• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

How was your day - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I went to the beach today. It was so peaceful. Defo my happy place. The carpark was absolutely packed. I thought the beach would be too... but nope... turns out, tourists prefer to sit around the carpark rather than go down on the sand. Mindboggling! I have never seen so many cars parked there, yet the water was quiet as. There was no wind, perfect conditions and warm ocean water only 50m from their chosen picnic spots on the grass IN THE CARPARK!?! Many didn't even have ocean views from where they sat. There were dutch boys playing volley ball on road. I don't get it.

The drive to the coast was insane, the roads melted just before Christmas so they layered them with more fine gravelly stuff in spots. The hwy was lined with bushfire prepared bill boards with threatening messages like "a bushfire would jump this road, are you ready?". The harvest trucks were back on the road after the break and I counted dozens of dead birds on the roadsides. They were too fat to fly fast enough after picking up the grain. I ran over a pink and grey galah but it didnt go under the wheels and was still pecking around at grain when I checked the read view. The town has no traffic lights, only roundabouts, I have already thanked god that I survived. Tourists do not know how to use roundabouts. Indicators are as foreign to them as English.

I got maccas for lunch, picked up a SSD drive on sale, found a new rug at more than half price off, brought some more veg seeds, grabbed a subway sandwich to take home then picked up fresh food, bun food and chook pellets on the way out of town. I saw a mumma roo teaching her baby joey road rules but otherwise an easy drive home.

Xander was very very mad at me when I got home. He demanded to be let free, even refused dinner. When he was out and sitting on his favourite rainbow mat I bent down to give him a kiss and he dug at my neck and bit my shoulder (with his gums). He had bad poos stuck to his tail so I cleaned him up and he went off to grump. Then I realised that Anya was not herself either. Poor darling sweet bunny had a very gassy tummy. I only had some dodgy looking celery to feed them last night and both of them got the farts today. Anya needed a belly rub to get things moving. I think she is better now cos she just jumped up on the couch, nipped me on the boob and then got stuck behind the tv cabinet.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
remind me never to get pet rabbits!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Butter Butt
Black Thorn
I'm still reeling from the sudden death of Chris Burrous, the news anchorman who I watched every weekend for nearly five years. It's very rare that I'm SO affected by the death of someone I don't know personally. He was such a troublemaker! I'll miss him quite a bit.

I'm listening to Doomsday by Six Feet Under and playing with my Barbies. I see nothing weird about that. :p I'm a metalhead with the heart of a six year old. So yeah, bite me. 😅

God, I feel SO MUCH better than I did last week!!! I was suffering a massive withdrawal from everything, since it's become nearly impossible to get opiate prescriptions filled....I could handle the pain, but the psychological crap was sheer torture. Luckily, I DID manage to get a tramadol refill yesterday, and my entire world completely changed! I knew I'd felt like utter crap for awhile, but didn't realise just how BAD it was until it stopped. I think that's why I was sooo obsessed with Sebastian Stan for awhile; my mind trying to find something, anything to focus on so the torment might be ignored a bit. I still like Sebastian, but I'm not all Becky about him anymore. Still, I'd totally do him. Anywhere, anytime. Like, in a heartbeat. 😍 Especially when he has long hair and a thick body. 😨

Last edited:

Taake

Talk Darcy to me
Staff member
Black Thorn
I spent yesterday in a VR facility playing games with my brother, it was my Christmas present to him, and for someone who's never thought VR games looked interesting or worthwhile... I'm kind of converted to them now. They're a lot of fun, especially when you can play as a team!

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
I spent yesterday in a VR facility playing games with my brother, it was my Christmas present to him, and for someone who's never thought VR games looked interesting or worthwhile... I'm kind of converted to them now. They're a lot of fun, especially when you can play as a team!
What console do you have for the VR? Abbs Dad plays on the PS4 and uses Skyrim a lot... it is awesome!

Taake

Talk Darcy to me
Staff member
Black Thorn
What console do you have for the VR? Abbs Dad plays on the PS4 and uses Skyrim a lot... it is awesome!
Oh, I've no idea. We had a whole room to ourselves each time, with backpacks and stuff to wear, but I'm gaming stuff illiterate so I don't know how anything actually works. :p

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Did it give you any side effects? I worry it'll make me nauseous 🤢

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
Oh, I've no idea. We had a whole room to ourselves each time, with backpacks and stuff to wear, but I'm gaming stuff illiterate so I don't know how anything actually works. :p
Yer George plays at home on the PS4 VR

It made me feel odd is the only way I can describe it and you need to sit down to start with definitely lol...

Taake

Talk Darcy to me
Staff member
Black Thorn
It did make me a bit dizzy at first, but you got used to it quickly.
As for other side effects like - did I walk straight into a wall? Yes, yes I did.

Bluebird
Bluebird
I'm sure he was a good brother who didn't laugh ;)

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I slept in. So now I am still up. Luckily it is Sunday and super quiet here, so I can snooze all day if I wana. New moon always makes for sleepy me.

I watched a few movies, one being 50 Shades Darker. Then I got all delusional thinking I could find a dude to sign a contract so we never have to live together or get married or have babies. It took about 30 mins on the fishy website to realise how seedy men in this state are, and not in the good, rich, contract having way. Flicking through those pics was like - prison tatts, methhead, father, methhead, rapist, fake pic, methhead, gym junkie, tatts, father, methhead. I took down my picture after 4 minutes. All it did was attract drop kick druggie dads.

One dude seemed alright though, totally upfront, no kids, cute pic, good job, own home, likes the beach. Only problem is that he was only 30 and I really dont want to do the friend with benefits thing with someone younger than me again. They always fall in love and hang around like hungry puppies. I think I saw my dentist on the site too. Got a date with him on Monday anyway. Now, how do I get him to foot that bill?

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
I spent the day at my mom's place. Yes, I'm 30 and I still do my laundry at a parent's place, don't judge me! :)

I also went there to borrow a bigger bathroom to dye my hair. When my friend dyed it a week ago, the damn bleach/toner/whatever it's called these days (it doesn't smell or burn anymore, yay!) didn't do it's job. It got the roots, like always, but it was spotty at best throughout and the ends were a very dark brown, though still lighter than it had been.

So today I bought a new bleach/toner and went to my mom's, prepared to finally get the hairstyle I've been dying for, for months. No such luck (cause I only have bad luck). There was enough dye in the box to do it twice...and it STILL DIDN*T TAKE COMPLETELY. *sigh* I hate bleaching my hair...

Anyway, I'm returning tomorrow, for one last shot at a more even color, and then one side of the mohawk is becoming black, the other one blue. I'm very excited for whenever it finally turns out right!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Butter Butt
Black Thorn
@Puppet If your hair falls out, I'm going to DIE laughing. But seriously, STOP putting all that crap in your hair!!! Those chemicals can burn the hair shaft, and your hair won't grow...and yes, it can also fall out. Leave your hair alone, kiddo.

Anyway, today I ran to get Ajax and Spic 'N Span so I could clean the house. I LOVE cleaning! Everything was already clean, but so what? Its cleaner now. 😆 I'm totally OCD about cleaning. When everything is shiny and smells fresh, I'm happy.

Hey, it's raining! Yay! I'm smoking and blasting metal. Yes, I COULD turn it down...but I don't see that happening. I know that couple next door is seething. Awww. Too bad. According to my stepfather, they've been instructed NOT to approach me. The realtor that's renting the unit to them seems to think that he has the power to somehow affect how I live. I've heard rumours that that couple has contacted the homeowner's association, lodging complaint after complaint about me. They really should calm down. wasn't banned from San Francisco for a year because of my winning personality. 😂 They'd better pray that I don't get to the point where I decide to move...because then it'll be open season on them. I've been a law-abiding, somewhat stable girl for several years know. I like not having warrants out for my arrest. I enjoy walking around, not worrying about being stopped by cops...and being arrested for outstanding warrants. [Which REALLY sucks, by the way) Everyday, I tell myself that those people aren't worth doing jail time. But that demonic side of me is wide awake, just itching to do something to teach them a lesson. Oh dear, how did that sugar get in their gas tank? Jeez, why did that group of teenage boys break their windows? Did someone pay them to do it? That's terrible! 😈

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
spent the day at my mom's place. Yes, I'm 30 and I still do my laundry at a parent's place, don't judge me
No judgement there! I only judge if you are over 30 and still live at your parents place lol.

I havent even signed into my main messenger since last year to avoid the influx of the nestbound asking to stay at my place for a free summer holiday. They dont pay rent or cook their own meals nor bother to manage their money to pay their own way. Lazy fat brats. They have jobs which pay more than disability does. Its frustrating that they tease me about my income, and lack of apparent life. They make me feel bad when I enjoy free things like the beach and bushwalking, its not normal apparently. Enjoyment only happens when you spend money according to them. The beach ruins nails and ruins hair = depression to the point of hospitalisation for them. Im glad to be away from those people but their judgements still hound me so I feel far less bitchy about judging them :p

When everything is shiny and smells fresh, I'm happy
Me too. I am jealous. I had a reaction to the antibiotics I was on last year, the rash has only just gone away. Typical it will be gone by my next appointment. I was so fatigued coupled with ptsd that I got behind in the cleaning. Its such a drag. I need a break from the garden. Being summer not much will grow so its the easy care period but I really have so much to catch up on. I hope if my next tooth is fixed tomorrow the headache will finally go away and I can get things done at normal speed. Doing them at sick speed means all I do is clean and sleep. And post from the loo.... Antibiotics mess my stomach right up!

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
My day has begun with me being woken up with coffee and French toast in bed. We're off to a good start.

Octavia
Octavia
Lovely!

NeonSlayer

Potential
I'm really off to a bad start this year. Almost all I've done is sleep. Some days my chronic fatigue hits hard.

Yesterday I went to an indoor market but I needed someone there to goad me into spending money. I ended up only buying 4 things and 3 of them were gifts for other people. And then went to Walgreens and spent $6 more there (on 2 items totalling $19) than I did at the giant eclectic shopping place.

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
I had a lovely day so far... a lay in and a lovely lunch out to celebrate a friends birthday... unfortunately it's back to the grind of the usual Sunday now... clothes washing, washing up, find uniform and get Abbs sorted for school tomorrow!! Least I don't have to have dinner.. lol

Taake

Talk Darcy to me
Staff member
Black Thorn
My foster sister has been kind of stressed lately, so I volunteered to take her 3.5 year old and 1 year old to the pool on my own... long story short, kids are exhausting!

Octavia
Octavia
u r a saint

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I'm really off to a bad start this year. Almost all I've done is sleep. Some days my chronic fatigue hits hard.
Sounds like a great start! It's a new moon :D Another cycle to celebrate. A nice time to rest before the next burst of life.
Are you still able to read when the fatigue knocks ya? Doesn't have to be idle downtime while you work back into it. It sucks to be totally wiped out for days cos the body deconditions so much. For me, my energy is linked to other things - one of which - the moon. So I gotta cut myself a little slack too, I was a bit frustrated this arvo by the lack of movement.

I had been considering downsizing my kitchen utensils and supplies but hadn't figured out how to organise it yet. Part of the problem is my cooking. I used to be so efficient when I lived in the shed. It was too small not to be. So I have this show on - Tidying up with Marie Kondo, She is such a cute little munchikin! Everyone in America seems to have MASSES of clothes. I thought I had too many!! Anyway, picked up some good tips. Some of hers are like my mums, but I had forgotten about them here, like the boxes to compartmentalise the draws. I have a heap of all sized boxes in the garage that I was holding on to and forgot why. I think the kitchen downsizing could be fun and make me more creative with fewer utensils.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
@Anyanka Bunny Slayer looks like you don't get to laugh yourself silly on my account - not today at least :p it went fine, I put in another batch of bleach/toner and then I put black in most of it, and blue in the rest; it turned out great. Not perfect, but great. Because my blonde hair was several different tones - ranging from pure white almost to pee yellow - the blue is different tones, too, but it looks fine. I'm happy with the result and my hair is fine :)

I also did my eyebrows, so now one of them is black and the other is blue :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom