the same speech that Xander gives? What does she know of the yellow crayon story? Willow’s incantation “From the pit of forgotten shadows” calls forth the Goddess and it is from a similar pit, the unconscious, that Xander draws the redemptive image of the “Yellow Crayon”. It is the memory of an insignificant moment from her childhood coupled with Xander’s love that saves her. Events leading up to Spike's ensoulment partially twin Spike (William) and Willow. The editing suggests their separate conflicts take place simultaneously (in actuality, they probably don't). Spike also accesses “forgotten shadows”. Buffy and Dawn are fighting in a pit of "forgotten shadows" (figured by the coffins). Moreover, they're fighting demons that come from the earth at the same time Spike is fighting insects. In short, from Seeing Red onwards there's an incredibly complex process that relies on montage, symbolism and metaphor. It links Buffy, Dawn, Spike and Willow together through notions of warrior / the earth / the unconscious and, most importantly, the mother. It's no coincidence that Tara McClay aligns with Terra or Gaia - Mother Earth. I could map it all out but - believe me - you wouldn't thank me.:( The redemption of all the main characters - Buffy included - hangs on what happens here. It's difficult for me to imagine how it could be done otherwise. Yes - Willow needs to go dark BUT she has to go dark in a way that enables her to go light in Chosen.
I typed that wrong sorry for not making it more clear.
I meant Tara give a speech to Willow. She could've substituted some of Xander's lines for what Tillow shared! :)

Priceless

Scooby
We could have had Tara be only slightly wounded, Buffy killed (again!) and Willow bring her back to life (again!) because they, for whatever reason, absolutely HAD to have the Slayer, and Faith, obviously, wasn't available. This time she actually does come back wrong, with her body walking around killing people, but her soul missing. Maybe they actually could have had Faith show up at the last minute, to replace both Giles' return and the Buffy/Willow smackdown. The last part of the Season would have been Willow and Tara trying to find a spell that would bring Buffy's soul back without the escape clause included in Angel's curse.
I really didn't want to see Buffy die again. I would also hate to see her bought back, again, with or without a soul. We've been through two deaths, the second of which was pretty traumatic for everyone involved, I would hope the writers wouldn't keep repeating the same old story.

(I know, that would come awful close to paralleling Spike's own quest to get his soul, and Faith's breaking out of prison to help Angel, but that, itself, would help explain both the bond that Spike and Buffy shared in Season 7, after what happened in "Seeing Red," and why Faith was there )
For me the reason for the bond between Spike and Buffy is obvious and doesn't need a different story to explain it further. As you say we've already seen Spike's quest for his own soul and Angel has lost and found his soul several times. I think repeating the 'getting of a soul' with the Slayer would be unnecessary and repetative

I can't see Willow even getting involved with Kennedy if Tara was still in the picture. And if Tara was in a coma, what would happen in the Season Six Season Finale? Would she still have tried to destroy the world? And even if Tara saved Willow, I feel like their relationship would be really awkward afterward. I honestly think Willow was no longer addicted to magic after she and Tara reunited, and the only reason she spiraled is that the writers wanted to "finish that story arc" when it really already felt finished to me.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
So what does everyone think of this theory that was inspired by something @ChaseRules and I were chatting about?

Tara in Seeing Red does get shot but instead of being dead goes into a coma. Tara could be in a coma for the next 2 episodes only to wake up in Grave and instead of Xander giving Willow his speech, Tara gives the speech to Dark Willow.
I actually had a similar idea for a season 3 redux, but in mine Xander still gives the yellow crayon speech.

Top Bottom