• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day? πŸŽŠπŸŽ„πŸŽ‹πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽ€πŸ§§πŸ­

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
I made the mistake of ingesting an M&M while wearing a mask outside today. The candy touched the outside of the mask just a little bit, and I made the mistake of ingesting said candy. For what it's worth, I've only been outside for less than 30 minutes shopping for groceries. However... I do have a mild case of sore throat, and now mild fever, shortly after the incident. Here's hoping more serious symptoms don't show over the next two weeks.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
good luck!!

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Going to my mother's after work today, dog sitting again, but I'll make a mess in her kitchen instead as I want cake, and I know that there's eggs there, well if I go up to the field and collect them there will be!

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐢
Actually had a good day at work! 😲 That rarely happens, anymore. :rolleyes:
Helps that people were in a relatively good mood, and were buying extra stuff that corporate wants. :oops:

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
Confirmed witch. :p
Today I was walking my dog on a sidewalk next to a pretty busy road. Some young guys on mopeds and two in a moped-car were messing about in the street, driving into on-coming traffic, zig-zagging past each other and just being generally irresponsible.

I thought something along the lines of - I wish they would get into an accident, maybe it’d teach them a lesson about being more careful.

Get a couple of steps before I hear a terrible crash.

Guess who got into an accident?

Two of them had crashed into each other, almost getting run over by the ones in the car, and the third was in the ditch.

To be clear, no one got seriously hurt and we helped them get off the road immediately. Though being in shorts they got some bad wounds on their legs and were pretty shook up.

Lesson learned?

Now I feel like a witch. Be careful what you wish on others. πŸ€ͺ😳

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
Another emotional day. Tried to drown it out by watching a new to me show...
Didn't get housework done...

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
what did you see?

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I about walked through a big spiderweb with a big nasty looking spider right in the middle of it this morning. I was looking down with my keys getting ready to unlook the door and something said look up, and right there, another step further where mah face would have been was that monstrous looking spider. If I walked into him and he landed on my snoz I serious would have ran and screamed and stopped, dropped and rolled and caught me a heart attack or something. Seriously. was soooo lucky. @nightshade the fear was real lemme tell ya whut. Two hours later and my heart still races when I thinks of it.

@Taake I shall name him Big Smear on the Front of the Door. (he's got like one of those hollywood celebrity names)

Last edited:
Taake
Taake
You should name and befriend them, like I do.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
You can tell it's the last week of the holidays, it's so busy this week.

Weekend at mother's didn't go well, ate way too much junk food and, the dog killed a bunch of chickens, there was one dead yesterday morning, so I thought she was just going to that one,but later on mum found 5 dead.

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
i just got a newsletter from one of the online food stores I sometimes order from, I knew they had branched out to some non-food items, but -lol - apparently they have a Lego ”shelf”. So when you order your gorceries, you can get some Lego as well. πŸ˜‚

@nightshade and in case you were wondering they were announcing some new Harry Potter Legos coming into stock. πŸ˜‹

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Lego advent calendars are due next week, I will be putting a Harry Potter one aside for myself!

The next set of minifigs are Harry Potter too.

Reactions: Nix

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Had breakfast at my dad's - took the bus and it is officially mandatory to wear masks or they won't let you on, so that was a brand new experience for me :) - along with my sister and step-siblings, and we worked out more details on our trip to Greece in two weeks. So far, it's still on. If it gets canceled - Greece has quite a number of corona cases and it's growing by the day - then I hope it's not until next week, or our travel insurance won't kick in and we won't get our money back. Which would suck. Mostly, I just hope we get to go, cause we need a nice vacation and I haven't left the country in over a decade; I need it!

I've spent the rest of the day catching up on a lot of videos; reactions and YouTube, that I missed while at the summer house with my family. Now I'm back to being bored, though :p

Spanky
Spanky
thought you were going to say you had breakfast at tiffany's. i really need to stop trying to fill in the sentences before i read them.

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
Had my nails done today in fluorescent hot pink glittery gel polish!! Cheered me up a little bit... 😍
Currently listening to Planet Rock Radio which is nice too with AC/DC on at the moment... 😈
Still have a big hole in my home where my Dodes (cat) used to be so I need cheering up. 😒
Was considering a new pet but Abbs isn't ready yet 😒
Going to gut Abbs room tomorrow and finish filling up the skip!! πŸ€ͺ

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
Realized yesterday that I made an embarrassing mistake: I think I've forgotten to RSVP for a spot of my graduation ceremony that's happening tomorrow. The deadline was some time around July. It was supposed to be graduation for this private course I took on scriptwriting. Sigh.

I emailed the student affairs team yesterday, asking if there's some way I could get my certificate if I forgot to RSVP for the ceremony. Awaiting their response.

Damn, that's a stupid mistake. I guess I had a lot on my mind these past few months.

@HowiMetdaSlayer It is automatic, or at least I assumed. But you'd still need a certificate to prove that you graduated from that institute and are qualified for whatever skill you studied for.

Last edited:
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
isn't that just automatic?

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
I'm a little tired today. My arrival at the Simpsons forum, "No Homers Club", was a little bit unpleasant. Just a little bit. Someone gave me flak for not giving the first episode of Simpsons season 5 a 10/10 (I gave it 6/10), calling me "hard to pleased", before dropping a "rolled eyes" emoticon. The episode was "Homer's Barbershop Quartet", and I thought it was an "okay" parody of The Beatles, a music group I never had the privilege of growing up with, so the parody had less impact on me.

Maybe I was just being too sensitive, as I've always had been on the Internet due to communication in text form being hard to interpret when you can't see the person's face (can't tell if he's joking or just being genuinely mean), but I never had that kind of passive-aggressive treatment on buffy-boards so far, no matter how controversial my views were (especially in regards to Spuffy). Everyone here acted quite friendly to me, I must say, and it's been a pleasant stay. Shame I couldn't say the same for The Simpsons community.

Last edited:
Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
Jeeze people need to chill out!
Taake
Taake
Can’t remember the ep, but s5 is great, hope you get to enjoy it as you wish despite the overzealous fans :)

Antho

Scooby
My head is fine now. The injury on my skull due to that canoe incident is heal now. Physically my head is good now but like i said before all of this brought to me a LOT of families problems. So. It’s good outside. It’s like hell inside

Taake
Taake
Glad about your head at least!

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
I had a good night out last night, took advantage of the government eat out scheme to meet up with a friend.

Bit of a surprise when we arrived, one of the waitresses was someone we knew, very much a me me me person, just her having a job surprised us, of course she had to come over and tell us all about it, and all about her kids, but it was a good meal, and cheesecake for dessert.
Was good to get out somewhere different, see her as I haven't been able to for a while, and she's given me a cross stitch to attempt to do.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐢
Have had an unusual morning. Just found out that a girl from class (one of the few that have any in school stuff) tested positive. So now the entire class has to be tested. So now I'm googling 'places to get tested for covid' preferably for free/covered by insurance. At least I won't have to go in to work for like a week. However, I guess I'll pretty much be stuck at home. 😏

Top Bottom