• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

How Was Your Day ๐Ÿ˜‹ (2) - Your Day in the Life Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunestellar

Bad Day. Started bad, stayed that way.
Did some outdoor tasks as part of my internship.
It was great and I really needed that to get my head clear (so anxious about my incoming thesis defence...). I'm a little more relaxed now.
While I'm at it, I share with you a photo of the pretty Orchids (Orchid Simia) we saw onsite :
20210520-153154.jpg

r2dh2
r2dh2
It's a really beautiful picture :)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
Got an unexpected check in the mail...nearly $500! It came from my former company, along with a formal termination notice. I'm sure I wasn't owed anything. Obviously, my law firm is going after the company full force. The truth is always easier to remember than a lie, so the company is totally screwed. Let's see if they settle, or risk perjuring themselves. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Currently watching SPN bloopers and the first season of True Blood...its very relaxing.

r2dh2
r2dh2
What happened with the company? why do you have a lawyer?
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Ah yes those wonderful memories .. .. um .. er damn I've forgotten what I was going to say. Company said they sacked her when she resigned?
Nix
Nix
True Blood <3 SPN <3
Reactions: Nix

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
My favorite part about my town having a local celebrity cat is that when it's owner yesterday alerted people, in his own Facebook group, that she hadn't seen him in 24 hours and asked if others knew where he was and then people from the town basically supply hour by hour sightings of the cat, time and locations noted, until there was an entire timeline for his day with pictures to track his path around the town. Lol. (he is a known wanderer who's ended up in entirely different counties)

Spanky
Spanky
this struck me as really funny.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
Metalheads around the world have been WAITING for this new song from Slaughter to Prevail...the video dropped yesterday, and is pretty much DESTROYING all of us. It's brilliant. Best breakdown in the history of extreme metal! (2:35) Go on. I DARE you. ๐Ÿ’€

Last edited:
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
What! it is a song! I'm not a Metalhead Oh lucky me, guess I'll just stick to Black Sabbath, Hawkwind and Motorhead, you know, good music to relax to!

Hunga Munga

Scooby
I'm becoming such a boring old man .

I booked myself a birthday Asda slot , was gonna buy a cake and some whisky , maybe a present ...but I went super sensible last minute . I still haven't finished the Xmas booze , it's no loss . So my Birthday treat is the stuff to make falafel wraps ?

Was gonna buy myself a gift as well ...and got these ? Not even new ones , grade 2 army surplus :D. Desperate for more lightproof water storage for my new water purifier...and these are the best on the UK market . Already have a couple but another 6 wouldn't be too many . They get a lot of use .
thum.jpg

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Happy Birthday!
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
What! At 51 you are not old, is he Anyanka Bunny Slayer .. .. tee hee

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
I am in deep pain... Two full days packing, cleaning, throwing out stuff, donating things I'll never use again, but I'm not done yet. Why do we accumulate so much junk? And I still have an office to clear out... Well, tomorrow is another day...

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
What, tomorrow is another day? Well I'll be whatsisnamed (amazed to you who'll question my use of swear words)

Nix

๐Ÿคช
Sineya
So far I've managed to irritate my best friend because I thought her son had an exam today so woke her at 7.45am when her alarm was set for 8!
I'm tired and want to sleep but here we are!

TriBel

Scooby
(2:35) Go on. I DARE you.
2.35 isn't a problem...but 3.06 on the other hand...is the drummer wearing SOCKS, shoes and shorts? ๐Ÿ˜ต If they're boots I'm fine with it.
And I still have an office to clear out... Well, tomorrow is another day...
It took me months to clear out my office. I discarded stuff then rescued it 10 minutes later. I brought it all home; invested in 14 bookcases to put it in and none of it's seen light of day in 18 months. I want to move but that means both discarding stuff I didn't/couldn't discard in the first place plus getting rid of most of the bookcases I bought to put it in plus stuff I've accumulated since. I hate myself...:mad:

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
2.35 isn't a problem...but 3.06 on the other hand...is the drummer wearing SOCKS, shoes and shorts? ๐Ÿ˜ต If they're boots I'm fine with it.

The most brutal song in the universe, and you're focusing on the SOCKS, shoes, and shorts? You need to be thrown into a mosh pit, my love. C'mon, snap out of it! ๐Ÿ˜…

TriBel

Scooby
The most brutal song in the universe, and you're focusing on the SOCKS, shoes, and shorts? You need to be thrown into a mosh pit, my love. C'mon, snap out of it! ๐Ÿ˜…
Sorry...no problem with severed heads or bears but socks, shoes and shorts? That's about as brutal a faux pas as faux pas goes! :eek: It really took me out of the moment! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
Sorry...no problem with severed heads or bears but socks, shoes and shorts? That's about as brutal a faux pas as faux pas goes! :eek: It really took me out of the moment! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I focus on the music not the drummer's outfit. And frankly, I never even noticed until you mentioned it. Thanks for that! Off to the mosh pit with you...be a good girl and go willingly. ๐Ÿฅณ

TriBel

Scooby
I focus on the music not the drummer's outfit. And frankly, I never even noticed until you mentioned it. Thanks for that! Off to the mosh pit with you...be a good girl and go willingly. ๐Ÿฅณ
You're welcome! ๐Ÿ˜„ The music was fine...not my genre but fine...it just needed that extra attention to detail. If it helps, they might be boots...๐Ÿ˜„

Mr Trick

Scooby
First part of my day was nice. A friend was shooting her short film in the local arena and asked me to have a brief scene in it. First time doing anything like that. It was a lot of fun. My scene was no dialouge mostly just reacting, so it was a bit weird, but they seemed to like it. Had a fun time mostly just chatting with the other cast members and watching it all.

whatdBuffyDo
whatdBuffyDo
That sounds so much fun!
r2dh2
r2dh2
Which movie? We all want to watch ;).

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
It took me months to clear out my office. I discarded stuff then rescued it 10 minutes later. I brought it all home; invested in 14 bookcases to put it in and none of it's seen light of day in 18 months. I want to move but that means both discarding stuff I didn't/couldn't discard in the first place plus getting rid of most of the bookcases I bought to put it in plus stuff I've accumulated since. I hate myself...:mad:

I feel your pain. I honestly don't have that much, but it ended being much more than I had thought. I'm also finding difficult getting rid of past life work and mementos, so I'll end paying for moving trash to another city :D. It has sentimental "value" (and yes, the quotes are for "value"). Just like my car, which is a 2000 model and servicing it is more expensive than the car itself. Why do we develop attachments to those things? I cannot bring myself to get rid of my car, I've had it since I moved to this country in 2008.

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
It was a short film, like advert for BMW which she's entering into a film festival. Fingers crossed.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
What happened with the company? why do you have a lawyer?

Long story short, I'd been suspended "indefinitely" but:

1. They actually made up a reason to do so, probably hoping that I'd quietly go off into the sunset...which is just NOT in my nature.

2. The manager never informed me when/if the suspension was over. And when I received an exit survey via email from corporate (asking why I chose to leave) I called this manager to ask about the email. He claimed that I never showed up for my recent shifts...which I wouldn't have known about anyway, because no one ever told me the suspension was over.

3. I immediately got legal representation, and I chose well. Apparently, they're scaring the crap out of that company. ๐Ÿ˜

I'd also like to point out that NONE of this prevents me from popping up (like an evil jack-in-the-box) at the locations where I used to work. You see, I am now just a customer...a customer with a massive grudge and lots of free time...but still, a customer. Usually, I don't need ANYTHING from there, yet it's fun just to walk around looking for something. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Reactions: Nix

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Me at work: No one baby the dog. No one encourage behaviors that you think are cute now, but won't be when he's 100Ibs.
Everyone else: Ok. *proceeds to baby the dog and give him attention the second he whines* *proceeds to lure him into jumping up on their laps*

*sigh*

(Not really sigh though, it is nice that they're all so super friendly and ok with me having the puppy at the office)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom