• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was you day - part 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I felt like shaving my head helped sores @Puppet. My skin got so dry and split when I was on Lyrica (pain med) and i had chunks of bloody hair dropping out. I think my hair was too heavy to let the skin splits heal. Now, my hair is ready to grow back. I rarely get sores on my scalp these days. I also switched to *almost* baby shampoo. Its an oatmeal blend that my skin appreciates.

I did not relise how chemically sensitive I was to the crap I put on my body. I assumed burning was normal and I was a pussy to complain. It wasnt lol. Same with toothpastes and face treatments. I didnt know how much even perfume set me off til I got well away from it in the country. Its not constant sensitivity, mine is related to the hormone cycle. I am glad I made the connections.

I've done 3 ~ two hour stints of crystal healing and meditation today. Feeling joyously calm again. I sorta know getting a meat pie is the devil part in me wanting to sabotage my bliss, but i wont eat at all if I dont get one, and I do need energy to get into the garden later this arvo... I dont have much fresh food left besides mandarins, limes and kale. When the belly stops, the throbbing of the migraine returns, truckstop food certainly keeps things moving ;). I wanted to go drop off some mandarins to them as there is a lady who works there with 9 kids and I am too scared to knock on her door, big maori family, a bit overbearing for me lol.

Oh! I have frozen fish fillets! Yay! Kale lime and fish with mandarin is perfect! No need for a pie now. Yay! Less guilt all round :D

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Octavia
Octavia
Not just my neighbours! I cant believe how bad its got in my 30's, people are brainless. The whispers of "you still have time" BUGGER OFF YA BROLLY!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I felt like shaving my head helped sores @Puppet. My skin got so dry and split when I was on Lyrica (pain med) and i had chunks of bloody hair dropping out. I think my hair was too heavy to let the skin splits heal. Now, my hair is ready to grow back. I rarely get sores on my scalp these days. I also switched to *almost* baby shampoo. Its an oatmeal blend that my skin appreciates.

I did not relise how chemically sensitive I was to the crap I put on my body. I assumed burning was normal and I was a pussy to complain. It wasnt lol. Same with toothpastes and face treatments. I didnt know how much even perfume set me off til I got well away from it in the country. Its not constant sensitivity, mine is related to the hormone cycle. I am glad I made the connections.

I've done 3 ~ two hour stints of crystal healing and meditation today. Feeling joyously calm again. I sorta know getting a meat pie is the devil part in me wanting to sabotage my bliss, but i wont eat at all if I dont get one, and I do need energy to get into the garden later this arvo... I dont have much fresh food left besides mandarins, limes and kale. When the belly stops, the throbbing of the migraine returns, truckstop food certainly keeps things moving ;). I wanted to go drop off some mandarins to them as there is a lady who works there with 9 kids and I am too scared to knock on her door, big maori family, a bit overbearing for me lol.
I used to be the same with bleach, I just expected it would hurt and burn and sting to bleach my hair and thought nothing of it...until earlier this month when, for the first time, bleaching my hair was less painful than when I used the regular dye. We need to take better care of ourselves.

And thanks for the scalp advice, we'll see how things goes now that it gets some air and relief.

Octavia
Octavia
I think the lyrica pushed me over a chemical ledge. I am learning so much about it now but geez its all hard to correct!

Nix

Evil Nix 😈
Sineya
My day has been chilled but everyone around me is stressed with serious health issues going on :( I feel lucky but sad at the same time for them and how it may effect those that love/like them...sigh :(

And I should be blogging. I didn't get much housework done so I have loads to do tomorrow as it must be done by 3pm as got visitors.

But... only 3 weeks till my birthday now. Excited about that as got a few things planned this year.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Yay! We get to give you a birthday spanking!!!! *searches for giant paddle* 😈

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
I'm sitting here drinking decaf coffee with lots of sugar and hazelnut creamer. Really have no reason to go anywhere, just smoking and drinking coffee. I'm very relaxed, not manic at all. Which is nice.

Last night, my parents took me out to dinner...Hometown Buffet! I ate like a pig. At one point, my stepfather told me to slow down. I mean, really, I was eating like I hadn't seen food in months. 😅 At one point, my plate was stacked with meatloaf, roast beef, mac & cheese, pasta, and baked chicken. (But damn, those plates are too small!) Food!!! My on and off eating disorder began to rear its head as I ate, urging me to go into the bathroom and bring up the food... but I didn't. I was enjoying everything too much. Oh my God, it was great. Even though my mum has been acting really strange for the last year. I wonder if it's early onset Alzeimers? Whatever it is, it's very disturbing. In the restaurant, out of the blue, she demanded to know when I was going to get married. Hmmm. It was...odd.

I've been rather broke lately. The money I do have is spent on cigarettes, toiletries, gas, and Pepsi. Food isn't a priority, I usually get a five pound bag of rice, peanut butter, bread, cheese, and spaghetti. Oh! And butter. ❤ Stuff that will last. And I don't eat meat very often; not by choice, it's just too expensive usually. But on the bright side, I'm losing weight. Yay! My thighs and bottom need to be smaller...at least I think so. I'm just, like, used to being super thin. I enjoy it, it's such a high. But SO difficult to maintain. Everything changed after that car accident in 2015, where I ended up with a cast on my left arm and left leg. Pretty hard to jog when one leg is out of commission. 😛 But if I hadn't had the accident, I wouldn't have found Buffy Boards. During my down time, I discovered the show at FX On Demand...and really got hooked. Soon after, I found this site. And the rest is history. 😊

Last edited:
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
yea car accidents = no fun!

Nix

Evil Nix 😈
Sineya
Anyanka Bunny Slayer Yay! We get to give you a birthday spanking!!!! *searches for giant paddle* 😈

:eek:;)

This did make me chuckle tonight!!

---
Abbs Dad tried to come over to see her tonight but the roads are frozen and his bike was going everywhere so he had to turn back and go home :( Abbs is gutted but he will try again tomorrow.
Now it's coffee time.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I woke up in a panic, again. It only just clicked that someone was complaining about my hedges to me the other night. I am trying to grow them so the dust from the construction across the road stops blowing into my house. I trim the front frequently so not to block the path, and did the back the other day, but not the top cos I want the height. I like how much it blocks my garden (and my bedroom) from public view too. People seem to think I should keep the garden how they want it instead of how I want it for longevity . The soil needs structure because it is turning saline. I dont know why I keep trying with people here. They are so offensive but do it with a smile so it takes a while for me to sift through what they say.

Actually I know why I keep trying, I keep seeing stupid rural mental health notices everywhere telling people to talk to neighbours and not isolate.... So i think I am being a bad mental person for not being involved. Isolation works better for me. Talking to idiot farmers who are the cause of the salinity in the first place stresses me out.

I still wana go up to the environment centre and study the salinity a bit more. There is currently 1 MiLLION hectares deemed unsuitable for ANY use. With that number expected to rise to 4.5 MILLION hectares within my lifetime. Thats bigger than some of the countries you guys live in. There is only one other bloke in town who sees it as I do - and they've all been assholes to him too. Hes a total alcho now and cant afford to sell up and leave.

This place is so strange. I love the house but realise the people (from farming families) are the issue. Their polite masks dont stop the venom they spew and it confuses me. I am not nearly as aggressive in person as I have been online lately. I am scared if I speak up, they'll call the cops/pet team for not behaving how they expect a "young lady" to behave. Valid fear, its happened before, just not here.

Mate, I would love a couple of BB members to visit. They would have a FIT if they saw a person with a mohawk, a chick with pink hair and people covered in tatts visit me. (Tatts are frequent here, but mainly prison and bali ones lol). They freaked when I shaved my head. I guess I can seek solice in the fact the most annoying will be dead of old age within 10 years.

Maybe I'll meditate on an imaginary @Nix party where we all dance in the garden wearing outrageous things, singing and smoking and spanking and being general menaces. Might make me feel better. At this stage I just dont even want to get up to let the chooks out, anxiety has me chained to my bed hugging a teddy bear.

Puppet
Puppet
Get rid of ALL THE SPIDERS and I'll visit :D

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
I woke up in a panic, again. It only just clicked that someone was complaining about my hedges to me the other night. I am trying to grow them so the dust from the construction across the road stops blowing into my house. I trim the front frequently so not to block the path, and did the back the other day, but not the top cos I want the height. I like how much it blocks my garden (and my bedroom) from public view too. People seem to think I should keep the garden how they want it instead of how I want it for longevity . The soil needs structure because it is turning saline. I dont know why I keep trying with people here. They are so offensive but do it with a smile so it takes a while for me to sift through what they say.

Actually I know why I keep trying, I keep seeing stupid rural mental health notices everywhere telling people to talk to neighbours and not isolate.... So i think I am being a bad mental person for not being involved. Isolation works better for me. Talking to idiot farmers who are the cause of the salinity in the first place stresses me out.

I still wana go up to the environment centre and study the salinity a bit more. There is currently 1 MiLLION hectares deemed unsuitable for ANY use. With that number expected to rise to 4.5 MILLION hectares within my lifetime. Thats bigger than some of the countries you guys live in. There is only one other bloke in town who sees it as I do - and they've all been assholes to him too. Hes a total alcho now and cant afford to sell up and leave.

This place is so strange. I love the house but realise the people (from farming families) are the issue. Their polite masks dont stop the venom they spew and it confuses me. I am not nearly as aggressive in person as I have been online lately. I am scared if I speak up, they'll call the cops/pet team for not behaving how they expect a "young lady" to behave. Valid fear, its happened before, just not here.

Mate, I would love a couple of BB members to visit. They would have a FIT if they saw a person with a mohawk, a chick with pink hair and people covered in tatts visit me. (Tatts are frequent here, but mainly prison and bali ones lol). They freaked when I shaved my head. I guess I can seek solice in the fact the most annoying will be dead of old age within 10 years.
You know, when I joined this site, I thought it would be a temporary thing. Something to pass the time until my leg healed completely. But something strange and unexpected happened; I've grown quite fond of you and several other people here. I would LOVE to visit you...but realistically, until I get a bunch of money or something, I can't. However, I AM thinking of adding an international calling plan to my phone, just so I can speak with some of you. 😆

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Haha, yeah I appreciate being able to speak to such a wide range of people. Our lives are so different in some ways and the same in others. I am not a traveller, but forums let us travel through other minds. Its a lot of fun on international spaces. It feels more like being on the ground floor than as a tourist in another land.

BB was the first forum I joined, and I always end up back here.

Nix

Evil Nix 😈
Sineya
**runs around in circles**

It's snowing :)

Praying for a full on snow day tomorrow.

Today I've been doing someone else's housework! My friend's fridge freezer broke down so we've been cleaning and preparing for the new one today.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
*fingers crossed*

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I am so sick of watering the garden. I would rather do weeding over watering the garden, at least thats a little bit immediately rewarding. The dry is just incredible. Last summer was mild. My new hose makes the back easier, I can stand on the patio and squirt away! Still, over it.

There was a snake in the yard yesterday. Hiding in an empty flower pot. My snakey sense had been tingling, so I knew it was around. The small ones are SO fast but each time I recall it in my head the snake appears bigger... I prefer the bigger ones, they are less flighty!! I'd sorta like a pet python around to eat the nasty venomous ones but no way to keep it in :(

They say chickens are snake magnents, but so far I've only had snakes around the house and no where near the chickens. Town is just crawling with them right now, chasing the mice who are cleaning up the grain from harvest.

I ran out of food for the buns, I hope town has at least some celery tomorrow cos I dont want to have to drive til next week. The roads melted again so they've put down more gravelly blue metal stuff and it flicks up from other cars and chips the windscreen.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Gardening at sunset is great! It was still too hot for ya scots (@Bluebird) but cool enough for some hard yakka. Not as stunning scenery as some, but thought I'd share sunset for me tonight -

Not quite as spectacular as @Anyanka Bunny Slayer sunsets but I do have country fresh air ;)

I booked chiro for next week, I know my neck is gettin me down. I am gona go to the tip shop as well and see what i can pick up for the garden. I did so much better watering the garden today, the new hose routine works well. I never realise how bad something is until its not!

Umm time to chase some bunnies. I left the hall and my bedroom open to try and get the air con to flow through there and now I have one rabbit biting a pillow and another playing "tunnel" with my bedhead.

Bluebird
Bluebird
Looks lovely! But it shouldn't be hot at sunset ;)

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
There was a snake in the yard yesterday. Hiding in an empty flower pot. My snakey sense had been tingling, so I knew it was around. The small ones are SO fast but each time I recall it in my head the snake appears bigger... I prefer the bigger ones, they are less flighty!! I'd sorta like a pet python around to eat the nasty venomous ones but no way to keep it in :(
I don't think I've ever even seen a snake in my life. Maybe as a child at a zoo!

Taake
Taake
Well I know where I'm moving!

nightshade

I don't understand your definition of good news
Staff member
Black Thorn
Decided that even though I do have the day off anyway, I would treat it as a snow day and stay inside today, so I've just had a stir fry for lunch, and will again for dinner, as I made way too much, and am now sorting through papers, hoping to clear my desk area today. Need to do a load of shredding, way too much paper that I don't need to keep.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I don't think I've ever even seen a snake in my life. Maybe as a child at a zoo!

No sign of it today. I think I scared it. It was probably having a great snooze when my big boots came bounding along and disturbed it. It really was the best snake recharge spot, in a black ceramic pot. I am glad it nicked off rather than going for me! It was all zooped up on sunlight and superfast. It didn't run away but turned back past me for shelter. It must know the area a little bit. I am sorta thinking, better the devil I know, and I know this one is a scaredy cat. All of them are venomous that I have seen. Another neighbour had a king brown in their yard over the weekend, this wasn't a brown, it was probably a dugite type.

I've lost count of how many snakes I've met. There were always lots of snakes near the shed (on the day I moved in, a tiger snake killed one of the dogs and then the snake died in my parking spot). The chickens have been free range lately and laying all over the place while Cas hogs the nesting box (I am surprised she didn't die today, I am a bad nurse) and I realised I had been collecting all their eggs on my back patio table so I chucked them all out into their pen in the hope the snake would go far away over near them and get full up on the eggs. To my delight, the crows moved in instead. Snakes and birds do not get along :D Crows have been known to kill them, but not like kookaburras who are made for snake destruction. I wonder how I can attract them, but I already have galahs laughing at me daily, my self esteem might not handle a kookaburra too.

Its bedtime for me now, If it is not too hot in my bedroom. I am up at dawn most days and didn't nap today cos I felt sorry for a door knocker survey dude out in the heat without water, trekking round town. He pointed out he was getting UV under my patio... That explains why I am so brown even when I stay in the shade!

Bluebird
Bluebird
I had no idea crows would go for snakes! I can relate to seeing crows at least, my town has a stupid amount for some reason. I get woke up by the cawing, like i live in a gothic castle

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Just been down to the lake to feed the birds. Little blighters recognise the bag the food comes in & make a dash for you the moment you start opening it :D

Guess they were hungry. The Swans kept trying to nick the bag out of my hand (Got two nice red peck marks on my thumb now).

The lake itself is still half frozen over, but at least there is somewhere for all the Ducks, Geese & Swans to swim now.

Counted 21 Swans down there today.....The Canada Geese, Egyptian Geese & Ducks were waaaaay to many to count......guess the lake is the only bit of open water around that's not frozen over at the moment.

Now to sort out some lunch for the birds in the garden.... :)

Taake

Raise your hand if... EW
Staff member
Black Thorn
I did it!
Week 1: 3000 words on Carl Schmitt's "Political Theology" (basically an intellectual defense of authoritarianism)
Week 2: Seminar on Schmitt + 3000 words on "Theology and Marxism in Eagleton and Žižek: a conspiracy of hope" (traditional thomism meets radical hegelianism, "strict disciplinary terror" rears its ugly head)
... done! Boom! Despite work and two other classes I'm taking. Sleep? Who needs it! A nervous break down is totally worth it right? :p (j/k I'm fine... I just need to reboot with some wine and Criminal Minds or Buffy)

In other words, my week was stressed, my day was stressed... but now, I'm giddy with non-stress and will probably function like a normal person again by Sunday.

Spanky
Spanky
Or as normal as you have functioned previously
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom