• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
Well I woke to a text asking me to go to work, that means I'm doing 6 days in a row, when do I get time to do anything other than work?! Is it so impossible for her to find someone else to look after the child so I can actually have my days off!

Nix

Evil Nix 😈
Sineya
AWW @nightshade thats poop.

@caitaintdead I have Endo too and its a nightmare!

My night improved, Abbs Grandad woke up at 6pm and is ok. SO far so good although he is on a heart pump so we won't know yet how his body is fully reacting to the surgery as of yet.

Furniture gets moved from my house today so I can have good clean up and move my new tv unit into my house (it's at a mates as there was no room to build it at mine), then it's Christmas decs time tomorrow with Abbs!!

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
It's just the worst hey? I have a ruptured cyst at the moment causing some pretty hardcore issues. Glad to hear abs grandad is doing better :)

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Sorry nightshade, you don't have time for a day off,

how's the secret Santa stuff doing anyway, as if I didn't know!

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I had a bloody busy day, but it was pretty great. A few whinges, I wouldn't be me without them.

I requested specific repairs on my car that was booked in today. When I picked it up, they had not done the specified repairs :rolleyes: I have to take it back next week as it is urgent. It took me 3 weeks to get that appointment and organise myself for the trip, so, its safe to say I was pissed off. Even more so after he said I needed the pollen filter changed when I changed that myself weeks ago! I think this lot are dodgy but any mechanic appears dodgy to me - I look like a girl when I go to the city. At least they quote upfront, so I know the repairs I asked for are still within what I had budgeted for it. I might try to find a Christian home mechanic next year. I will also need new rear wheels soon but I am totally going to find that elsewhere since I have time to price them next week in town.

I had a brilliant time in the city Library, so I am not terribly sad about the prospect of visiting again next week. I found some really great books and articles to read while I had a break from walking/sun and a HEAP that interest me. If I had known I was going to return next week I would have have borrowed them, but since I am there so infrequently I did not want to get anything out that would require me to do another trip before new year... There were some moron teenage boys who came in to charge their phones in the philosophy section and listen to rap music. I didn't complain but I was so close to going to security when they started talking about sourcing drugs on the weekend obnoxiously loud, obviously trying to look cool. They looked so lame, they were both snotty and stunk. I moved on to get dodgy sushi for lunch.

I dropped into quite a few shops, I forgot how much I enjoy walking in that town, reminded me of teenage years cos nothing much has changed but, at the same time, so much has changed. I had a laugh at how many stores had "NO EFTPOS" signs, bet they are doing a fair whack of cash Christmas trade. I had to stop into my insurance place and every other person there seemed as annoyed as me about their updating. Had a chat with another lady who moved from the big city and compared notes and lols of small town life. I found a poodle calendar for my mum which has a picture of a poodle that is so similar to her groodle. He really was the runt of the litter lol. A new toy for the buns, I priced Silver perch fish but had zero luck on finding a pond pump. Last stop was St Johns op shop and got a few things. I had been looking for a wicker basket, they were $49 new at the shop next door, and $2 in St Johns. I brought it, new pink pants and about 5 books. Then I started the trek back to the mechanic. Felt like a pack horse by the time I got there haha. I walked past the insurance approved dentist to see if they had appointments before the end of the year. They didn't and the receptionist was a grumpy old cow, so I'll look for a new dentist next year when the insurance updates to include other clinics.

The drive home was a bit mental. Road trains, Friday workers keen to get home, school knock off and tourists, yeah, mental sums it up. I stopped in at my friends place with the wicker basket full of heart health food. Her husband had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago and was flown up to the capital for surgery. He is home now but they are run off their feet with appointments. They wernt in and I hope they find the basket before the birds do! I forgot to put his dark chocolate kitkat in, I am unsure that will survive until I next see them hehe.

Got roast beef in the oven. Gotta get up and filter some water cos I was so tired last night that I didn't fill it, and forgot this morning too so I have to do that before I get too dehydrated.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
@caitaintdead
I have PCOS and endometriosis and they have been causing me a lot of issues. Sometimes for weeks on end. I never know when it will come and when it will end. Awful.
I just saw this and I feel your pain! Look after yourself cos it sucks and kills your spirit. If you haven't been tracking - start.

I started tracking years back - went to docs with my findings over and over, asked them about insulin resistance and they discredited it all as mental illness. Eventually I did get scans that revealed PCOS and cysts along my fallopian tube exactly where I had pinpointed the pain. I was still poo pooed and told that cysts under 8cm don't cause pain. They wont operate unless cysts are 8cm+, and mine are all between 4-6cms. After my experience with the Mirena (the "cure" they sold me) I wont ever go back. I have now found other ways to deal with the pain but am still learning about the sensitivities. I am FAR more reactive (to environment) in the 12 days before. 12 days on the dot every time. Relief does come but only for a few days at a time, it is difficult to learn to live with. The days of relief make it easier. There were no days of relief while medicated or using pain meds.

I have more health problems that have been caused by misdiagnosis and mistreatment than I did before I entered treatment. I want to try acupuncture next as caring for my spiritual side has greatly assisted me to rebuild my resilience.

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
I tried acupuncture and it didn't do much for me, but I've heard that some people see amazing results from it.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
My night improved, Abbs Grandad woke up at 6pm and is ok. SO far so good although he is on a heart pump so we won't know yet how his body is fully reacting to the surgery as of yet.
Hope all keeps going well! Sending good vibes.

I just got a text from the friend I left the basket with (they dont live in my town). Not good news. Hubby is back in hospital. Another clot. He is in his early 40's, looks fit and healthy, I did not expect this. They are midway through building their house so have been living in a caravan a few years and are real genuinely good honest people. I pray he mends and can live in the beautiful home they built. He did so much of it on his own. I can understand why its taken a toll.

Reactions: Nix

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
I got around to sorting out my socks I'd been making. Jeez, I hadn't realised I'd made about 12 pairs and that they were just sitting in a bag, when literally all that needs done to them is to weave in the ends. At this rate I'll have enough socks for every BB member.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Oh Bluebird I hope you are not going to say one size hits all as I wear size 14 in footwear.

Bluebird
Bluebird
Only for those members with a UK size 5 I'm afraid. Made them all in my own size !

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Very chilled day so far and ahead of me. Watching Buffy Season 5 and forcing myself to rest so I can start getting better. I have some awesomely tasty and healthy meals so I'm all warm and happy in the belly. Might have a nap.

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm struggling this week, I think it's a combination of working more and the morning being so dark but I really lack motivation to do anything. I haven't been on the bike for days, don't think I've hit the step target all week, and have far too much take away and processed junk food this week.

Hopefully it'll pass soon and I'll be back on the bike and actually want to cook again.

Taake
Taake
the darkness removes my motivation as well, I just want to hang on the couch all evening

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Its a food driven day for me too! I made roast beef last night - super easy fast food, open pack, stuck in the oven and dinner done after a couple episodes of tv. I am so glad to have it today, I am craving meat massively! I tend to fast on Fridays so it makes sense I need food through the system today. I have already finished the feta and olives I brought yesterday too, whoops. They were only the small jars and only lasted 3 meals. I should have added more kale and tomato to stretch it to 5. Loving milk to the extreme too... I bet I am a bit low in iron. Hopefully wont be by Monday with this much food haha.

Cant get comfy on the couch, I have done all I set out to do for the garden, aquaponics, stretching, meditation, paperwork, writing, chooks fed and buns got a run (They have had freedom all day, who needs a toddler when you have a bunny that can open doors and get into mischief!). Done a couple loads of washing and ran the dishwasher, still got a bit of the kitchen to clean but nothing draining. I wanted to do some sorting of my computer bits, only got half way cos I got distracted to make a faraday cage lol. Made a mini one and still cant find my silver hard drive. Better get back to that!

Rest well those who need it!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Hey, send me some roast beef! 😘

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Yay! It's going to rain! :D And I'm keeping my butt indoors while I eat a bowl of buttery rice...and a couple of chicken patties.

There's police cars, paramedics, and a coroner's van outside. Some people were peeking out of their windows to see what's up; but that's not my style, so I went out to ask. Apparently somebody died. Duh. But you know, those paramedics are pretty sexy. And they were so friendly. I wonder if they're the ones who saw me naked when I overdosed earlier this month? There's a thought! :eek: But I'm so over that. I have no idea how many people saw my bare ass, since I was unconscious. Thank God I have no memory of that little event. I only think about it when the gardeners stop working and stare at me as I walk by. You know how guys are, and I'm sure the story got out...but whatever. I just make sure that I look AWESOME when I leave the house, and hold my head high.

I didn't take a picture of the police cars. The cops would wonder why I was doing that, and since LAPD is kind of trigger happy, I don't want to provoke them in any way. Though it might me lots of fun to invite them into my home (aka the Fortress of Ultimate Darkness). Imagine...they already have handcuffs! 😇

IMG_20181205_153024.jpg

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
None of that crap matters. How tall were they? That's all that matters to a heightest like you.
Two of them were taller than me, so I'd say they were about 6' 3" or so. Oooh, and I loved those big, muscular arms. But I always check out a guy's fingers; it reveals quite a lot. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge...know what I mean?)

Speaking of sexy....
giphy.gif

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!! 😚😍👱💋💖🙆👍
giphy.gif
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Last edited:
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
yeah, if he's got muscles on his fingers then you can say nudge nudge wink wink, say no more!

Nix

Evil Nix 😈
Sineya
Pretty naff. Being tested for kidney failure at the moment :eek: get the results at the end of the week so we shall see, hoping it's just a blip and obviously not that!

Abbs is still doing well in school which is great and she likes it!!

Christmas shopping is nearly done... just got the stocking to do now oh and wrap everything (sigh)... I hate the thought of it but love the end results!! Lol...

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
zoiks - good luck!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
I woke up at 3 am because of SEVERE leg cramps. Got up and walked around until they subsided. Been up ever since and I'm exhausted.

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
I woke up at 3 am because of SEVERE leg cramps. Got up and walked around until they subsided. Been up ever since and I'm exhausted!
Ouch I get that, I usually don't get up though, I just try and stretch it out in bed! That way I can hold the blanket tight in an effort to relief the pain, doesn't really help but better than getting out of bed!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
My dad wasn't sure he'd be home for my birthday party (brunch) on Saturday (he ships out two weeks at a time on oil rigs) so he had me out for dinner tonight, just a nice home cooked meal and my present, which was way more money than I expected to get. My guess is it's cause this is a big, round 30th b-day :D

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
More people asking annoying questions today. I recently got married and now the first question I get about it is when we're having babies. :rolleyes: I'm not breeding any spawn, thanks for your query.

At least my mum only asks ironically then laughs after.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Yeah, you tell them Bluebird, use the excuse there are to many people in the world. You could use the excuse you are going into education that you are going to teach your sisters class; that will lead into your previous post, more people asking annoying questions today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom