• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

How was you day - part 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
really um what? Did someone fall asleep in the middle of a sentence?

No, I accidentally posted it before I finished. πŸ˜… I've done it before, and since we can't edit or delete comments, there ya go. 😜

I meant to say that I really adore you, and I appreciate your concern. ❀

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
awww thanks. β™₯ ya too!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
God damn it! Suddenly, the remote won't operate the cable box. WTF.

It'll turn the tv on and off, plus adjust the volume but that's it. I CAN'T CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!! At least it's stuck on the metal channel for now. That's cool. πŸ˜…

The technician comes tomorrow at 5pm. The rep I spoke with was really awesome...and a metalhead too! We were on the phone for 35 minutes, talking about metal...oh, and the cable problem. πŸ˜› We have the same first name as well. Trippy! She said I made her day. Awww. I told her the same thing. Metalheads are like family. It's so awesome when you encounter someone else who loves metal! Like you just want to grab them and hug them. Talking to her was so amazing. Neither of us wanted to hang up, but her supervisor told her to move on to other customers. 😒

Anyway, I'll be watching dvds tonight. When they swap out the cable box tomorrow, all the stuff I recorded on the DVR will be gone. Two years worth!!! That sucks. Oh well. Guess I'll have to eat some brownies now to make myself feel better. :p

Last edited:

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I did good today! Nice relaxing pace so far. Woke up at dawn, had breaky, fed animals and let chooks out. Then went back to bed to meditate for a while. Next I walked to the post office before they went on their lunch break to post some things and then up to the library/farm centre to print off this weeks course work. The lady there is very cheery, speaks to many people. Their computers are SOOOO SLOOOOOWW, even slower than mine at home but eventually I got my stuff printed out and asked if I could pay for the paper, she said just to get books from the library so it stays open. Then after I got my books and almost figured out how to check them out myself, she offered me a job :D :D :D I said I couldn't do much, so we agreed on once a fortnight and see how I go. WOOO! It will be great cos she is so chatty and I am so not, so I could do the work bits down the back and she can do the town chatty bits. Its exactly the sort of area I want to work in - teaching farmers how to manage their land sustainably. There will even be some tree planting :D :D :D I am so happy!

I came home and watered my plants cos this dry wind seems to be sucking the life out of them, and talked to the drake for a while. He looks to be loosing some weight so I want to go get some better food for him this week, I don't think he likes the duck mix I got him. There are still loads of snails for him to eat but he is still too scared to walk around the whole garden and has just stayed near the pond and his pen, there is a whole other garden the same size that he has access to but hasn't discovered yet. And then once I eventually figure out how to keep chooks IN their paddock, he can roam the orchid and hedges too. He is not friendly to chickens so he cant be out at the same time as them but he is MUCH less annoying than chickens in the garden. I cant wait till those chooks stay where they belong!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
The remote suddenly works. Yeah, I'm not falling for it. I'm not cancelling the cable tech appointment. Because YOU KNOW if I do, the remote will stop working again. πŸ˜… Besides, it might be an issue with the cable box, not the remote. Also, a lot of the cable guys are pretty hot. They always give me two new remotes when I ask. Probably because I'm so charming...and never wear a bra when I'm home. Also, I love it when they ask, "Is there anything else I can do for you?" Well, now that you mention it it....

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
no comment πŸ™ˆ πŸ™‰ πŸ™Š

FaithLehane16

"Tact is not saying true stuff. I'll pass."
I find it to be disappointing when you are trying to make money by charging $20.00 - $30.00 to clean, vacuum, and dust someone's car out/$20.00 to mow their lawns to make it easier for them, only for them to not respond to the idea on your Facebook statuses. I mean you are offering to make their home life easier. You would think they would respond. Some of these people get paid well at their jobs. You are trying to make some underhanded money when your job search is being difficult. What is wrong with people?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I find it to be disappointing when you are trying to make money by charging $20.00 - $30.00 to clean, vacuum, and dust someone's car out/$20.00 to mow their lawns to make it easier for them, only for them to not respond to the idea on your Facebook statuses. I mean you are offering to make their home life easier. You would think they would respond. Some of these people get paid well at their jobs. You are trying to make some underhanded money when your job search is being difficult. What is wrong with people?

That's not as bad as it can get - some woman was trying to shake down a hotel by saying she would give them a bad review unless they gave her a free stay. I could see someone saying, "Detail my car for free or I will say you stole stuff out of the glove compartment." It has been happening.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I'd pay $20 cash for someone to clean my kitchen right now. I shook my shake this morning and the lid flew off. Shake everywhere. It was almost so clean too. I wiped the floor with a teatowel but left the draws cos I needed my bush walk before I dealt with that.

I got new bras in the post today :) firsr new bras that fit in years. What a joy to be single, I can actually spend my money on myself!! They gotta reduce this boob tax tho, E cups cost so much more than abc sizes and ya still gotta special order them. The order place ran out of F cups so postage was extra cos it made my order under $100, no free delivery :(

I start work on thursday :) gotta figure out what to do with my wild 3 inch hair.

FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
Too bad you live far away from me.
Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
Dye the hair green!

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I'm not a Star Wars fan but I absolutely love this knitting pattern based on the trenches of the Death Star. So detailed. Also fairly subtle in that it doesn't scream Star Wars in your face.

Click here for photo

Puppet
Puppet
Eek! Now I'm even happier that my mom's gonna teach me to knit :D

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
That's not as bad as it can get - some woman was trying to shake down a hotel by saying she would give them a bad review unless they gave her a free stay. I could see someone saying, "Detail my car for free or I will say you stole stuff out of the glove compartment." It has been happening.
Exactly. I would never trust anyone reaching out to me on Facebook to do anything.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I shook my shake this morning and the lid flew off. Shake everywhere.
That sounds like a double entendre from a funky new R&B song.

I shook my shake and the lid flew off, the lid flew off
I shook my shake and the lid flew off,
The guys wanna drink my shake, I tell them F off, tell them F off

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Pure poetry @Spanky.

I didnt recognise you @Bluebird! I was planning a facelift last night, and then swiftly forgot.

Whatcha up to @Professor Walsh ? I was thinking I would shave my head again. I had such a hard time washing it today! But now its sorta sitting down I am not as bothered. I would probably react to dye, I was thinking plaits but its just a tad short for that yet.

I think I am the princess and the pea today, being fussy about my bed again. Woke up so sore this morning. And then did a bit in the garden and a lot of typing, just to help matters πŸ†’ Now all I can handle on tv is Fuller House. I am totally every middle child stereotype ever.

"Just ask Old Mc Donald, he had a cluck cluck every where" 🀣🀣 "Im not sassy, Im delightful"

Bluebird
Bluebird
Nm you, I won't recognise myself now lol

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
@Puppet I'd recommend the pattern when you've got knitting down, it turns out so lovely! Though very time consuming cos it's double knit reversible. It's here if you fancy checking it out. :) I used a slighter thicker wool and one size larger needles because the smaller lace wool was not making for a fun experience lol.

Spanky
Spanky
yer auld da is oder dan me so reckon i might. taught I too old fer it.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Anya bun is so happy tonight. She has been a bit of a brat lately so I am so glad to see her happy I lifted the side of the tent and now shes flying through the tunnels under it and binkying about. Even Xander was running laps under the couch earlier. Now he smells like dust. I think Anya likes the hay spread all over the floor... Cleaning is not going well. She tried to nick off with a napkin and then wouldn't leave stray chip from under the oven. I had to push her back in to the loungeroom with my foot.

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
Whatcha up to @Professor Walsh ? I was thinking I would shave my head again. I had such a hard time washing it today! But now its sorta sitting down I am not as bothered. I would probably react to dye, I was thinking plaits but its just a tad short for that yet.

Oh, I'm fine, I suppose. :) Shaving the hair off is always tempting, I love the feeling. At some point, though, I hadn't bothered in so long that I can both get it away from my face in a bun, a ponytail and a braid (not simultanously, doh!). It seems a bit stupid to shave it off after growing past all the annoying stages, so now I dyed it reddish instead.

Spanky
Spanky
Until I read that man bun promotes hair loss... no, I think I shant.
FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
I would never shave my head bald.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Does anyone know what the moon is doing this week? I feel brain dead. I wont even chance going on the google in case of falling down the rabbit hole of lies.

I just got an email from a very close old family friend. Apparently my mother has told him I am doing very well and now he wants to know me again. He sent me a link to a new doco on what I have been screaming at anyone and everyone since 2015... Nice to know he has looked into what I was saying, and that there are people from his home land (USA) who are also seeing how damaging the pharmaceutical medical model is to people like me. I started bawling when I watched a lady on the telly describe my existence. The fire brain melting ow. Not being able to access information I know is in there, thinking I am a giant dumbo and then later having complete clarity.

I am drained today, but did alright at the work place. I haven't sat down for that long like, ever. I think I squished my back. I am going to go to the pub later for food.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
Something happened on Tuesday that I wasn't going to post about, but it's still on my mind, so here goes:

I was walking through the complex (it's roughly 66 acres of trees and nature, quite pretty) Tuesday evening. I always smoke, despite the relatively new rule forbidding it. (My attitude is, these people can kiss my ass) Anyway, this older couple was also walking, and as they passed me, the guy said, "THIS IS A NON-SMOKING PROPERTY!" I didn't like his tone, or his presumption that he could say ANYTHING to me. I just said, "Mind your f-ing business." And kept walking. But the dude's face got all red, and he actually yelled, "F you!!!" I stopped, and turned around to face him. I was actually thrown off-guard by the sheer venom in his voice. He was tall, thin, blue eyes, wearing a straw hat and gold-rimmed glasses. About 65 years old. You know how sometimes things seem to move in slow motion? And your vision is suddenly clouded with a reddish haze? That was me. I felt the rage coming, and I let loose on that guy at full volume. He got cussed out so bad, it was insane. I was already in a crappy mood, and this guy just triggered the demon in me. I can't repeat most of what I yelled at him. If I were in Glasgow, my colourful language wouldn't have lifted an eyebrow. πŸ˜… But this is Los Angeles. A city of politically correct crybabies. And I was dealing with a snooty old wanker who thought he could "correct my behaviour." I also remember him saying, "I've been here 41 years and I follow the rules!" But he looked confused. I guess he didn't expect my slightly psychotic response. His wife kept pulling his arm, saying, "Let's go!" and all the while, I was coming up with new insults to hurl at him. I was actually impressed with my creativity. Especially the part where I looked at my watch and said, "Dude, its 5:30. Shouldn't you be humping your mom about now?" YASSS. Well, he made a mistake and needed to be shown the error of his ways.

WHY do some people think they can just approach a stranger, and tell them ANYTHING? Would he have done it if it were a man he saw smoking? I don't think so. Since the car is dead (and I can't afford a new battery at the moment) I'm walking more, and unfortunately encounter more people around here. I'm still going to smoke wherever I want. That's a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom