• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

How Was Your Day 😋 (2) - Your Day in the Life Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
Today’s garden adventure - oh, snake nest.

Then spend 30 min trying to get a good look without poking it to see if it is a grass snake (cute!) or viper (burn the house down and move!)

it was a grass snake. I decided.

Spanky
Spanky
They ARE cute. Plus I love their heat pits.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Today’s garden adventure - oh, snake nest.

Then spend 30 min trying to get a good look without poking it to see if it is a grass snake (cute!) or viper (burn the house down and move!)

it was a grass snake. I decided.
Vipers are cute too. Much more interesting than a grass snake.
You know an easy way to tell if it's a grass snake or a viper?
If you die after getting bit it was a viper.

Taake
Taake
Not cute!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Went to Ikea and used up almost all of my gift card money from Christmas eighteen months ago - finally! Got a bunch of stuff for the kitchen - a pan, some pots, spice holders, fridge boxes, etc. - and a few other knick-knacks. It was great to finally be back outside, and without a mask, too. Next week I'll get my first shot and soon I'll be able to go pretty much everywhere, thank god :)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
I've managed to lock my keys inside the truck. Was rushing to get inside the house, and realised I'd left the keys in the ignition. With the doors locked. Thank GOD I have AAA!!! They should be here soon. I have spare keys, but they're inside the house. :p

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
AAA = alcoholics anonymous anytime. Also there is a special key to getting in a car when you've just locked your keys in it, it's called half-a-brick.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Wolves ov Siberia
Black Thorn
That was tame. I coulda been far worse but they're too many sensitive people the forum for me to say what I coulda said.

Yes, I know. But somehow, the word "poopy" is worse than the other one. 😆

So, where are your two cuddle bunnies? Hope they're not cheating on you. That would be tragic. 😛

Spanky
Spanky
I wasn't talking about an alternative to the word... I was talking about something else all together lol

TriBel

Scooby
Smoke alarm was beeping because it needed a new back-up battery. Turned the house upside down looking for the spares I'd put "in a safe place". 🙄 Went to Aldi - they didn't have the right ones so had to go to B&M. Cost me £14. Discovered alarms aren't on a separate circuit so had to switch the electric off at the mains. Lost internet so lost the Youtube instructions. Found them on my phone - sounded horrendous - some people said it had taken a couple of hours. Fetched ladders and turned more of the house upside down looking for the right screwdriver. Levered the alarm down as instructed and pushed. Nothing happened so I lost my temper and hit it. It flew across the room - didn't even have to remove the battery - that flew in the opposite direction. Put new battery in and (so far) everything's good. Just have to tidy up the mess I made looking for stuff...and put the new batteries in a "safe place". Took 3 minutes to do the actual job...3 hours to do everything else.

New motto...If something does't work - hit it.

@Hunga Munga I had a cowboy builder in when the house was empty. He thought I should rent it out (despite me saying no - too much hassle) so wired them in because it was (allegedly) better from the letting perspective. I hate the house but I hate the builder more! With hindsight...maybe I should have hit him! 😄

Last edited:
Hunga Munga
Hunga Munga
Get the 10 year sealed units . My life got a lot easier when I binned the replaceables . A good 9V costs more than a complete detector :D .
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
yeah me & mom have hit our old smoke alarm off more than once ;)

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Had quite possibly my best meal tonight, since I started this hellofresh journey a week ago; Mediterranean chicken strips, with homemade couscous and a delicious Greek salad, I even have leftovers that I'll have for lunch tomorrow. Yum! Never tried couscous, it was way better than I expected based on appearance after it was done.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I'm shocked and disappointed as this week I'm going to have to try and find a shoes repairer to repair the shoes my mum bought for me from a shoe manufacturers factory in Northampton, Northamptonshire, England in August 1984.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
No kitty 😭

I went to my mother's and she can't find her! She's been missing for hours now, hopefully hasn't managed to escape outside and is just sleeping somewhere, but we searched and couldn't find her

Priceless
Priceless
Oh no, I hope you find her
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom