• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day? πŸŽŠπŸŽ„πŸŽ‹πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽ€πŸ§§πŸ­

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
@Puppet lol, to me that's a bad day, a very bad day. Different strokes :)

@Taake always trying to steal my thunder!

Lemme ask you this? When your coworkers talked about Game of Thrones, did they remember the name of the show and the characters? Because after damn near an hour spent listening to the show I have no idea what it was called or the name of a single character because the storyteller could not remember. Seriously. The characters were called "the captain" "the other captain" "her husband" and "the scientist" I think her husband and the scientist were the same character though.
It was GoT. Of course he didn't remember the characters' names. There was like 1000's of them. He couldn't even remember basic characters like the obnoxious young guy who was king, the blonde lady with the dragons, or the evil blonde queen. Another co-worker would occasionally correct him though, and the crippled boy would get a name, and so would the rest of the Stark family. The rest of the characters didn't fare much better though.

Spanky
Spanky
I hate you
Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
We all love you.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Today has gone from, first ugly cry
Then get mad
So a typical girl's kinda day then. Pretty soon it'll be shopping and buying some new shoes.

@Taake you need to dye it too! Purple or pink. That's a real girly thing to do too

Last edited:
Taake
Taake
No, I'm gonna buy better scissors to cut my hair. But the sentiment is the same

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Oh please!!! Every year you have a new pair of shoes and always talking about how fancy they are.
This is a good sign. Whenever our finance minister unveils a new budget, he traditionally wears new shoes to show his confidence in the economy. What @Buffy Summers is saying is that the Buffy Boards will be running just fine for yet another year. OK, maybe they are flip-flops, but shoes are shoes.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
What @Buffy Summers is saying is that the Buffy Boards will be running just fine for yet another year. OK, maybe they are flip-flops, but shoes are shoes.
Oh, no, they're not flipflops. They're all strappy and usually red. Not that I have committed her shoes to memory or anything like that but... yeah, sorta, I guess.

Taake

Watcher
Black Thorn
Sometimes at work it feels like people are deliberately stupid so that you'll finally give up on asking them to do a thing the right way, and just do it yourself instead.

Spanky
Spanky
I have long suspected that to be the case
Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
Time to get your resume out?

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Another exhausting one.

Lately, I've been waking up at 7:30, regardless of how late I get to bed the night before; that's way too early! (for me, at least). So, I tossed and turned and tried to fall back asleep until about 9:50, when I finally just got up and got ready. Almost an hour later, I headed into the city - I had to go talk to some official people about why I've been getting less money every month for a while now, only to have the wrong address and be told that I need an appointment anyway, I can't just show up due to Covid.

So now I had two hours to spend in the city before my next thing (my feet hurt!) and I headed in to look for a birthday present for my dad and a few things for myself. To make time go faster, I headed into a store I've always wanted to visit but never got around to - a comic book store (they only had Boom! Buffy comics, unfortunately) and I went home with the first book of The Walking Dead. It wasn't too expensive, so if I like it, I might start collecting the series.

Then it was off to my dad's for his birthday (I literally wrapped his present just so I could walk over, hand it to him and watch him unwrap it, lol) where I got to see my nieces and hang out with my sister and brother-in-law. Now I'm home, I'm tired, and there's a disgustingly big-ass beetle hanging out in my kitchen and I can't convince my mom to come over and smosh it for me :(

Oh, and it's been raining. All. Fricking. Day!

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Currently in a lockdown with no end in sight, but my sleep schedule is normal and I'm not stuffing my face with food (I actually lost 2 more KG after reaching my pre lockdown weight) so I got that going for me.
I can't convince my mom to come over and smosh it for me :(
Smush it yourself with a goddamn shoe and some toilet paper.

Puppet
Puppet
I will not! Ew! It might crawl on me!!!
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
poor beetle

TriBel

Scooby
Now I'm home, I'm tired, and there's a disgustingly big-ass beetle hanging out in my kitchen and I can't convince my mom to come over and smosh it for me :(
Put a glass over it then slide a piece of card under the glass. Pick it up carefully and then, if you're not bothered about karma, shake it into the loo and flush. If you're worried about karma, open the door and throw the card outside. I always do the latter.πŸ™„ Alternatively, pay my airfare from the UK and I'll do it for you. πŸ™‚

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Doomstar Requiem
Black Thorn
My stepfather parked my deceased brother's truck in the lot near my flat...without even telling me. When I got home from work, the truck was just suddenly here. Emotionally, it was heart wrenching to see it again. My brother would sometimes take me on little excursions to burger places and automotive shops. (He had MASSIVE speakers in that thing, with no bass distortion no matter how high he turned it up)

I thought my parents had sold that truck, but obviously I was wrong. It really sucks to see it whenever I go outside. Its torture, actually. My stepfather is such a dick. Just an inconsiderate, strange guy.

Anyway, here's the truck. Climbing up into it was quite tricky, by the way. πŸ˜‚

For those of you who didn't know, MY truck originally belonged to my brother. (I inherited it after he died) As you can see, he had a taste for badass vehicles. I miss him A LOT. πŸ˜ͺ

Last edited:
Taake
Taake
<3 Also, wow, the second one is really long!
Nix
Nix
Hugs xx
  • Sad
Reactions: Nix

Taake

Watcher
Black Thorn
Start of the week:

Only substitute milkshake with "overview project reports"

Today: Oh crap, now I'm responsible for communication and reporting to five international offices, not just one. Wait, this meant more work.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Start of the week:

Only substitute milkshake with "overview project reports"

Today: Oh crap, now I'm responsible for communication and reporting to five international offices, not just one. Wait, this meant more work.
And you are suddenly lactose intolerant!

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm eating a packet of Oreo's for dinner as I'm too tired to clean the kitchen and make food,I have no cutlery or bowls so I can't even have a bowl of cereal. So tired lately that I'm considering not even building my new Lego set tonight.

Given myself even more to do at work as I set up our Instagram account. It's fun, but I really don't need more work to do!

Is it bedtime yet?

Taake
Taake
You’re an adult, bedtime is any time after noon :p

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Doomstar Requiem
Black Thorn
I went to the ER yesterday, because I cracked my front tooth on a goddamned, motherfracking taco shell!! Oh God, the pain was beyond description. (Since the dentist DIDN'T return my emergency pages, I had no other option)

My teeth are horrible and weak. A few have come out on their own. Just to illustrate how bad they are, one of the nurses asked me, "Have you ever used meth?" 😳 Wow, that floored me. No, I've NEVER used it. (Years of prescription drug abuse, anorexia, chain smoking, and stress can really mess your teeth up) I knew the nerve was exposed. I could feel it. The ER doctor examined the damaged tooth and said the pulp was ALSO exposed...plus, it was infected. So, he gave me an antibiotic and some Motrin to take right then.

Twenty minutes later, he asked me what painkiller worked best for me (All of them! All of them!) since I was getting prescriptions. I said Tramadol was fine. He asked, "How about Norco (hydrocodone)? Its much stronger." My inner addict was doing cartwheels. πŸ˜‚ Funny how you sometimes get something you desire, dream of, will kill for want without even asking for it! He also gave me prescriptions for an oral rinse, antibiotic, Motrin, and Narcan. Narcan??!! (An opiate antagonist) The doctor said, "With all of the painkillers you're taking, I don't want to risk an overdose." (Bear in mind that all ERs, doctors, and pharmacies have the CURES software, which tracks every single prescription you get)

So, I'm not in pain now. Far from it, in fact. 😈

Last edited:
Priceless
Priceless
I chain smoked for years so I've got 'meth tooth' too, I feel your pain :(
Nix
Nix
I understand weak teeth. I had 13 pulled and falsies made! Sigh...

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Thursdays are always a struggle, not sure why but I always struggle to get going on a Thursday. I live about 2 minutes walk away from work, so tend to leave at around 9:25 for a 9:30 start, just about to leave, can't find my work keys, eventually found them in my pocket, the pocket inner had moved so I couldn't feel them, only was two minutes late for work, but it was that where are they, I need to go panic!

Top Bottom