• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was you day - part 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
I read the whole rant and the only thing that surprised me was "I looked at my watch" I did not realize people wore them still. I can't think of anyone I know that wears one. No one under the age of 70 at least.

Is the watch a more common device in SoCal?
Watches are more of a fashion accessory these days. And since my phone is usually at the bottom of my purse, it's easier to look at a watch for the time.
I prefer wearing a watch at work. As a teacher, I need to keep track of the time pretty closely, and I think picking up my phone to check the time in a lesson is tacky. Today I am wearing the least unfashionable of my two watches.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Best day :) I went shopping. It is the MOST wonderful time of the year to go shopping. BUNNIES EVERYWHERE!!!!!! Yaaaaaay!!!!

I had to talk myself out of a bunny onesie but I did buy the bunny pyjamas and the bunny dressing gown with bunny ears hood... Its that time of the year where it gets cold and I am not good at wearing clothes to bed so I am stoked to have some beautiful bunny pyjamas to wear Wooooo!! My bunnies are very quiet munchkins tonight. I almost brought them this cute little wooden house thing for $10 but then I decided they would probably be happy with the grocery box. Maybe that is why they are so quiet, too much of a big fresh dinner lol. Cant say the same for me. I stink! I have to go have a shower.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Headed over to the tiny mall by my apartment to get some groceries. I always check my mailbox when I'm heading out and today I had a note to come to pick up a box at the post office (which is in the tiny mall). Guess what came in the mail? :D

Last year I had 3, now I have 9, my collection is growing :D

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Day only half over, but pretty darned good, so far. Classes went well. Got a run in after. Just got back. Nabbed me some Subway on the way home. Now watching Cle/Det day game. :)

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I am in a serious state of shock. I really did not know how little office workers do in a day. I spent 3 hours at "work" today and 2 of them was waiting around for things to load. I seriously had no idea how slow the office life was. Why didn't anyone tell me that 'work' doesn't automatically translate to 'hard'?? Most people I chat with whinge and whinge and whinge to me about their jobs on messenger all day and how hard it is blah blah blah… Mate, that has NOTHING on working with horses. Why on earth did I work so HARD for my dreams? I could have sat pretty in an office and brought them all by now. Man o man, no wonder I was in a constant state of exhaustion for so long - I worked my back to the bone for crumbs and a roof while those who wore make up and were presentable got to sit in an air conditioned office and bum around all day. No wonder they have so much energy for breeding. Geez, I am really beside myself in shock. I could defo get used to that pace of life. I could most defo get used to that kind of pay. Heck, I'd love to consider that sort of work as difficult! What a breeze life must be for them.

Its just mindboggling to me that those who work the hardest have the hardest lives. I mean a physical job takes it out of you , but because the pay is so low you cant just take the easy road in home life, you gotta cook and clean and find things on the cheap constantly. An office job involves sitting around all day and being able to afford to eat meals out, hire a cleaner and never second guess a price tag. Now I understand why Gyms are so popular.

I finished everything they had for me in half a day and then came home to paint the deck and make a water pump because I felt like I had just woken up from a nap on the walk home. Sooooo different to when I would walk home from a day of coaching! Even the admin in horse work is more work than the office work here. Far out. Now I gotta find me a way to land that sort of employment daily. I'd be rich and rested!

I made a pizza, its cooking in the oven for a late lunch. I duno what to do the rest of the day cos my first priority is cleaning and that is freaking HARD work I can't be arsed with.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
pizza ♥
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom