• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

How was you day - part 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Something happened ... a given.
I read the whole rant and the only thing that surprised me was "I looked at my watch" I did not realize people wore them still. I can't think of anyone I know that wears one. No one under the age of 70 at least.

Is the watch a more common device in SoCal?

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Yipee, I'm only 63 and I wear a watch

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
I read the whole rant and the only thing that surprised me was "I looked at my watch" I did not realize people wore them still. I can't think of anyone I know that wears one. No one under the age of 70 at least.

Is the watch a more common device in SoCal?

Watches are more of a fashion accessory these days. And since my phone is usually at the bottom of my purse, it's easier to look at a watch for the time.

Spanky
Spanky
They were always a fashion accessory. In my youth I was quite the watch hound. But I just kinda stopped. Haven't wore one in a while. I don't have to dig through my purse to get my phone to tell the time.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
We all have our moments. :oops:

Few years back. Was going to see a movie with friends. Was in the evening after an extremely bad (stressful) day at work. Me & friends went to grab some snacks at walmart near the theater. Left thru the nearest door. Guess it was an 'entrance'. Walmart doors tend to open for either direction. So half the people barely pay mind to which one they're entering/exiting. Anyway, some trashy looking middle aged woman made the mistake of calling out 'it's called an entrance'. Now anyone who knows me knows that I'm generally an overly polite person, but this woman caught me on a bad day. Went full stereotypical ginger mode. I fumed a retort: it's called mind yer own frakkin' (didn't say frakkin') business, you fat witch (didn't say witch). She turned round all wide eyed like 'how dare someone talk back to me?' I puffed up to my full HEIGHT and stared her down. Now I'm one lanky as chika, but I guess being just smidge below six feet must be kind of intimidating. Cause that woman turned heel and sped away whilst my friends laughingly pulled me further out the aforementioned 'entrance'.

Not my proudest moment, but I can laugh about it now (when my friends tease me about it). :oops:

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
I am completely in love with you at this moment. 😙

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
Something happened on Tuesday that I wasn't going to post about, but it's still on my mind, so here goes:

I was walking through the complex (it's roughly 66 acres of trees and nature, quite pretty) Tuesday evening. I always smoke, despite the relatively new rule forbidding it. (My attitude is, these people can kiss my ass) Anyway, this older couple was also walking, and as they passed me, the guy said, "THIS IS A NON-SMOKING PROPERTY!" I didn't like his tone, or his presumption that he could say ANYTHING to me. I just said, "Mind your f-ing business." And kept walking. But the dude's face got all red, and he actually yelled, "F you!!!" I stopped, and turned around to face him. I was actually thrown off-guard by the sheer venom in his voice. He was tall, thin, blue eyes, wearing a straw hat and gold-rimmed glasses. About 65 years old. You know how sometimes things seem to move in slow motion? And your vision is suddenly clouded with a reddish haze? That was me. I felt the rage coming, and I let loose on that guy at full volume. He got cussed out so bad, it was insane. I was already in a crappy mood, and this guy just triggered the demon in me. I can't repeat most of what I yelled at him. If I were in Glasgow, my colourful language wouldn't have lifted an eyebrow. 😅 But this is Los Angeles. A city of politically correct crybabies. And I was dealing with a snooty old wanker who thought he could "correct my behaviour." I also remember him saying, "I've been here 41 years and I follow the rules!" But he looked confused. I guess he didn't expect my slightly psychotic response. His wife kept pulling his arm, saying, "Let's go!" and all the while, I was coming up with new insults to hurl at him. I was actually impressed with my creativity. Especially the part where I looked at my watch and said, "Dude, its 5:30. Shouldn't you be humping your mom about now?" YASSS. Well, he made a mistake and needed to be shown the error of his ways.

WHY do some people think they can just approach a stranger, and tell them ANYTHING? Would he have done it if it were a man he saw smoking? I don't think so. Since the car is dead (and I can't afford a new battery at the moment) I'm walking more, and unfortunately encounter more people around here. I'm still going to smoke wherever I want. That's a given.

Just realised that I rather channelled Begbie in this scenario. 😅

giphy.gif

Last edited:
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
figured you'd appreciate that
Bluebird
Bluebird
Lol that scene was filmed in the pub next to my school where the teachers would go drinking at lunchtime

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
Exactly. I would never trust anyone reaching out to me on Facebook to do anything.
My profile is privatized, and I'm not the kind of person to steal anything. I even said that on one of my statuses. I am in a tough situation.

telperion66

Potential
Today, I spent three hours unconscious due to having an operation that will take a further four weeks of bedrest to recover from. I'm concurrently watching "Couplet" where Angel is jealous of the Groosalugg and "The Witch" where Buffy must stop Amy's mother from harming members of the cheerleading team. I love this series of episodes (season 3) of Angel and for completely different reasons I love season 1 of Buffy.

The closest thing I can think of is that the good parts of seasons 3 and 4 of Angel are like an amazing novel that you just can't put down, love the characters so much and just have to discover what happens next in.

Octavia
Octavia
Good description, I like novel like tv ;) and yay for bedrest, all the more time with us!
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
hope you get better soon!

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I thought I had slept in for SOooo long, but its not even 9am. I dont want to sit in the lounge cos the bunnies will want attention if they see me, so I am on my smashed up phone in bed which never ever ends well.

Now I forgot what I was gona write, never got used to phone typing

FaithLehane16

I thought I had slept in for SOooo long, but its not even 9am. I dont want to sit in the lounge cos the bunnies will want attention if they see me, so I am on my smashed up phone in bed which never ever ends well.

Now I forgot what I was gona write, never got used to phone typing
I wake up later than that.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I wake up later than that.

I feel like crap when I wake up late, but sometimes I am not sure if I wanted to sleep in because I felt like crap or feel like crap cos I slept in.. Actually I think it is neither today, I am always drained around a new moon. More so when other cycles line up at the same time too, but then I know the next swing up to the full moon will be even better and way worth the down bit.

The brain waves are on go slow today. I went for my little walk, picked up the post, did a little weeding then attempted to fix the chicken pen (AGAIN when I bend over I cant see straight, the little gaps go unnoticed). I clipped their wings but I think Crowly has figured out how to fly anyway. It doesn't matter if they get out today really, there isn't much they can mess up. The duck is all sad too, I tried to put him in his pen last night and he got away from me and thinks I am the boogie man again. And the rabbits have been making a fuss, they do not like a messy house. They've settled down a bit now that I have ignored their tantrums for attention. I'll clean later. Got study stuff to do this morning. After breakfast... left over pub fish and chips. I don't even like orange juice but I am really craving that one today!

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Why do I do this to myself? At work I saw a problem that could easily be fixed… if I was on stage Monday night when we have our big scholarship award ceremony… so I volunteered to be on stage.

But I don't want to be on stage.
Stupid mouth speaking words out loud.

Spanky
Spanky
All the worlds a stage
Octavia
Octavia
Nobody really wants to be there, stay for the free food.
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Was you afraid of being on stage, the bad news about imagining folks in their underwear is you don't get to keep their clothes. Suggest you try an Opera or a good theatre show.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I have watched a lot of tv today. The buns have been happy to have so much freedom. They lick the bars of the pen only to get out and want to lay in another spot. Now I have a microwave brownie and put on the Umbrella series show. Is it a bit like a sense8 rehash so far. Anya is flopping around on the floor all happy. I took the tent down, I decided It was too big for the space. I used the frame bars to put up bunny jumps. Anya wasn't sure but Xander will jump anything. Shame he cant do as much, he loves it haha.

Willow Tara

Scooby
Sineya
So I am wearing my Jayne Hat (from Firefly, that my mother made for me) everyday.
And on my way to school today I noticed a group of teenagers (most of them a bit older than me) they were looking at me wierd and it looked like they were talking about me. Then one of the older ones came over to me and said "Nice hat." and laughed. I don't think he meant it. And I heard all the others laughing too. And then others came and touched the bobble of my hat and laughed, that was weird. But I tried to ignore them. I just thought to myslef: "I walk down the street in that hat, people know I'm not afraid of anything." :D That gave me confidence. And then I started laughing, because they just didn't know what it is, they just don't know this awesome show :)
And then they stopped picking on me :D

FaithLehane16

I feel like crap when I wake up late, but sometimes I am not sure if I wanted to sleep in because I felt like crap or feel like crap cos I slept in.. Actually I think it is neither today, I am always drained around a new moon. More so when other cycles line up at the same time too, but then I know the next swing up to the full moon will be even better and way worth the down bit.

The brain waves are on go slow today. I went for my little walk, picked up the post, did a little weeding then attempted to fix the chicken pen (AGAIN when I bend over I cant see straight, the little gaps go unnoticed). I clipped their wings but I think Crowly has figured out how to fly anyway. It doesn't matter if they get out today really, there isn't much they can mess up. The duck is all sad too, I tried to put him in his pen last night and he got away from me and thinks I am the boogie man again. And the rabbits have been making a fuss, they do not like a messy house. They've settled down a bit now that I have ignored their tantrums for attention. I'll clean later. Got study stuff to do this morning. After breakfast... left over pub fish and chips. I don't even like orange juice but I am really craving that one today!
I feel like utter crap when I wake up early in the morning haha.

That sounds like a productive day. I woke up. Took a shower. Put lotion on my body. Got dressed along with some jewelry. I put on my makeup. I then blow dried my hair. I put my hair in a down, relaxed pony tail. Went to the mall that doesn't have that much stores in it, it kind of looks like a ghost mall. I speed walked two miles in that mall. I then went to Target to get some face wash for my acne. After that, we went to the grocery store considering I got food stamps yesterday. After that, we needed to go to Walgreens to get cough drops and manly scented dandruff shampoo. We then came home to put the groceries away. I then did 30 sit ups, and had frozen pepperoni pizza. Now I am on my laptop.

I have watched a lot of tv today. The buns have been happy to have so much freedom. They lick the bars of the pen only to get out and want to lay in another spot. Now I have a microwave brownie and put on the Umbrella series show. Is it a bit like a sense8 rehash so far. Anya is flopping around on the floor all happy. I took the tent down, I decided It was too big for the space. I used the frame bars to put up bunny jumps. Anya wasn't sure but Xander will jump anything. Shame he cant do as much, he loves it haha.
What else did you watch besides the Umbrella series?

Why do I do this to myself? At work I saw a problem that could easily be fixed… if I was on stage Monday night when we have our big scholarship award ceremony… so I volunteered to be on stage.

But I don't want to be on stage.
Stupid mouth speaking words out loud.
We tend to say some things without thinking.

I understand your social anxiety, because I hated going up to do presentations in school, and hate talking over the phone.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Sounds like you had a good day @FaithLehane16 :) Yesterday was actually a slow day for me, once I had done my study stint I sat on the couch and watched tv til midnight lol. I feel really quite good today, probably needed the rest! I have been to the shops today and am considering dropping some eggs off to a sick neighbour later but I am still a bit in go slow mode and cant be bothered dealing with chickens. I have had some lecture thingos to do and am about halfway through but really hate this module. Its all about social media and I think it is a crock of crap, promoting vulturistic behaviour and sheeple mentalities. I am not gona do well on this assignment. I had to open a different page just to rant on how much BS it is so I don't accidently include it in graded work and offend the tutor (again).

I don't really like the Umbrella series so far. Seems like a bunch of recycled ideas with flashy costumes. music and make up. Ellen Page shits me to no end and I bet she'll end up being the hero. I haven't finished it yet. I currently have The OA and all of the Star treks on my watch list. I am keeping up with Supernatural and bondi rescue too. I had Full/er House for fluff and Heartland cos a friend recommended it. but I find these sorts of shows make me really depressed - any insight as to why?

Oh I watched the Unicorn Store too. I thought it was a series but it was a made for tv movie. nothing mindblowing, a bit like fairy floss on tv.

Last edited:

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Duno what to do with myself today... It's bloody cold. I got back in bed to keep warm. Everything is so quiet on a sunday.

I dont think of the future much cos I didnt think I would be here for it, but now I feel like there is more to do than wait for death. Just not really sure what... Moving here slowed my pace down so much.

I had such brilliant dreams last night, waking up is a long road back to reality. I dont know if I am tired or bored.

NeddaSai

Potential
Planning a short vacation so I had to go to the Visa office. Was a bit stressed about it but thankfully it went well even though apparently I filled out the wrong form. I was able to fill the correct one on my phone and the lady printed it out for me. The fee is more expensive than they have on the website which was bad since I only got enough cash for the previous fee. I was able to pay through card though so that was a relief. Missed a day of work but things are slow now anyway. Now I just have to wait I guess..

Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
Where are you going?
Octavia
Octavia
Its annoying when they don't list correct things! Trip sounds yay

Nix

🤪
Sineya
ILLYRIAN What's BGT?
Britian's Got Talent - It really didn't have much in my opinion last night lol...

Today is being sociable day and let's ignore the housework.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Every day off work for me seems to start with being woken by high powered drilling. I feel like Kralik, needing his medicine so he doesn't kill. And I don't care if there's a baby downstairs, I'm putting on my music that vibrates the floors and walls, cos why not? I should be able to compete too, goddammit!

Octavia
Octavia
Sounds dreadful, music is a great alternative.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I was almost home with the dog this morning on the plateau behind our house and started walking on the grass when a lady walking her dog said, "Don't go there - there's two of them." I looked to the side and there was a coyote. In a few seconds, another one came out from behind an evergreen. These were not purebred coyotes - they looked to be part wolf. And I didn't have my camera. I was headed west and they crossed from north to south behind me.

Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
That's rather exotic.
Octavia
Octavia
EEK! I think that would be much more scary than a snake.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom