• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day? πŸŽŠπŸŽ„πŸŽ‹πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽ€πŸ§§πŸ­

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
As I mentioned in my profile post, I got a very important character death spoiled for me in the anime, "Legend of the Galactic Heroes". He's practically the deuteragonist of the story, and he dies in a certain episode which I shall not name, but let's call it Episode B. The frustrating part was, I was watching the episode (Episode A) right before Episode B. I was Googling about another more minor character death that happened in Episode A, and if I had just waited for one more episode before I had done that... god, this is a mess.

The one bright side I could dig out from this mess is that I had already learned of his death a long time ago (because that's how spoilers work for long-existing shows); I just wasn't aware which episode it would occur. Another thing is, LoGH actively spoils content in the next episode in their "next episode preview", which is why LoGH fans often advice newcomers not to watch the preview or risk getting spoiled. Well, Episode A's preview DID spoil the deuteragonist death, so, I would've been spoiled either way. πŸ˜†

I think almost the same could be said for American television "promos", where the next episode's content is teased. While they don't explicitly spoil the important stuff the way LoGH does, it still gives away enough to ruin any surprise you would have if you didn't watch the promo. I know that's the case with both Buffy and Angel too, but I just couldn't help myself but watch the promos anyway. lol What can I say? I like the build-up of these promos and previews. Gives me something to look forward to.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I had to go do some grocery shopping - enough to keep me locked in my apartment for the next two days without having to go anywhere - and dropped by the small mall nearby because the last thing I need for my trip is a giant bath towel, fluffy and fresh (all mine are old and don't dry very fast). I didn't find one, so I'm going back out on Thursday, to a much bigger mall a bus ride away. What I did find, however, was a super cheap offer on six drinking glasses, which I hurried to snatch up. I've been using the same three coca-cola glasses (like what you used to get in MacD back in the day) forever and now one of them had gotten calcified, so that was such a great find!

Now I'm watching Buffy, from the beginning. I've decided that if I have that playing in the background instead of YouTube, there's a better chance I'll actually get some writing done, especially as it's Buffy fanfic I'm writing, lol. The only problem is, I'm pretty sure it's the HD version (barf) and the place where I'm watching them (not super legal) means that it has fricking FRENCH credits and subtitles o_O oh well, beggars can't be choosers...

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

You gotta go be gay for that poor, dead intern...
Black Thorn
As I mentioned in my profile post, I got a very important character death spoiled for me in the anime, "Legend of the Galactic Heroes". He's practically the deuteragonist of the story, and he dies in a certain episode which I shall not name, but let's call it Episode B. The frustrating part was, I was watching the episode (Episode A) right before Episode B. I was Googling about another more minor character death that happened in Episode A, and if I had just waited for one more episode before I had done that... god, this is a mess.

The one bright side I could dig out from this mess is that I had already learned of his death a long time ago (because that's how spoilers work for long-existing shows); I just wasn't aware which episode it would occur. Another thing is, LoGH actively spoils content in the next episode in their "next episode preview", which is why LoGH fans often advice newcomers not to watch the preview or risk getting spoiled. Well, Episode A's preview DID spoil the deuteragonist death, so, I would've been spoiled either way. πŸ˜†

I think almost the same could be said for American television "promos", where the next episode's content is teased. While they don't explicitly spoil the important stuff the way LoGH does, it still gives away enough to ruin any surprise you would have if you didn't watch the promo. I know that's the case with both Buffy and Angel too, but I just couldn't help myself but watch the promos anyway. lol What can I say? I like the build-up of these promos and previews. Gives me something to look forward to.
I'm probably in the minority, but I LOVE spoilers. Why? Because I'm impatient and don't like surprises. I'm weird that way. Immediate gratification is good. Speaking of spoilerish promos, here's a great one. That's pretty much the entire episode right there. Kinda. πŸ˜‚

Oh hell. Now I have to rewatch that episode! Mostly for Fred tasing Connor, which was AWESOME. And Wesley's, "I'll take away your bucket," line. 😳

EDIT: @Oromous Oh shit! Are you kidding me? πŸ˜‚

I'd like to point out that when something's nearly 20 years old, there's really no such thing as a spoiler. I mean, if I'd never seen the original Star Wars, and someone shared the Death Star's destruction scene, I couldn't very well accuse them of posting a spoiler. :p

Last edited:
Oromous
Oromous
Nope. Nope. Nopity Nope. Not gonna touch that. Haven't even gone past season 2 yet. LMAO

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
Didn't get much done today in the end. Quite sad about that but so tired, again. Need to talk to docs tomorrow about something, probably end up with an ultrasound again and get some meds for people! Should be a fun day lol. The skip gets collected tomorrow as well, hopefully not when I'm out. Housework is the need for the rest of the week if I want it to be ready for the workmen to trash again Friday putting in my new boiler system. Yey for adulting!!!

Puppet
Puppet
Sending you positive vibes!

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
I'd like to point out that when something's nearly 20 years old, there's really no such thing as a spoiler. I mean, if I'd never seen the original Star Wars, and someone shared the Death Star's destruction scene, I couldn't very well accuse them of posting a spoiler. :p
Yeah, I know... but when it's Google feeding you the spoiler when you're searching for something (almost) entirely irrelevant to the spoiler itself, it gets frustrating because there's no one to blame but yourself... and the search engine not being smart enough. Nah. Mostly yourself. Sigh.

I could just picture, had Alexa been more advanced, warning you that you're about to stumble on some important information (like for example, Xander dying), and warns you not to browse a certain Google result or something. That would've been convenient.

OT:
My day's mostly fine so far. I was gonna hit the sack, but then I got caught up discussing about how mediocre season 5 of Simpsons was, and then we talked about which episode of the post-classic era we should skip to save time, and then it's 12 midnight and I'm not sleepy anymore. The power of Internet forums. I'm in the mood now to watch another episode of Millennium instead. lol

Antho

Scooby
IT’s one of theses day where I am searching an object that I see everyday when I don’t need it but can’t find it when I need it now. And so it gets on my nerve

Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
Your level of organization must be the same as mine. I have lots of organization. I just can't remember where I left it.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Headed into the city, again, and finally got my hands on a decently sized bath towel. My kaftan came in the mail today and I just got a message two hours ago that my other package can be picked up tomorrow. So now I'm ready for Saturday. All I need to do is pack :)

Also, spent the evening at my mom's since I'll be gone for a week and won't see her, and my stepdad made my favorite dish, which was nice. I borrowed their suitcase since I don't have one of my own. My mind keeps spinning, too, trying to make sure I won't forget something on the list I've made, of things to bring with me to Greece. Hopefully, I won't forget anything, or at least not anything too important. I suppose the most important one is my passport :p

Spanky
Spanky
Be sure to try some of their yogurt. Supposed to be really good.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
One person I used to work with was in international sales. He was originally from South Africa and he said there was a simple trick to not getting sick on local food when you travel: eat some of the local yogurt first. This fills your digestive system with the local flora that would be in the gut of most of the local people and would make otherwise indigestible things digestible. Fortunately, Greek yogurt is readily available almost everywhere and you can get it there as well.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I am in a great mood. I needs a female to emasculate me back into my place. Where's @Faith when you need her. She could spank me good mood away in no time flat.

• Haha
Reactions: Nix

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
One person I used to work with was in international sales. He was originally from South Africa and he said there was a simple trick to not getting sick on local food when you travel: eat some of the local yogurt first. This fills your digestive system with the local flora that would be in the gut of most of the local people and would make otherwise indigestible things digestible. Fortunately, Greek yogurt is readily available almost everywhere and you can get it there as well.
Another way to not get sick from local foods is to NOT travel to dodgy areas. I mean like, there's no way you'd ever see me travelling to 3rd World countries and chowing down on street food. I'm just not that adventurous. πŸ˜‚

Blech. Greek yogurt?

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Another way to not get sick from local foods is to NOT travel to dodgy areas. I mean like, there's no way you'd ever see me travelling to 3rd World countries and chowing down on street food. I'm just not that adventurous. πŸ˜‚

Blech. Greek yogurt?

But you could be on "Monsters Inside Me"! Just think - 20 minutes dedicated to your story of culinary misadventures.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
I REFUSE to watch that! I heard about and...ewwww. No thanks. 😳

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
Despite the utterly HELLISH weather, I took my truck (aka The Beast) to a full service car wash. Such a treat!! And sooo nice to have others do the cleaning. It was just too damn hot for ANY kind of exertion today!

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
think you could fit my car in yer truck

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
I've had a crap day to be honest. Been trying to look after/entertain Abbs all day after she watched a horrific video after school yesterday. Thankfully she is improving now and seems ok so thats something.
On the upside my Brother's family's presents turned up for their 10th wedding anniversary today which I'm happy with.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Great to be back! One week in Greece was wonderful, but by day 5 I was missing my home and my everyday life, so being on my couch, in my apartment, feels really good.

I swam lots, I got a great tan (and a slight sunburn on my shoulders, of course), ate mostly great food, and grew closer with my extended step-family. I also learned that I'm no longer afraid of flying, which was awesome and will help a lot in future vacation planning. Now I just need to spend a few days catching up on my unread threads on here, my 18 full-length reactions on Patreon, and a week's worth of YouTube vids in my feed. Yikes! :)

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
did you visit Santorini?
Priceless
Priceless
Glad you have a great time, welcome back!
Top Bottom