• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day? 🎊🎄🎋🎉🥳🎀🧧🍭

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
My day's gone better today because my Beastars review got selected by curators on Medium. lol They put it under the "Culture" category. It's probably not a big deal, but I don't think any of my writing ever got selected in that way before. 😁 Feels good having spent so many hours working on that.

Anyway, I'll post that review in this forum soon, along with my X-Files and Millennium reviews. :)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

You gotta go be gay for that poor, dead intern...
Black Thorn
Was supposed to work the 8am-3:30 pm shift today. Got there at 8 but only lasted 90 minutes. Just couldn't do it! Told them I had chest pains, which was actually true...one of the people I don't hate said it could've been severe anxiety. That's possible. But I still HAD to get the hell out of there. And I did. Tomorrow I'm supposed to work the 6am-2pm shift....I'll do my best to get through it.

On a funnier note, I decided to decorate my back gate with something that expressed my Halloween spirit. Sure, I could've put it on the FRONT gate. But I didn't because MI wanted my beloved neighbours to appreciate it. They're upset that I Ioudly refer to their kids as Children of the Corn, so my olive branch is this sweet decoration:

When I saw it in the store, I laughed my butt off. Because I KNEW it was perfect, and it pleases me beyond measure.💀

Last edited:

Nix

🤪
Sineya
Had a weird week so far. Got my bloods back and everything is ok apart from my inflammatory markers are up, low on iron and vit D and waste in my blood!! Yey me!! Oh well, could have been worse.

Abbs is off sick again this week due to ill health. Waiting for work from school to be sent home.

Re joined Slimming World on Friday last week and lost -2lbs so far, not bad for 3 days! Weigh in days are Mondays.

Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
The classic sign of waste in the blood is bursitis. Do you have that?

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Was asked to work early instead of this afternoon. So got off round the same time I would've been going in.
Installed an oven element all by my lonesome (landlord was busy). :)

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
The parents’ computer is having massive issues that I’m not sure I can fix. Can’t even get in to go back to a restore point. Ugh.

sk
sk
I feel for you. There's nothing worse than doing computer support...

Mr Trick

Scooby
Day's pretty good. Just relaxing at home with Mum. Always listen to Fighting Talk on a Saturday. Never fails to entertain me. Been re-watching Extras too. Watched the David Bowie episode earlier. Its a classic!

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
Have you tried rebooting?

I'm sorry... I had to. What OS?
1601739263417.png

Windows 10.

First it was loading a black screen with cursor after login. Tried holding shift and restarting to go to Advanced Startup, tried repeatedly forcing shutdown, tried going to rstrui from command line - no dice. Ran sfc /scannow and I could open windows explorer once, was able to get to Advanced Startup but it just spun when I tried to restore to an earlier version. The second internal drive with all the files on it (OS is on a separate SSD) is not listed in drives. Occasionally when I reboot and login I can get to a pared down desktop missing the program and file icons and I get drive not accessible the parameter is incorrect for that second internal drive.

Trying to run chkdsk now. I read something that says it might be the graphics card causing a corruption, so I will try to cajole it to let me open the device manager next I guess. Last resort will be to open it up and pull out the hard drive, connect it to my laptop and see if I can at least backup the files.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Best bet might be (if possible) restart in safe mode. Then do a restore to factory.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
Best bet might be (if possible) restart in safe mode. Then do a restore to factory.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
I like that smashing it wasn't enough :D

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
I already KNEW there'd be consequences from siccing the District Manager on Maria, and they occurred yesterday. Got overhead paged by the new assistant manager so I went upstairs. (He's like, 25, Latino, and very full of himself) It went like this:

Him: I wanted to discuss your absenteeism.

Me: Okay.

Him: You've called out sick several times within the last four months.

Me: As have several other employees. What's your point?

Him: Well, when we schedule you for a shift, we expect you to be here.

Me: Of course you do.

Him: If you need some time off, let me know. Did you want a leave of absence, like three months or so?

Me: Paid?

Him: No.

Me (picturing him on fire): Then, no thanks.

Him: If you continue to miss your shifts, then we might have to let you go.

Me: Okay. I won't miss my shifts in the future.

I've called out sick a few times, and left early sometimes, yes. So he was within his right to call me out on it. (But I also KNEW the little worm was pissed because the DM chewed him out after the "deli department incident.") He had me sign the triplicate form of this verbal warning, with a supervisor as witness. I made a paper airplane out of my copy later. 😁

The real issue is, the employees here are 90% Latino...and they stick together. They're also promoted quicker, and don't even get me started on the special treatment I see. But that's how it is. We'll see what happens. I might request a transfer, I might not. *shrugs*

• Sad
Reactions: Nix

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
Where'd that come from? Why the three months? That seems like such a random number. There has to be a reason it was said.
Absolutely no idea, and I found it strange as well. But when I got up there, he had my employment history all laid out on the desk.

I mean seriously, I HATE the job and my days are numbered. I just don't have the temperament to deal with sniveling bottom feeders.

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
dogblanket.gif
Enough said. One of those days.

nightshade
nightshade
Agreed
Puppet
Puppet
I can't figure out if that means a good or bad day, cause for me, this would be a good day kinda gif :D

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
One of those days.
Oh please. Don't even one of those days me. You can't say one of those days until you have had a coworker stand in your office and, nearly yelling, about everything that happened in a TV show you never watched or cared to watch. Going over every little plot detail for 16 friggin episodes, and then, everything ends with and then as more is being told. Then of course key plot points were forgotten so they have to backtrack and talk about key elements that were left off of the initial episode description.

And these aren't episode descriptions mind you, but just an exact retelling. 48 minutes it took. To recap the first season.

Taake
Taake
That was my life when Game of Thrones was still a thing and my co-workers were nuts for it. So, I've had those 'one of those days'too.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Black Thorn
I go to work at 10am. I'll just do my job, and ignore my coworkers as much as possible. It would be LOVELY if the assistant manager has died before I get there. I'm not wishing it on him or anything. It would just be funny; mainly because a lot of weird things have been happening in my life. A few things I've pictured in my mind recently have actually happened. So, yeah. Totally NOT wishing death on the assistant manager. Because that would be wrong.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
@Taake always trying to steal my thunder!

Lemme ask you this? When your coworkers talked about Game of Thrones, did they remember the name of the show and the characters? Because after damn near an hour spent listening to the show I have no idea what it was called or the name of a single character because the storyteller could not remember. Seriously. The characters were called "the captain" "the other captain" "her husband" and "the scientist" I think her husband and the scientist were the same character though.

Taake
Taake
You love me
Top Bottom