• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day? πŸŽŠπŸŽ„πŸŽ‹πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽ€πŸ§§πŸ­

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Doomstar Requiem
Black Thorn
I'm definitely in the wrong line of work. The last time I had a job like this, I was 20...at a burger place in San Francisco. I don't want to sound like a snob, but working with people who haven't even finished high school is torture. If they just kept their mouths shut and did their job, it would be easier to deal with. But stupid people ALWAYS want to chatter about something. It hurts my brain and makes me wonder, "How on earth did they manage to dodge that coat hanger?"

Anyway, worked eight hours today and it was SO busy!! My feet hurt, and my jeans kept slipping because my weight is plummeting like crazy. Any other time in my life, I'd be THRILLED at such a rapid loss of weight; but its a problem now, because it weakens me. (Which isn't exactly ideal at a job like this!)

I decided to share my pain by being morbid; saying things like, "If I die here, let my corpse nourish the crows in the parking lot." πŸ˜‚(Sometimes I just like messing with people, as most of you guys should know by now)

Anyway, I already know that my talent is writing...I haven't written in quite awhile, but I'm going to start later tonight. It would be a great catharsis, and I could entertain people as well. And maybe make money...?

Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
Do it! You were born to write.
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
good luck!!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I've had issues with the nerves on one half of my face for over a week now - one of the most painful things I've experienced in my life, gotta say - and last night was the first time I actually got some pain-free sleep; sooo nice. I'm just glad I'm finally getting better, I'm like the opposite of a certain other person on the board in that I will do anything to avoid having to take meds for the pain :D

Oromous
Oromous
Glad you're feeling better. The nerves issue sounds painful.
Spanky
Spanky
"certain other person" made me LOL
Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
Did you have an attack of shingles? It is caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox. If you ever had that, shingles is its sequel.

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
Today is a good day so far... I still have housework to do but I has a shiny new iPhone 12, and I'm loving it. Also having takeout tonight with Cards Against Humanity with the fam.... I'm tired but in a good mood...

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Doomstar Requiem
Black Thorn
Just now checked the new work schedule (created every Friday afternoon) and my hours have been cut in half. Which isn't a huge surprise, actually. Our new front end manager (who was pretty cool) broke her ankle and will be out for awhile. She was in charge of scheduling, and things were looking up. But now, the former front end manager is back. (She was on a leave of absence) She's a manic control freak who wants everyone to "be her friend." I was warned months ago that if you made her mad, she'd cut your hours.

When I have something to say, I say it. If I think you're full of it, I'll tell you. This girl, Anita, pissed me off yesterday by asking me to disinfect areas of the store EVERY HOUR. The new store manager had stopped this practice in late August (while Anita was gone). So I told her we don't do it anymore. Her eyes got all weird, and she says, "I didn't ask you about that. Just do it." I said I'd check with the boss first, which really sent her into a near meltdown. What a psycho. πŸ˜‚ Yeah, I'm DEFINITELY requesting a transfer now. Things are just too juvenile and annoying there. But first, I'll have a chat with the main boss at our store. If she can't remedy the situation, I'll request a transfer.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Just now checked the new work schedule (created every Friday afternoon) and my hours have been cut in half. Which isn't a huge surprise, actually. Our new front end manager (who was pretty cool) broke her ankle and will be out for awhile. She was in charge of scheduling, and things were looking up. But now, the former front end manager is back. (She was on a leave of absence) She's a manic control freak who wants everyone to "be her friend." I was warned months ago that if you made her mad, she'd cut your hours.

When I have something to say, I say it. If I think you're full of it, I'll tell you. This girl, Anita, pissed me off yesterday by asking me to disinfect areas of the store EVERY HOUR. The new store manager had stopped this practice in late August (while Anita was gone). So I told her we don't do it anymore. Her eyes got all weird, and she says, "I didn't ask you about that. Just do it." I said I'd check with the boss first, which really sent her into a near meltdown. What a psycho. πŸ˜‚ Yeah, I'm DEFINITELY requesting a transfer now. Things are just too juvenile and annoying there. But first, I'll have a chat with the main boss at our store. If she can't remedy the situation, I'll request a transfer.
You don't have to tell people that they're full of it. Just say you regard them as the south end of a northbound horse. In fewer words.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Got to work, realised that I forgot my phone, debated going home to get it, locked up and went back to get it. Yep, today is going brilliantly!

Nix
Nix
Excellent start to the day.
  • Haha
Reactions: Nix

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
It was quite bad yesterday, between 5 am and 10 am I managed to correct several faults in a book I am writing, then Windows save failed to save any of the changes I had made.
The telephone system run by Telstra had stopped working and as they run the internet the internet didn't work.

Hopefully today is going to be better.

Oromous
Oromous
I hate it when that happens, especially with how lazy I am to repeat the effort I already put in.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
@Oromous,
ever noticed that when you need to rewrite the 10 pages all you can remember is four or six pages?

It makes for a day the software designers ears should be burning.

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
Well had my shopping delivered and they missed out 2 bags of chilled food.... waiting for a call back to find out if they will deliver it now or not :(
Apart from that I have had a chilled day but now because of that I need to get my but into gear soon as it's back to school tomorrow.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Doomstar Requiem
Black Thorn
The windows are all boarded up at work, in anticipation of possible shenanigans on Tuesday. It almost looked like a bomb shelter. My feet hurt pretty bad, so I asked to leave early. Now I'm home and relaxing.

I am now eating a bag of dark chocolate truffles. I didn't PLAN on eating the whole thing, but things happen. 🐷 Still, I'm feeling pretty good about myself. I am literally stuffed with chocolate. πŸ–

Last edited:
Nix
Nix
Chocolate good
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
now I want chocolate truffles!

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
Well, I've done a little bit of housework. Now listening to Christmas music and feeling festive.
Got 2 weeks to sort my house out for the decorations to go up!

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
My day just got better listening to the speech by Donald Trump making claims about the new vaccine which he says is very good. He says how he expects the number of people being infected (in America) to be quickly reduced. 5:40 am 14/11/2020

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nix

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
We have the first day that actually looks like November - cold (1Β°C when I walked the dog at 9:30 this morning), rainy and overcast. We need the rain to keep the water table up but the dog doesn`t care. At least you don`t have to shovel it. Tomorrow is the start of the vacuum leak pickup where the city goes around with a 30 horsepower vacuum cleaner with an 18`` hose and sucks up all the leaves we have raked to the curb.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐢
We have the first day that actually looks like November - cold (1Β°C when I walked the dog at 9:30 this morning), rainy and overcast. We need the rain to keep the water table up but the dog doesn`t care. At least you don`t have to shovel it. Tomorrow is the start of the vacuum leak pickup where the city goes around with a 30 horsepower vacuum cleaner with an 18`` hose and sucks up all the leaves we have raked to the curb.
Sounds like fun...only boring ;)

Top Bottom