• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was you day - part 7!

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@Nix,
sorry to do this Nix but I have wanted to do this for a while now, regarding how often I watch the film Tomorrowland, can I refer you as Governor Nix?

Reactions: Nix

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
My 5 hour Sunday workday became a (nearly) 9 hour marathon after 3 people called off. 😩 At least there was free pizza & donuts. 🍕 🍩

spikenbuffy

My true nature. You want a taste ?
Yesterday was a good day, I played at French tarot cards game with my family at my brother's home. In one part in my received cards, I had 10 trump cards and so I took le chien (the talon) and it had 3 trump cards in it!! I was so lucky... It was great. Everyone was shocked.

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
My day once again has not gone to plan.... been to Docs to arrange more blood tests and had coffee, then lunch out, then coffee, then coffee, then chats, then coffee... and not so much of the housework!!

Tomorrow is now housework day.

Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Yeah.....Tuesday is the day of the dreaded 'H' word here too...….

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Governor Nix only does the housework on a day with a H in it.

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I have finished all my course work for the week and didn't really know what to do with myself today. I have had a busy week so far and wasn't keen to push too hard in fear of setting off the brain melts. I had a cortisol morning and knew I was going to have to find some way to stick myself to the couch. BB works well for that. I have only done a few little stints of housework and spent a bit of time rolling on the floor this morning cuddling bunnies. I haven't had lunch yet cos I let myself stay in bed past dawn! Late breakfast with the bunnies, sharing bananas and nuts. Anya definitely knows what "nana" means. Zooms to find me when I say it :p

Some friends came to visit this week. We went to the beach the other day. It was glorious. They were too chicken shit to come in but I swam for over an hour. The bay had some strong currents so it was perfect for some resistance swimming. It was cloudy and "cold" so it was only me and a few snorkelling men in the water with a constant stream of tourist walking down the rocks checking for sharks for us ;) . My friend wouldn't come in because it didn't look inviting, but it was 23C and plenty warm enough to swim. First I turned red, and now I am brown. I don't stay burnt for long. I would go there more often if I lived closer, the drive takes more out of me than the swim. It was so amazing, I am so so so lucky to have such beautiful bays to swim in. Screw the city.

I am a bit out of it today having sat indoors most of the day, its like being sedated to lose ya self in the net all day. Nice to check out of life for a few hours though.

FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
I would like to go to the beach sometime again.

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
My friend wouldn't come in because it didn't look inviting, but it was 23C and plenty warm enough to swim
Whit! I used to swim in the sea loads, and it being the North Atlantic sea it was about 2C and I didn't find it too cold, especially after a few minutes in it. Cold sea water does the body good.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
I'm the same, when I jump in water of 2 degrees C after 10 seconds the body goes numb and I don't find it too cold.

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Provided you've no heart conditions or the like; it jacks up your blood pressure.
Aw man, I was going to take my Dad there next time he visits, maybe not such a good idea. The docs did tell him that swimming in Russia was what gave him the bung heart, but turns out its genetic so they were wrong about that. It wasn't freezing when I swam, but would be a bit too chilly in winter.

Whit! I used to swim in the sea loads, and it being the North Atlantic sea it was about 2C and I didn't find it too cold, especially after a few minutes in it. Cold sea water does the body good.
Wimpy chickens, the both of them. It was the southern ocean, but in a very sheltered bay which made it warmer. It was cloudy on Tuesday, like a big sky blanket. I found an online picture to show cos it is such a beautiful pool. I picked this one because it is the most realistic depiction of the place. Lily white tourists jumping in for an ultra safe swim. (ooh I love the resize option!)

I haven't been feeling well at all today so I just googled my symptoms. Seems I picked up a grotty virus from the shops I went to after the beach. I am usually SO careful about using hand sanitiser after shopping because I pick up viruses so easily but this time it had ran out and I ate the salad roll on the drive home without washing my hands. Paying for it now! Oh well, at least all of my work is done for the week and it will pass before my next load of visitors comes though. I don't feel so guilty about staying inside all day now. And I am relieved it explains the fever, cos I was starting to freak out that my brain was melting again lol.

FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
Is that a picture of you?
Last Watcher
Last Watcher
If it is.....there is something she's not been telling us ;)

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
Been an odd day today. The plan was; coffee, shopping, coffee, lunch, housework, get Abbs form school and relax. However it went like this instead; coffee, try to fix car boot door, fail at fixing door, tie door closed to inside of back seats, go shopping, coffee, get Abbs, housework.

Last Watcher
Last Watcher
Has the catch broken or is it jammed? (The car boot that is)
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
You've been doing the wrong thing, it's a car boot lid not a door.

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
Last Watcher Has the catch broken or is it jammed? (The car boot that is)
We think it's broken, not totally sure it could be electrical? No idea... It's a borrowed car and it's old but it's better than nothing for my friend.... an hour we were out there trying to fix it!

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
When you say how old, what sort is it, a Rover 90, Mayflower, Morris 1100, Austin A40, Daimler SP250 V8, Daimler Dart now them is old.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Governor Nix,
drill two holes in the bottom of the boot then run the boot lid ties through them holes. TIP, mind the fuel tank.
On the bright side get someone you don't like to check the tie holes, when the person is under the car ask if the holes are in
the fuel tank half a second before you slam the drivers door shut.

Learn how to say tee hee effectively.

Top Bottom