• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day? πŸŽŠπŸŽ„πŸŽ‹πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽ€πŸ§§πŸ­

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

You gotta go be gay for that poor, dead intern...
Black Thorn
What's going on? What are you up to? We want to know!!! And yes, I know that's a lot of emoticons in the title. πŸ˜‹

This pleases me greatly. 😊

As for my day, I left work after an hour because I got REALLY dizzy and nauseous. It was nearly 90 degrees (INSIDE!!!) and I couldn't sleep. But its cooler today, so now I feel way better.

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
I see a Christmas tree in the title :D this makes me happy!

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
I was up all night. Just laying there until it was time to go to work. God, that was torture.
Reminds me of days in school. Ah, the memories of catching some secret Zs away from the prying eyes of the teach. Good times, good times.

My day is alright. It's 4 o'clock in the morning and my sleep cycle has been flipped for the past month or so, but it's a living. I also went to the doctor yesterday morning because half of my big toenail almost came off and it scared the bajeezus outta me. The doc said it will heal over time, but I'm not so sure. My nail's been cracked for about that long now (a month).

• Wow
Reactions: Nix

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
First day of school. Got to meet 25 of the 100 pupils I will teach this year. There's the rebel who will question everything, the one with the attention span of a kitten, the solo player, the pair who always want to work together, the Serious Student (TM), the kind one who will look after everyone, the quiet one, the clown, the one who just moved here and doesn't know everyone ... In very many ways your average, run-of-the-mill class. As a group, though, the seem friendly, open and willing to work; this year looks good.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
There. Was. A. Giant. Spider.

I had to get all the cardboard at work out of the cellar to be collected, I was going well, stopped as there was some customers in, look down and there it was, huge. I ran! I had to get the customer to get rid of it for me.

Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
Poor thing, you took it's cardboard.

Professor Walsh

Feminist slayerette
Black Thorn
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Oh that is disgraceful, I can't believe you got away with that, how can you .. .. .. oh sorry I didn't see the 'cl' in your last word.
Taake
Taake
Too true :p

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
nightshade
nightshade
More of a squeal thana scream, I'm getting better. No I said I didn't care of he did kill it, but he put it outside
Professor Walsh
Professor Walsh
18-22, I guess.
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Me, I don't have anything to say, I never do, but I do like perpetuating the myth, though!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
I also went to the doctor yesterday morning because half of my big toenail almost came off and it scared the bajeezus outta me. The doc said it will heal over time, but I'm not so sure. My nail's been cracked for about that long now (a month).
Its weird because I've had toenails just come off before. Like, you're putting on a sock and the loose nail catches on it. After you finish screaming, you slowly remove the sock,, take a deep breath, and yank the thing off.

Oh, and I managed to slam the door of my truck on my finger....about 2 weeks ago. I was in the dentist's parking lot, in a rush, and slammed the door shut BEFORE I realised that my finger was in the way. I cannot DESCRIBE the pain. The door was completely shut on the finger. I nearly fainted. Tried to open the door and it was LOCKED. 😰 So I had to bend down to get the keys out of my purse, which I'd dropped when the finger got caught.

That really. really sucked.

Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
And you mentioned losing a couple of teeth before. Pull yourself together!

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
Its weird because I've had toenails just come off before. Like, you're putting on a sock and the loose nail catches on it. After you finish screaming, you slowly remove the sock,, take a deep breath, and yank the thing off.

Oh, and I managed to slam the door of my truck on my finger....about 2 weeks ago. I was in the dentist's parking lot, in a rush, and slammed the door shut BEFORE I realised that my finger was in the way. I cannot DESCRIBE the pain. The door was completely shut on the finger. I nearly fainted. Tried to open the door and it was LOCKED. 😰 So I had to bend down to get the keys out of my purse, which I'd dropped when the finger got caught.

That really. really sucked.
Damn, that sounds horrible. I've had similar encounters before with appendages being slammed between doors before and it's awful. Never had it stuck for more than a few seconds though, so I could only imagine the pain. And since you mentioned the dentist, the most pain I ever had was a toothache, which I consider to be the most painful experience a normal person can have without some abnormal injury or disease. I wanted to pull my teeth out just so the pain could stop every time I had such an experience. Even a stomachache wasn't that awful.

My doctor did mention something about the sock being a cause for my broken nail though. But the thing is, it wasn't really broken before yesterday. It was just cracked, not loosened. But yesterday, almost an entire part of the nail almost came off. I don't know if it's more disturbing that I felt no pain at all when the nail came off, like it's supposed to come off like some old shell. Ugh.

I say "almost came off" because thank god, a large portion of it is still attached to the toe, so it's not as disturbing.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
Damn, that sounds horrible. I've had similar encounters before with appendages being slammed between doors before and it's awful. Never had it stuck for more than a few seconds though, so I could only imagine the pain. And since you mentioned the dentist, the most pain I ever had was a toothache, which I consider to be the most painful experience a normal person can have without some abnormal injury or disease. I wanted to pull my teeth out just so the pain could stop every time I had such an experience. Even a stomachache wasn't that awful.

My doctor did mention something about the sock being a cause for my broken nail though. But the thing is, it wasn't really broken before yesterday. It was just cracked, not loosened. But yesterday, almost an entire part of the nail almost came off. I don't know if it's more disturbing that I felt no pain at all when the nail came off, like it's supposed to come off like some old shell. Ugh.

I say "almost came off" because thank god, a large portion of it is still attached to the toe, so it's not as disturbing.
The problem with nails coming off like that is I'd sometimes feel like an animated corpse, with body parts just falling off. When a whole toenail comes off, you look at your toe and just see that weird fleshy bit where the nail used to be. I don't know if toenails coming off indicates bad health or something. Or maybe its the cheap socks tearing them off. I never spend more than one or two dollars on a pair.

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
The problem with nails coming off like that is I'd sometimes feel like an animated corpse, with body parts just falling off. When a whole toenail comes off, you look at your toe and just see that weird fleshy bit where the nail used to be. I don't know if toenails coming off indicates bad health or something. Or maybe its the cheap socks tearing them off. I never spend more than one or two dollars on a pair.
When I looked it up on the Internet, Google told me it has to do with fungi, but now that I think about it, I'm glad now that there's a rational explanation behind my nail coming off that doesn't involve bad health or fungi - it cracked. It had a large crack across the nail for a month now, so it makes sense why part of it would come off. If it had just come off for no reason, then yeah, I would be concerned about my health.

Not that I'm that healthy to begin with anyway, with my unhealthy diet of junk food and coke zero. lol

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
When I looked it up on the Internet, Google told me it has to do with fungi, but now that I think about it, I'm glad now that there's a rational explanation behind my nail coming off that doesn't involve bad health or fungi - it cracked. It had a large crack across the nail for a month now, so it makes sense why part of it would come off. If it had just come off for no reason, then yeah, I would be concerned about my health.

Not that I'm that healthy to begin with anyway, with my unhealthy diet of junk food and coke zero. lol
Speaking of unhealthy, I am now eating a corn dog. It's pretty yummy. I'm eating comfort food because I need soothing. Last night, 90 degrees INSIDE, no a/c, couldn't sleep, and suffered for hours. Went to work, but couldn't make it past an hour. Thank GOD the weather cooled down!!!! I feel almost human now.

Damn, corndogs are AMAZING.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Speaking of unhealthy, I am now eating a corn dog. It's pretty yummy. I'm eating comfort food because I need soothing. Last night, 90 degrees INSIDE, no a/c, couldn't sleep, and suffered for hours. Went to work, but couldn't make it past an hour. Thank GOD the weather cooled down!!!! I feel almost human now.

Damn, corndogs are AMAZING.
Maybe your nutrition has something to do with some of the problems you have. You show us tacos and tell us about corn dogs? Look no further.

Maybe you could arrange to sleep in the meat locker at night. Just check to see if there is a handle on the inside of the door. We have central air keeping the house at a nominal 74Β°F and a separate bedroom air conditioner that is set to 19Β°C/66Β°F. It is cooler here now as well. We have come down from the 33Β°C/91Β°F to a more reasonable 27Β°C/81Β°F. Join us in Canada! Health care is universal to all residents and the climate is cooler.

Top Bottom