• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day? πŸŽŠπŸŽ„πŸŽ‹πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸŽ€πŸ§§πŸ­

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
Thursdays are always a struggle, not sure why but I always struggle to get going on a Thursday. I live about 2 minutes walk away from work, so tend to leave at around 9:25 for a 9:30 start, just about to leave, can't find my work keys, eventually found them in my pocket, the pocket inner had moved so I couldn't feel them, only was two minutes late for work, but it was that where are they, I need to go panic!
I was wondering why you were thinking about Thursday on a Wednesday. Then I was like, oh is it Friday, are you talking about yesterday?
When I was off work I couldn't keep track of the days and blamed it on being at home, but clearly, being at work doesn't help much either.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
I was wondering why you were thinking about Thursday on a Wednesday. Then I was like, oh is it Friday, are you talking about yesterday?
When I was off work I couldn't keep track of the days and blamed it on being at home, but clearly, being at work doesn't help much either.
Think of this as a preview to being a retiree, but where you are still making money.

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
Today and tomorrow are gut the house days as my Bro and fam are down on Saturday to celebrate their 10 year wedding anniversary. I'm so excited! Present time :)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Doomstar Requiem
Black Thorn
I wasn't going to go ANYWHERE today. (It was far too hot, and I could've sworn that I saw two vultures circling outside) The plan was to leisurely sip decaf coffee with hazelnut creamer, and have a cigarette. But to my utter horror, I was completely out of hazelnut creamer. Nooooooo!

Drove to the market and got my hazelnut creamer. 😁 The minute I got home, I made the coffee and had the cigarette ready.

Yes, it was hot outside and I didn't want to go anywhere. But hey, I couldn't exist without my hazelnut creamer!! πŸ˜‹

Last edited:
Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
Just melt some Nutella into your coffee. Chocolate and hazelnut at the same time. My daughter puts chocolate milk in her coffee in the morning. You do have options.
Taake
Taake
Vultures... is that code for your family members or annoying neighbours? :p

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
Been cleaning all day and tidying and wrapping and putting up bunting... now to hoover and do washing up while waiting for balloons delivery and coffee with the girls!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Doomstar Requiem
Black Thorn
Got my paycheck!!! Bought groceries, of course. Didn't go to the car wash, since that's a luxury I can't afford this week. Cigarettes were priority, and gas for "The Beast." ❀

Am currently hoping that it will rain money, but so far that hasn't happened. I look at the sky, it looks at me, then says, "Go eff yourself." πŸ˜‹ Next week's paycheck will be MUCH larger, so I have that to look forward to.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Can you get any sleep when you have a broken back tooth that cuts into your cheek at the slightest movement? The answer is no. Of course, as soon as I got out of bed it stopped hurting. I know I sleep on my side and all, but c'mon! 😑

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Doomstar Requiem
Black Thorn
Off whole weekend! Actually off 6 of the next 9 days! Yay moi! After working mostly 4-5 days a week the last few months. Much needed respite. Plus taking 10 days at end/start of month. Mostly just hanging out this weekend...
Y'know, I think a lot of people don't realise how soul-sucking our jobs are. Half the time, you want to slap someone silly, the other half, you're so exhausted you want to scream. Our days off are SUCH a blessing!!!

Last edited:
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
Amen sister!

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I think I remember yesterday, today was so so but what do you expect as it was only yesterday's tomorrow, speaking of which - tomorrow is good.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Doomstar Requiem
Black Thorn
Today was brutal at work. I did eight hours (I usually do four or five) and thought I was going to drop dead. (Seriously, working at a busy supermarket is best suited for people in their late teens or early twenties!) Two more people quit...before they left, I gave one of them a hug and wished her all the best. The other one I didn't care for, so I was like, "Bye bye bitch!" 😁

Just for fun (and because I'm a vindictive cow) I tweeted our District Manager and said he should keep an eye on that store. (Since I do NOT use my real name on Twitter, I wasn't worried about any repercussions) Yeah, I was just being evil. He MUST have seen it and said something, because the manager and assistant manager were super jumpy today. Ah, the smell of fear was intoxicating. πŸ˜‚

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
Woke up with muscle aches all over my body today. Add that to my periods of depressive episodes over the past several weeks, it's not been a fun October.

Buffy Summers
Buffy Summers
Sorry to hear that :(
Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
On Friday, we enter into the astrological month of Scorpio. It might be a bit more favourable for you.
Nix
Nix
Hugs

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
@Buffy Summers
@Ethan Reigns
Thanks for the kind words.

Scorpio, huh? Interesting. I'm not really familiar with astrology myself (aside from knowing I'm a bull-headed Aries), but it's nice to know things might become more favorable. 😊 Friday, huh? Just in time for Halloween too the week after.

Nix

πŸ€ͺ
Sineya
I feel like crap! I've been what feels like fighting off a cold for at least a week now and today it's hit my throat. Feels so harsh, now having Halls Soothers lol.... sigh

Oromous
Oromous
Ugh, I know that feeling. I've just recovered from a cold myself (still having sneezes this afternoon), all the drowsiness and discomfort. Hope you get well soon. Hugs. <3
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
*hugs* Hope you get better soon!

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐢
What should've been a rather easy last day before a 3 day weekend turned into a truly dreadful day. 😩 Been feeling really down the last few weeks. I definitely get affected by the (S.A.D.) seasons, and I usually feel pretty down by February. I think this whole Covid thing, has had a similar effect. On top of that the top 2 managers took me into the office to talk to me. You just know that this wasn't going to be good news. :rolleyes: They had some 'official talk' with paperwork about lack of sales. Usually I'd just be annoyed, or maybe bit worried about my job, but was nearly in tears. I have an appointment with my Dr coming up (on my birthday/election day no less). I think, if I'm still feeling kind of down, I'll ask for a referral. Cause if I'm feeling this down now, just imagine how I feel by February! That actually concerns me. I hate the idea of being medicated, but might need something to get me thru this gawd forsaken year(s). :oops:

Sorry to bring everyone down. Here's some much needed lightening up...

Priceless
Priceless
Sending virtual hugs, hope you feel better soon xx
Spanky
Spanky
you need some carrabba’s

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Doomstar Requiem
Black Thorn
What should've been a rather easy last day before a 3 day weekend turned into a truly dreadful day. 😩 Been feeling really down the last few weeks. I definitely get affected by the (S.A.D.) seasons, and I usually feel pretty down by February. I think this whole Covid thing, has had a similar effect. On top of that the top 2 managers took me into the office to talk to me. You just know that this wasn't going to be good news. :rolleyes: They had some 'official talk' with paperwork about lack of sales. Usually I'd just be annoyed, or maybe bit worried about my job, but was nearly in tears. I have an appointment with my Dr coming up (on my birthday/election day no less). I think, if I'm still feeling kind of down, I'll ask for a referral. Cause if I'm feeling this down now, just imagine how I feel by February! That actually concerns me. I hate the idea of being medicated, but might need something to get me thru this gawd forsaken year(s). :oops:
Oh, my poor love! That really sucks and I feel for you. Yeah, job issues in addition to this whole Covid thing can totally mess with your head. Hopefully your doctor can give you a great referral. If you need medication temporarily, go for it...it might ease your pain. I totally get what you're going through. Don't worry, this too shall pass. Just hang on and trust that God never gives us more than we can bear. ❀

In the meantime, here's a couple of things for you:

Oromous

Socially Awkward
Sineya
That dreaded cold is back with a vengeance. And my right eye has become sore, red and watery from all the rubbing I did over the past few days. It was incredibly itchy for some reason.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
hope you get better soon!

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
That dreaded cold is back with a vengeance. And my right eye has become sore, red and watery from all the rubbing I did over the past few days. It was incredibly itchy for some reason.
Uh oh. Maybe I was not correct about the month of Scorpio being better. I knew it was going to be different. But there are ways to fight back - vitamin C and a warm, wet teabag on the affected eyelid if it is a sty, antihistamines if it is not. It's not checkmate, you're just in check. There are things you can do. And get some rest - your immune system only works when you are asleep.

Oromous
Oromous
Thanks. Some rest sounds like just the thing. Don't think I could find the other stuff as easily, especially erm... antihistamines. Will probably just blow over soon enough anyway.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Today was magnificent. Bright sun and temperatures up to 23Β°C so this was a day of t-shirt weather. But we just had some rain at 8:00 PM and the temperature is due to slide tomorrow, all the way to a low of 4Β°C tonight and 9Β°C tomorrow. Where's that global warming they promised us?

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
What a noisy start to the day 100 or so race cars in the Targa Rally. They are going down hill this years plus there is a rolling start on the road outside, ever seen Emu's trying to cover their ears?

Top Bottom